The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uh, oh - today's SMH. Boardroom troubles at Parra again. 'Who da thunk it'?

Certainly not the overwrought Norths' junior from Snives.

Whether we care to admit it or not, the emotional attachment we feel toward our team is what makes us the fans we are.

We would like to think that the players have the same connection to Manly. When they up and leave, it makes no sense to us because we could never support another team. Imagine being a Parramatta supporter ? I'd rather change sports.

But it's not the same. It's a job to these guys. A job they'll have to leave in their mid 30's barring major injury. So while I don't like it, I understand why they take the cash. But I don't think we ask too much when we ask them not to s**t on the club on their way out. Foz did this more than Cherry did but neither conducted themselves that well.

Manly made both these guys the players they are today. How about a modicum of gratitude hey boys ?

Can someone explain why there is a 140 page forum about Foran "whats best for my family is 1.2million", yet DCE "whats best for my family is 1.0 million" is relatively ignored?

AS a side note writing this; I find it hilarious that the useless Eels paid more for Foran than the Tits did for evans.

For sure it was. And I bet Foz doesn't realise he's subsidising Choc's retirement fund. They're really paying about $1.4m for Foz... Sounds funny when you say it out loud!
Can't blame the kid for going for those dollars BUT don't bull**** to us all by saying its otherwise .

It's probably been explained already but can someone help me with the following. How much of Foran's and Choc's dollars are third party, given that the Eels are supposed to have strong third party support (not that that is technically allowed for a "club")? I guess that is confidential.
So if they're covered by, let's call it the Gifty rule (the only player I have ever heard it applied to), where Foran and Choc are current or potential (I know) rep players, their base salary (before third party?) should be no less than the NRL deemed amount, correct?
So if they are officially paid this base acceptable NRL rate, and the balance by third party money, the eels still have plenty in the cap, and so is it their "supporters" who have payed overs for these blokes, not the club?
Is this the way it works?

PS If it hurt you to read this please give a big thank you to the NRL (making simple things complex since 1997).

How much of Foran's and Choc's dollars are third party, given that the Eels are supposed to have strong third party support (not that that is technically allowed for a "club")? I guess that is confidential.
since 1997).

EDT, you are quite correct, it is very much confidential.

To the point that noone here would have the faintest idea about the actual contract amount, let alone the split between 3rd party and non 3rd party contracted sums.

EDT, you are quite correct, it is very much confidential.

To the point that noone here would have the faintest idea about the actual contract amount, let alone the split between 3rd party and non 3rd party contracted sums.

I am going to weigh in and say that's not exactly 100%. The 3rd party deals are "99%" of the time acquired by the club and forwarded to the players manager for ratification and operation. Yes that is illegal in the sense that they are supposed to be externally sourced and at arms length from the club, but that's how they work.

But...there is usually a quid pro quo back to the "sponsor" from the club, in the form of access to players in club gear (the recipient is not allowed to be in club colours in 3rd party deals), and special privileges. This is not $ costed, but certainly has its advantages and is a form of thank you for the sponsors kind hearted "gift".

This is the massive inequity that is the salary cap.
The NRL seem to not care that certain clubs have much greater access to third party money than others.
Who knows how much of Foran's contract is actually part of the cap. Surely he can't be registered for 300 with 900 being in third party payments?
Under this scheme, you can assemble any roster you like and stay under the cap.

This is the massive inequity that is the salary cap.
Under this scheme, you can assemble any roster you like and stay under the cap.
Did not work for Manly, with the NRL setting a nominal contract value for Gifty. They did the same for Folau with the Eels.:cool:

The NRL have to set a nominal weighting for every attribute of a Player, then it would be equitable as it would be transparent.
+ points For level of Game ie. Rep for Major Nations, Rep for Emerging Nations, SOO/City/ Country (may need some jiggling to account for Kiwi Players etc who will never be subject to weighting),Finalist, GF and
-points for Continuous Years at Club from SG Ball through to FG,

The TPA's will always be an issue, but as some Players have found to their detriment, the TPA can walk and they have no recourse to get the monies promised.:wondering:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10