The Good, The Bad and The Ugly report - WCC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great report cf2. I confess, played golf all morning and couldn't resist looking at the scoreline so now I won't watch the replay. Hate watching us lose even if it is this stupid meaningless game. Excellent to see Dan is going to make your reports featured articles. I reckon cf2 should be put on a paid retainer. I will resist any negative comments but I don't like the sound of some of our boys being overweight. Come on guys - this is pro sport. You have two weeks to smash it in the gym.

Great write up, thanks for taking the time to do it and to put things into perspective.

No doubt the media will blow it all out of proportion and the Manly haters will post their usual dribble.

Hope the team and the supporters have a safe trip home and lets bring on season 2012 and a warning to opposition teams, write us of at your own peril.

Cambo, I was at the club and did talk to few of the lads. No one looked like they wanted to slash their wrists at the result. I think most of the supporters thought we went OK given Klein and his/our errors. There are some on here who aren't giving Leeds the praise they deserved. They played quite well. You are right again my old friend, we came 5th in 2009 and 9th in 2010.

Disappointed with result-naturally. But it was a great effort considering ALL the circumstances.
I loved seeing the camera pan to the coach...Tooves...loved it. He looked like a big kid in a candy store. I think it will serve him well, given all the attention over there.
Well done boys!!!!

PS Lol shots of Zorba on the gravy train again...surely he has dined out on his Manly "link" for long enough. My info is he was punting "furiously" lol

Missed this report over the break, thanks for your time and effort mate!!!

Found the below on the Sydney Morning Herald Website!

Interesting reading (as in we actually did pretty well, stats wise);

Completetions;
Manly 33/41 (80%)
Leeds 27/39 (69%)

Total Runs;
Manly 164 (1101m)
Leeds 148 (1069m)

Missed Tackles
29 a piece

This is probably one of the reasons we weren't able to dominate;

Jason King runs - 12 (82m)

Brent Kite runs - 8 (48m)

Leeds frontrowers were just the same!!!!

there was one other poor decision by the ref in the last 7 mins.
in the lead up to the 2nd last try(the one with the forward pass) leeds were awarded 6 to go from a grubber kick that hit a manly defender who was only a few mtrs. away. he had no time to react yet the ref gave them the extra tackles which led to the try.

m8 great report i loved it and agree the ref killed us in the last ten minutes that no knock on.... WOW i still cant believe he said play on! the penalty immediatly afterwards. then the two forward passes each further forward than the other and there last try... iv got a 63inch LCD at home clearly it touches a leeds players hand and goes forward.. knock on? no chance its a try after the video ref looks 4-5 times.. what the??? we were robbed and robbed well! but we did come out and play some good footy 2nd half alt better than they played all game and there first try was a forward pass too i would of given matai the try that pushing and shoving happens every game wether its nrl or park footy shame shame shame on the ref when u come to brookvale u will be given the treatment u rightfully deserve ps still upset des left but toovey will do fine weve got the team and the skill to go back to back

anthonyb1965 said:
Missed this report over the break, thanks for your time and effort mate!!!

Found the below on the Sydney Morning Herald Website!

Interesting reading (as in we actually did pretty well, stats wise);

Completetions;
Manly 33/41 (80%)
Leeds 27/39 (69%)

Total Runs;
Manly 164 (1101m)
Leeds 148 (1069m)

Missed Tackles
29 a piece

This is probably one of the reasons we weren't able to dominate;

Jason King runs - 12 (82m)

Brent Kite runs - 8 (48m)

Leeds frontrowers were just the same!!!!

Yep, but the surface was a wet sandpit and it looked like they were playing under the 5 meter rule! It needed old style prop play and I reckon king and kite played real tough out there. I enjoyed the game and we clearly would have won if decisions mentioned above we're taken out of the equation.

The worst thing was our discipline - although Klein should be banned from reffing a top-flight match ever again, most of the penalties against us were justified. I also hope Buhrer gets more game time, it's a waste giving him 15 minutes, he could do so much more. Given a few less penalties, some luck with the ref and Stewart scoring the try himself instead of throwing the pass, we could have won.

Could have, should have, but didn't. Consider this another trial. No injuries and the boys all played reasonably well. There's improvement there, which is a good sign. Pity we didn't win the trophy because it's quite a nice big cup. The old fashioned type. Next time you're in the Leagues club check out the one we won in 09..

Disappointed but not discouraged We have the talent and character in our team to rise again this year .We have plenty to prove .

A few of us had a few beers with the boys in Leeds before we left on Saturday night. I had a good chat with Tooves and Matt Parish (great guy by the way) and both thought the referring was dreadful BUT both also said "we had our chances and didn't take them and they had theirs and did"...so NO excuses.

What was noticeable was that the boys who played in the Four Nations did not hit their stripes till well into the second half.

There must be more studies done to see how the physiology of rep players compares to those that only play the 24 rounds. They are human after all :angel:

Wolfy's involvement and skill level was amazing for a man who hadn't trained till just recently. He looked so frail at the Hoyts GF replay. So qudos to the Wolfman - may he have a 2008 style season and help win us B2B :heart:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6