The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foran has always been motivated by where he could get paid the most, rather than legacy.
Foran would've stayed at Manly for little if he could keep an important role. I don't think he should've had to stay here and step aside for Schuster because Schuster hadn't shown any intent to earn that jersey. Foz was our best half in the first part of 2022. But after a few injuries the backline was in trouble and there were no real support players in attack. That's when it appeared like he had nothing to offer (but this goes for any half under those conditions). Would've loved to see Foz in 23' working with Trbo back, and an improved backline.

He's definitely my favourite player, hope to see him go well for the Tits

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to laugh at the 15-1 in the telegraph today, it is the worst buys parra have made, Foran comes in at #1. 9 games for a $5m contract. Watmough made it to #4 and Hopoate at #14
If they dont make the 8 this year maybe they can add Hasler to the list of our sloppy seconds.

Is this like a Blackadder thing where distant ancestors of Des & Trent were coaching during & after WWI?

Hey dont knock Blackadder. He saw the crazy thinking in every century. Yes I'm a baby boomer and I fart a lot at this mature age, and yes I do miss the 20th century. Thank you for pointing out my error. I think I'll go and have a nice lie down now...and again correct yet another of my blunders. Where's teddy?

@Bearfax some think your ideas are too last centrury......I disagree

Yep I also miss pounds, shillings and pennies, pints, miles and feet, and a pound of flesh. I've corrected my blunder. Thank you for your support heh heh. Its hard being 72 among you young pups some having never known the twentieth century. I think I'll just go off and cringe in the corner for a bit.

Yep I also miss pounds, shillings and pennies, pints, miles and feet, and a pound of flesh. I've corrected my blunder. Thank you for your support heh heh. Its hard being 72 among you young pups some having never known the twentieth century. I think I'll just go off and cringe in the corner for a bit.
At least you would remember sustained premiership dominance from Manly in the 70s and 90s. This year on year off rhythm you point out all makes us all artificially older!

Hang in there @Bearfax at least you don't hide your age in your handle. Age disgracefully I say!

At least you would remember sustained premiership dominance from Manly in the 70s and 90s. This year on year off rhythm you point out all makes us all artificially older!

Hang in there @Bearfax at least you don't hide your age in your handle. Age disgracefully I say!

Hey my favourite players came from the 1960s heaven forbid. Mick and Fred Yakich, Pogo Morgan, Les Hannigan (only Manly player to score five tries in a match..yep I was there), Cranky Frankie Stanton, Mick Veivers, Ken Day, Billy Bradstreet, Bob Batty, Freddie Jones, Dennis Ward (died a few months ago and I briefly worked with him), Alec Tennant and a young bloke from the 'gong, called Fulton. Loved sitting just up from the fence on the 20 metre line north end on the hill where you could see the freckles on their faces. They were great days.

Hey my favourite players came from the 1960s heaven forbid. Mick and Fred Yakich, Pogo Morgan, Les Hannigan (only Manly player to score five tries in a match..yep I was there), Cranky Frankie Stanton, Mick Veivers, Ken Day, Billy Bradstreet, Bob Batty, Freddie Jones, Dennis Ward (died a few months ago and I briefly worked with him), Alec Tennant and a young bloke from the 'gong, called Fulton. Loved sitting just up from the fence on the 20 metre line north end on the hill where you could see the freckles on their faces. They were great days.
I think it was up until '74 that you could sit in the Western Stand, anywhere you liked (that was not taken), for GA money. It was first come first serve. Commercialization of the game, and certainly "4 Pines Park" began around then. Bozo, won so many games for MWSE, by himself almost, and he was 'professional'. Consequently when he was offered a 'professional contract' at Easts, late '76, he did the professional thing - it was a cruel blow that shook my faith in the world. How could Bozo leave us ? Straight after winning yet another GF? Consternation up and down the peninsula. Not everything about those days was great.

Give these young blokes a centimetre and they’ll take a kilometre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4