The Greatest Con: Ticketmaster's 'Handling Fee'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

smirny

I went to buy my tickets for our next game against Parra and I noticed the handling fee was $7.10. How ridiculous is that! I then went to see if it was the same for other games because I don't recall paying that much for any game.

For the Dragons, Ticketmaster charge a fee of $4.55
For the Knights, it's $4.45

In other sports... For GWS, it's $6.10
For Newcastle Jets it's $4.35
For the Nitro Circus it's $4.35

Why are we being forced to pay up to 63% more in the 'handling fee', when it's the exact same service being provided! Absolutely ridiculous. I have contacted the club as well as TicketMaster to give me the logic in screwing us Manly fans over.

It’s a joke anyway as you print your own ticket.

I can understand the fee for printing and posting to you.

I went to buy my tickets for our next game against Parra and I noticed the handling fee was $7.10. How ridiculous is that! I then went to see if it was the same for other games because I don't recall paying that much for any game.

Why are we being forced to pay up to 63% more in the 'handling fee', when it's the exact same service being provided! Absolutely ridiculous. I have contacted the club as well as TicketMaster to give me the logic in screwing us Manly fans over.

Putrid

The fee would be based on the expected crowd size. Less at Brookie than at Kogarah, so they increase it for us.

Ring Dept Fair Trading to report it as the handling fee is 30% of the entry fee :confused:

Buying a 3 game membership is the way to eliminate Ticketmaster :)

Manly Sea Eagles Club should respond. Yes it is great that we get more Membership, but 60% of our crowds will always be the walk up crowd ! They are encourage to buy tickets in advance at better pricing (?) but then the high handling fees are added on !! It doesn't work !

The Adult GA ticket price of $32 for Brookie – we are losing a good 2,000 people a game. People are complaining about the prices and these are people who won’t get Membership - they may attend 1 to 4 games a year? They just get stung by the high price or paying the handling fee if buying a ticket in advance !

Thanks for the info re handling fee - With my membership I save 10 (games) x $7.10 = $71!!

Membership is more rewarding that I thought!

It's been one of my bugbears for years, whether it be for sporting events, concerts or gigs and don't get me started on domestic airfares!
They are ticket sellers, that is what they do.
They pretty much force you to do everything online and there is no rhyme or reason for their charges.
I bought two tickets for a gig at the Opera House for $318 and the transaction fee was $8.50 - less than 3% so fair enough
Oztix are about 5%
But to charge $7.10 for a $25 ticket is a rort.
Some even charge per ticket whilst others charge per transaction
My brother was down from Qld last year and had a Telstra 20% discount that he could only redeem by buying through Ticketmaster but with the booking fee he was better off buying at the ground.
These days everything "has to be transparent" so they need to disclose the booking fee but we'd have less of a whinge if the ticket price was just that and what they get out of it is between them and the venue operator.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10