The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

Jatz Crackers said:
urulion said:
Jatz Crackers said:
1) Menzies
2) Sub Mountable ? Is there a naval battle on this friday we dont know about, or does that mean some sort of low doggy style ?

It should have read Mensies and surmountable. I really do hope that the obscurity has not defected from your comprehension.

1) Menzies
2) deflected

My comprehension is gooda !

As long as it is gooda, and as long as you understand, that's the whole intention.

RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

quinny said:
Hasler and Foran having breakfast together one week out from re-match....If true FOF

Just piss this prick off to NSW Cup

Rule no. 1 at Manly.....Never grovel for a player, a better one is ready to take your spot. Tried and True. Stands the test of time.

I cant f@$%ing believe the last 6 months.....
I agree quinny,stick him the nsw cup and let the fans deal with him

Jatz Crackers said:
urulion said:
Jatz Crackers said:
1) Menzies
2) Sub Mountable ? Is there a naval battle on this friday we dont know about, or does that mean some sort of low doggy style ?

It should have read Mensies and surmountable. I really do hope that the obscurity has not defected from your comprehension.

1) Menzies
2) deflected

My comprehension is gooda !

Your going too bee busy Jatz if ewe have decided too take it up on you're self too correct peoples' spelling, Most posters hear get there spelling, grammar and punctuation rite on this sight most of the thyme - how ever sum get it wrong quiet a bit. Ewe also need two look out four posters using the wrong spelling of a word wear the word they want two use is spelled differently; don't four get too fix that two:

Daniel said:
I honestly can not fathom this legal action talk, it just sounds so petty and spiteful and is unbecoming of both clubs.

I know we like being hated, but adding to it doesn't seem a logical thing to do.

We are going to lose players, and we lost our coach, it happens, even Wayne Bennett left the broncos.

The thing is, when he left the broncos, they did the respectful thing, and just got on with business, appointed a new coach and kept looking at new talent. Sure they have a bit of an unfair advantage, but they didn't carry on like a bunch of children.

It is so sad to see this mighty club look like this, even if all this talk of legal action is only fan driven, it is so unbecoming and it saddens me that we are the ones doing it.
If there is strength behind it, it would only make the Dogs look bad.

Daniel said:
I honestly can not fathom this legal action talk, it just sounds so petty and spiteful and is unbecoming of both clubs.

I know we like being hated, but adding to it doesn't seem a logical thing to do.

We are going to lose players, and we lost our coach, it happens, even Wayne Bennett left the broncos.

The thing is, when he left the broncos, they did the respectful thing, and just got on with business, appointed a new coach and kept looking at new talent. Sure they have a bit of an unfair advantage, but they didn't carry on like a bunch of children.

It is so sad to see this mighty club look like this, even if all this talk of legal action is only fan driven, it is so unbecoming and it saddens me that we are the ones doing it.

Dan the problem as I see it is that Bennett and other coaches did it in a dignified way. The dog was deceitful and lied to the fans. Why did he not give Manly the last option? The fact that there are these get-out clauses leads to to believe if he didn't get what he wanted he'd go elsewhere and take players with him and we can now see it unfolding.

I know players come and go but this has been done imo deceitfully.

The dog was one of my favorites but as far as I'm concerned I hate him with a passion. Why the big hoo haa when the greek was replaced with someone who could do that job properly? Once he was removed the wrecking ball started to roll and now we have a situation where it all gone pear-shaped once again.

I'd like to win a GF and be able to actually enjoy it but the last two pale into insignificance with the Brett fiasco and then the coach announcing that he's signed elsewhere just days after the 2011 GF. But not only that the speculation was rife weeks before the win.

I'm just glad he's gone and if others want to follow so be it.

I hope these contracts are sorted out sooner rather than later so we know who is staying and who is leaving. The club has got to put a deadline on the players who haven't decided and a plan B should be in place to replace the ones who decide to leave.

Whatever happens Manly will survive.

Ceagle said:
Daniel said:

If there is strength behind it, it would only make the Dogs look bad.

Not at all, There are no real winners in this. All it will do is make other people think "ha manly getting a taste of their own medicine" as outdated as that view may be, it is still the view many hold.

