The biggest winner from Manly v Warriors game - Craig Bellamy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Apparently players in the air are fair game if the ball has bounced…. Storm now have their tactic to win the comp….

Apparently players in the air are fair game if the ball has bounced…. Storm now have their tactic to win the comp….
That’s been the rule for a long time but I’d argue that Garrick was put in a dangerous position.Same thing happened to TomT a couple of years ago in Brisbane

I can understand why it wasn't a penalty, it's not in the rule book. It'll probably get added this week.

I have a feeling Garrick didn't realise the rule because you often see players hang onto the ball there, even when they're really hurt.

The NRL ars*clowns now go reactionary and talk of a rule change. What idiots they are. The rule is already there in 3 forms. Attacking the legs, dangerous contact or dangerous position. They had 3 options to use to penalise and they didn't because bunkerclown Sutton is a joke and redhead is a clueless gorm.

The NRL ars*clowns now go reactionary and talk of a rule change. What idiots they are. The rule is already there in 3 forms. Attacking the legs, dangerous contact or dangerous position. They had 3 options to use to penalise and they didn't because bunkerclown Sutton is a joke and redhead is a clueless gorm.
They could’ve simply ruled offside as well…

Tackling in air ok if the ball has bounced... we get it, it's technically not illegal and they will change the rule over the summer.

But... was it even a tackle? If he held onto Garrick and they came down together like a traditional tackle, probably wouldn't have been as dangerous.

Taking a player's legs out mid-air with no intention of actually completing a tackle, is not in the spirit of the game, at the least a negligent failure of duty of care, and is 100% a penalty every day of the week

Taking a player's legs out mid-air with no intention of actually completing a tackle, is not in the spirit of the game, at the least a negligent failure of duty of care, and is 100% a penalty every day of the week
This was my biggest issue with the "tackle" as well, Pete: it was never a contest for the ball. CNK's only intention was to put a hit on Garrick, which he did. He should then be accountable for that hit.

He pulled his hands away after the damage had been done i.e. he lifted Ruebens legs just enough (whether or not by accident}, to ensure he wouldn't be able to recover from a potentially paralyzing fall (so lucky he didn't land on his neck).
As has been said any other day of the week the ref blows the wistle, , "you are on report and 10 in the bin, you put him in a dangerous position".

The Manly forwards need to go ‘John O’Neill’*on Charmless Linda-Rondstadt next time Manly plays the UnZud team.

I have the exact player in mind.

*A reference to an alleged threat from O’Neill to Bucknall at halftime in the 1970 GF, after the Sattler incident.

Even the Warriors supporters who were sitting next to us were saying that it needs to be 10 in the bin and they were surprised when the Warriors got the scrum feed instead…. Go figure. How much longer do we put up with these awful decisions that go against us?

Last edited:
Even the Warriors supporters who were sitting next to us were saying that it needs to be 10 in the bin and they were surprised when the Warriors got the scrum feed instead…. Go figure. How much longer do we put up with these awful decisions that go against us?
Yes I watched it by myself with no sound in a bar in Bangkok , two tables away 3 kiwis were watching and were saying they got a few lucky calls, the last being the tackle by CNK on Rueben.

They could’ve simply ruled offside as well…
This. After watching that ridiculous gifted penalty to the Fins against Titans a number of weeks ago about being offside to chase down a field goal... and watch how offside the Warriors were for that incident. It's just infuriating how arbitrary rule enforcement is in our game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8