The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Don't forget Thommo will be gone at the end of this season how much is he on $500 thous a season I think ??..
Can anyone confirm how much he gets. Whatever it is it will be freed up for next season..

I'll be sad to see Thommo go. He is a toiler, and very methodical in how he goes about his footy. Has some fine leadership skills, and very likable by everybody. He does some wonderful things to help the less fortunate, and kids, in his spare time, and I think he creates a great image of what true Manly spirit is all about. He is becoming very Manly, I'm gunna miss him, and I think the team will too, if they let him go.

I'll be sad to see Thommo go. He is a toiler, and very methodical in how he goes about his footy. Has some fine leadership skills, and very likable by everybody. He does some wonderful things to help the less fortunate, and kids, in his spare time, and I think he creates a great image of what true Manly spirit is all about. He is becoming very Manly, I'm gunna miss him, and I think the team will too, if they let him go.
Who says we wont resign him?

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Thomo has said a few times that he wants to go to ESL whilst his kids are still young

Pretty sure he is valued by Manly and would be on the retention list :)

Yeah I am sure he would be on our keeper list, but there are rumours clubs like Leeds are willing to pay him alot more than we are.

Given he is in his twilight years, I can't blame him for taking the dollars. Will be sad to see him go if he does. He is solid on field and seems like a great cultural influence.

From what we have seen from parker, et al, I have complete faith Desmond knows what he is doing if Joel leaves.

I have just obtained a transcript of Guthos negotiations with the Eels and Manly from his agent

Gutho to Eels: IwantsixhundredK!

Eels to Gutho: ———————

Gutho to Eels: I wantsixhundredK or I will go to Maaaaaaanly!

Eels to Gutho: Go see good luck

Gutho to Dessie: IwantsixhundredK!

Dessie to Gutho: (whistles “what have you done for me lately ooo oooo oooh yeah!”

Gutho to Dessie: WELL???

Dessie to Gutho: Ok, tell you what, come over here and spin this little wheel I have. You have a chance to win your 600K (actually a one in 32 chance), but you may also get a kick in the teeth and a paddle pop.

Gutho to Eels: IwantfivehundredK!

NYEagle

Thommo was just the player we needed a year or two back when we got him - a no-nonsense experienced edge defender.
We're a different team now though - and by the time next season comes around the likes of Waddell, Gojetski and Guacamole will be gunning for that spot.
Could see someone like Parker also make a fist of backrow in the years ahead..

I don't deny him the opportunity to work and live in the UK, but I'd like to see him extended for 2020 just to help bring these young kids coming through.

Heard him on an interview and hes a life long Manly supporter because of his grandmother.
And you're spot on, he's become very Manly.
He's hitting like a train in defence and is a player I think the young guys feel safe playing with when they see him take the field.
A real BK type in our rebuild and will always be Manly to me...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10