The forgotten Man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Definitely exceeded my expectations and added much needed energy in limited game time, but to be honest will struggle to get a spot in the 17, the addition of Bullemore will not help....but great depth and personally, I like what he brings and wish him well.....gutsy type and I'm a fan of that slso

Last edited:
Definitely exceeded my expectations and added much needed energy in limited game time, but to be honest will struggle to get a spot in the 17, the addition of Bullemore will not help....but great depth and personality, I like what he brings and wish him well.....gutsy type and I'm a fan of that slso
Pretty spot on assessment, our bench as it stands of Bullemore, walker, paseka and Keppie our bench. I expect Ben turbo will be a lot more comfortable next season

Andrew Davey came here with good wraps terrible injury in round 3.
I would like to see him get an opportunity. Who knows, he may be above Bullemor in the pecking order at the start of the season? Last year's finals team was very much shaped by early season injuries to key players. There are no guarantees as to how next season will unfold.

Adding him and Bullmore to our already growing pack, exciting times. It's really important that we have taken forward steps with our roster. We didn't back up our good seasons after 2017 and 2019 because we regressed in the quality of roster. So I'm hoping with us only adding positives to this developing contending squad, we can actually back up a good season, the first time since 2013, and keep our premiership window open.

I am not sure what Davey will bring on the field because of the injury and the competition for places. What is very clear is the type of guy and player he is... very much in the Jake mould with his attitude and his approach. He is the type of player everyone wants to play along side - a guy with all heart and a willingness to do whatever it takes and put his body on the line. He showed that in those first couple of games when everyone else was poor he stood up and was our MOM in the first game and pretty easily MOM and he was showing the goods in the second game. We certainly could use a tough as teak, all heart player in the middle and yes I think he runs great angles. I have no idea if he makes our top 17 BUT if he has fully recovered from the ACL and his mobility etc is fine I will guarantee that whoever beats him onto the bench has earned that spot and so that in itself will make us a better team. He will not miss out because of a lack of effort on the training track. He seems to me to be a guy who will also be supremely fit so again anyone beating him for a bench spot will earn it. But I am really excited to see him get a crack and if he does grab a bench spot above some of the others gee that will be impressive and gee his tough as teak attitude would be a great bonus for us. We certainly lack that hard nosed never say die forward besides Jake and maybe Keppie.

Adding him and Bullmore to our already growing pack, exciting times. It's really important that we have taken forward steps with our roster. We didn't back up our good seasons after 2017 and 2019 because we regressed in the quality of roster. So I'm hoping with us only adding positives to this developing contending squad, we can actually back up a good season, the first time since 2013, and keep our premiership window open.

I hope Davey has an outstanding preseason, remains fit all year, and really competes for a bench spot week in and week out. He deserves another shot, and he will push the rest of the fringe forwards into competing for those bench spots as well. I hope he goes well.

Perspective time

The Gutsy Davey has a history of determination and resilience and he is not forgotten by those that value those great characteristic qualities

The worst possible mindset a coach can set in his players is that they own their NRL 2021 positions

NRL positions on the field are leased not owned as a player is only as good as their last game
and in our last few games in the finals few players can vouch for their starting spots

No one should own a starting position in 2022 and every player in our 30 man squad should compete for a starting spot

One thing for sure is that the Gutsy and resilient Davey is a competitor

Davey is a quality player and we need him fully fit. You can never have too much depth. The top 17 will change due to circumstances such as injury's, suspensions and origin so we need quality depth to slip straight in without weakening our side.

Andrew Davey came here with good wraps terrible injury in round 3.
He was injured in Round 2, not Round 3.
In Round 1 he got the 3 points as Manly's best player in our MVP poll, and next game only lasted about 3 minutes before injury.
If he can get his knee right I'm sure Des will give him an opportunity. Des values hard work and never-say-die attitude above just about anything, even talent. Exhibit A, Lachie Croker

and he is the perfect role model for the young guys ..... he would have been an awesome captain... probably missed that boat
Will never happen Nightster, but certainly get your thoughts here....the bloke is the perfect example of giving 100% and is no nonsense....set's the example with his actions and if he found the NRL at a younger age - could well be a coach favourite and more importantly a bloke the players want to play for, due to his all in attitude.

Just on a side note - even as a fan , when I watched him play for the Eels, he kind of scared me from a Manly perspective...not because of his skill set, more his energy that he would could Never give in and could easily lift his team with his gusty attitude by lifting those who look flat around him, which is so important in rugby league at ANY level.

I have seen one hit up from Davey in a Manly jersey, and that was in round 2 and exactly the one that did his ACL. I hope he has a full 2022 to show us what he can do. He offered plenty of energy at Parramatta.

NYEagle

He was injured in Round 2, not Round 3.
In Round 1 he got the 3 points as Manly's best player in our MVP poll, and next game only lasted about 3 minutes before injury.
If he can get his knee right I'm sure Des will give him an opportunity. Des values hard work and never-say-die attitude above just about anything, even talent. Exhibit A, Lachie Croker
He a tough bugger and has life experience

Perspective time

The Gutsy Davey has a history of determination and resilience and he is not forgotten by those that value those great characteristic qualities

The worst possible mindset a coach can set in his players is that they own their NRL 2021 positions

NRL positions on the field are leased not owned as a player is only as good as their last game
and in our last few games in the finals few players can vouch for their starting spots

No one should own a starting position in 2022 and every player in our 30 man squad should compete for a starting spot

One thing for sure is that the Gutsy and resilient Davey is a competitor
We’ll put good sir. The notion of a “top 17” is irrelevant these days. Rarely if ever are the best 17 available. You carry a squad and select the best of what’s available. Everybody needs to be ready to step up and play their part. I feel Master Davey is a valuable asset to our club. His luck with injury will change and his determination to succeed will rub off on others. I think he’ll offer more to this squad next year than we think!

Kind of a different player to davey, but Jake is our unfashonable type player, and a darn good one too. Perhaps there is room for one more on the bench against certain teams, but prefer the rest of the backrowers to be guns.

In saying that I look forward to seeing how his year pans out in 2022

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8