The elephant in the Room...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Reading this thread it appears we all see different things .
I can see us at the bottom of the table and given the talent that we have we are definitely under achieving and only the mediocre mentality cant see this reality
I can see more than one Elephant in the room
Trent+Barrett+John+Cartwright+NRL+Trial+Cronulla+lBBDJvkhoanl.jpg

Last edited:
Tom signed 3 years for $2.7 million and Jake 3 years for $2.1 million.
can anyone else see a problem here?
both brothers on contracts that end at the same time, 2020.
i know they are pretty set and unless something drastic happens they have no real intention of going anywhere, do we really think it is a good idea for this to occur

i know they are pretty set and unless something drastic happens they have no real intention of going anywhere, do we really think it is a good idea for this to occur
Brothers may have wanted it that way and let's face it, the brothers get what the brothers want because they are pretty much what separates us from the spoon at this point... i agree it is not an ideal situation but I do not think that divide and conquer would be a productive approach for the club

... old mate ... with most contracts being for 2/3 years ... and a group of 30 players ... it stands to reason that between 10/15 players will all have their contracts terminating at the same time ..... moving one of them by a year simply means that you then put them into a situation of terminating with other high paid players ..... no advantage or disadvantage .....

eg .... if you moved Tom say ... he could then coincide with Walker, Kapow or AFB ... or all three ...

... old mate ... with most contracts being for 2/3 years ... and a group of 30 players ... it stands to reason that between 10/15 players will all have their contracts terminating at the same time ..... moving one of them by a year simply means that you then put them into a situation of terminating with other high paid players ..... no advantage or disadvantage .....

eg .... if you moved Tom say ... he could then coincide with Walker, Kapow or AFB ... or all three ...

I'd also say with near certainty that they asked to have same length contracts.

They are very close so likely will decide all contracts together. Not $ but how long and for which club etc

They deserve the big bucks but hopefully they’ll realise we can only pay so much or we won’t have the money to surround them with enough quality to win a premiership. Somehow I reckon they will.

They deserve the big bucks but hopefully they’ll realise we can only pay so much or we won’t have the money to surround them with enough quality to win a premiership. Somehow I reckon they will.

Well thought out.

The best/highest paid players still want to win premierships while they make the big bucks they command(which adds to their value as well), not be high paid trophies in losing teams.

Some clubs have the sombrero to attract these guys, be it the appearance of having no "real" cap or the ability to furnish big TPA's, or both even.

Manly have neither, and won't have in the perceivable future.

Our "stars" will soon get tired of being losers when they can be winners with other clubs, and probably get paid more and we won't be able to attract new ones.

Our culture has been our BIG plus for a long time, but that has all but disappeared.

If we don't get it back there is no way we can compete on the playing field on which is set for us.

We need to build MANLY back again,or we will die a horrible death, real soon.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10