The gap between NRL teams.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I think this photo says it all really.

Dn76biaUUAAI97_.jpg

Pretty appropriate that another [ The ] Gap is in Roosters territory . Be good to Bridge the gap , Wonder what ex Tiger player Gary is doing these days

While I agree that there are serious issues with the cap and TPA's.... let's not forget that in the jet are the best current coach in the NRL and possibly the best fullback to ever play the game. They are allowed to be wealthy. I really don't like the Storm (and I think Billy should have been suspended), but we as a club have enjoyed some amazing success against them and since then we have cocked it up for ourselves. I have no doubt that the Storm are currently under the cap, so I don't have a problem with it...... as for the Roosters... well I have serious doubts about them.

Sorry, but bull$hit.

Wombat and Snake were better players.
If Billy Slater was a Manly player, and Brett Stewart was from the Storm, you wouldn't even remotely consider Brett Stewart on a par with Billy Slater.
Billy is better in every facet of the game except support play, which led to Stewart's higher try scoring rate.
Let alone the fact that Slater is 35 and still at the top of his game, and Stewart is 33 and 2 years retired. I'm a Manly fan (and a Stewart fan) through and through, but I'll call things for what they are, not through some Manly tinted glasses.
Have a poll on any neutral based Rugby League forum, and Billy would get 90% of the vote.

Last edited:
The jet is no big deal.

It’s another chapter in desperate moves teams make to get a player to play.

Along with lockyer’s low flying helicopter flight, or blocker being sent to England in an attempt to sit out a game there so he could serve his suspension prior to the gf.

While I agree that there are serious issues with the cap and TPA's.... let's not forget that in the jet are the best current coach in the NRL and possibly the best fullback to ever play the game. They are allowed to be wealthy. I really don't like the Storm (and I think Billy should have been suspended), but we as a club have enjoyed some amazing success against them and since then we have cocked it up for ourselves. I have no doubt that the Storm are currently under the cap, so I don't have a problem with it...... as for the Roosters... well I have serious doubts about them.

I am not sold on the Bellamy super coach idea. He has had the best assets that money could buy, a huge nursery and is operating with 3 times the staff of the poorer clubs including us, had to cheat the salary cap to achieve any greatness and currently runs with the highest registered TPA's of any club or 2 rep stars more than the poorer clubs.

His Origin venture was an absolute failure as well.

I am not sold on the Bellamy super coach idea. He has had the best assets that money could buy, a huge nursery and is operating with 3 times the staff of the poorer clubs including us, had to cheat the salary cap to achieve any greatness and currently runs with the highest registered TPA's of any club or 2 rep stars more than the poorer clubs.

His Origin venture was an absolute failure as well.
Interesting debate for sure.... I think you could argue that even since the salary cap he has achieved a pretty good record. Since 2012, the Storm have been in 4 grand finals. They have won 2 and may win a 3rd on Sunday. In my opinion their roster is in no way stacked, yet they continue to succeed.

A Manly photo would have the player sitting on a milk crate in a demountable writing his own statement in crayon, with Peter Peters trying to work a VCR to watch the incident whilst scoffing into a meat pie.
Was that a Beta or V H S - V C R player , image can be important sometime

Interesting debate for sure.... I think you could argue that even since the salary cap he has achieved a pretty good record. Since 2012, the Storm have been in 4 grand finals. They have won 2 and may win a 3rd on Sunday. In my opinion their roster is in no way stacked, yet they continue to succeed.
But their T P A :s amount to some 850 k according to the ' official " reporting . far exceeding most clubs . Not a bad advantage to have in any given year irrespective of Bellamy "s coaching rating .

I could never agree that bellamy is a super anything apart from super scumbag, he with his dirty tactics has had a massively negative impact on rugby league. He introduced the dirty wrestling stuff into the game and we are all poorer for it. He should have been run out of the game years ago

If Billy Slater was a Manly player, and Brett Stewart was from the Storm, you wouldn't even remotely consider Brett Stewart on a par with Billy Slater.
Billy is better in every facet of the game except support play, which led to Stewart's higher try scoring rate.
Let alone the fact that Slater is 35 and still at the top of his game, and Stewart is 33 and 2 years retired. I'm a Manly fan (and a Stewart fan) through and through, but I'll call things for what they are, not through some Manly tinted glasses.
Have a poll on any neutral based Rugby League forum, and Billy would get 90% of the vote.
I agree that Slater was a better overall player; however, Stewart was better in more than just support play. Stewart was a much better passer, he was a natural, I have seen Slater pass out over the sideline on numerous occasions. Brett could pull off impossible passes and set up numerous tries. Brett was also better under the high ball.

The main area that Billy killed Brett in was kick returns - Billy is phenomenal at this and Brett pretty much succumbed to the first tackle every time. Billy is always on the ball operating at 100 miles per hour which makes him the best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8