All we will come off as are spoiled children throwing a tantrum, the bulldogs will also look bad, but the net result is that we all just look sulky

swoop said:
Daniel said:

Dan the problem as I see it is that Bennett and other coaches did it in a dignified way. The dog was deceitful and lied to the fans. Why did he not give Manly the last option? The fact that there are these get-out clauses leads to to believe if he didn't get what he wanted he'd go elsewhere and take players with him and we can now see it unfolding.

I know players come and go but this has been done imo deceitfully.

The dog was one of my favorites but as far as I'm concerned I hate him with a passion. Why the big hoo haa when the greek was replaced with someone who could do that job properly? Once he was removed the wrecking ball started to roll and now we have a situation where it all gone pear-shaped once again.

I'd like to win a GF and be able to actually enjoy it but the last two pale into insignificance with the Brett fiasco and then the coach announcing that he's signed elsewhere just days after the 2011 GF. But not only that the speculation was rife weeks before the win.

I'm just glad he's gone and if others want to follow so be it.

I hope these contracts are sorted out sooner rather than later so we know who is staying and who is leaving. The club has got to put a deadline on the players who haven't decided and a plan B should be in place to replace the ones who decide to leave.

Whatever happens Manly will survive.

And what of Bennett going up to Newcastle to speak with the team etc whilst he was still coach of the Dragons.

It wasn't deceitful he was treated in a way he didn't like so chose to go elsewhere.
Do you honestly think that we are faultless in all of this?

If Hasler has done sometrhing illegal that is now going to bring hurt to Manly....F@rk him...we chase him as hard as we can and expose him and greenturd as the little grubs they are......If its all above board, move on.

If he has shat on the club, remaining players and supporters then he should have his life membership revoked and never be letting in the club agaian.Maybe we slap him with an AVO, that will keep him over the otherside of the bridge...lol

Frogz said:
If Hasler has done sometrhing illegal that is now going to bring hurt to Manly....F@rk him...we chase him as hard as we can and expose him and greenturd as the little grubs they are......If its all above board, move on.

If he has shat on the club, remaining players and supporters then he should have his life membership revoked and never be letting in the club agaian.Maybe we slap him with an AVO, that will keep him over the otherside of the bridge...lol

But to what end. It just seems a waste of time and money and is nothing but horrible PR.

If he and Greenturd are shown as crooks and they have broken the LAW then its up to the Independant Commission to judge them, as they would any player who has broken the law

If we have sufficient evidence to sue Hasler/Greenberg/Bulldogs for damages I think we should. The Bulldogs have deep pockets and I think it is pretty clear that their CEO induced a breach of contract. The question is whether the evidence we have is strong enough to prove it in Court.

The complication with Foran is that if we let him go are we prejudicing our claim against Hasler/Greenberg/Bulldogs by not mitigating our loss?

If this wasn't a possible issue I would say let Foran go. We don't want to force players to stay if they don't want to be here. But there may be more to this than we realise at the moment.

it's contract law, it's not really a criminal offense, it's civil mainly in this regard. It will result in either a fine or an injunction, and it is unlikely the cost (although they can be awarded back to you)

Even if he was induced to leave and brought other people away, it's very unlikely much will be done. There was a recent case, I think last year, where director A of company A, left and started company B. He took several managers and directors with him.

Company A tried to sue Company B and Director A.

The court found that essentially the contract in regards to this section was unenforceable and unjust. As such there is now precedent and we likely won't win.

I will see if I can find the news articles on the specific case I mention above

Or maybe manly might announce Foran is staying friday arvo...that would piss Dessie off

Couple of guys here at work are saying that Foran signed with Canterbury last week, but is waiting for after the match to announce his plans.

Daniel said:
it's contract law, it's not really a criminal offense, it's civil mainly in this regard. It will result in either a fine or an injunction, and it is unlikely the cost (although they can be awarded back to you)

Even if he was induced to leave and brought other people away, it's very unlikely much will be done. There was a recent case, I think last year, where director A of company A, left and started company B. He took several managers and directors with him.

Company A tried to sue Company B and Director A.

The court found that essentially the contract in regards to this section was unenforceable and unjust. As such there is now precedent and we likely won't win.

I will see if I can find the news articles on the specific case I mention above

The case you are talking about sounds like it dealt with a restraint or non-compete clause. Essentially, a Court will not enforce those provisions if they are not reasonable. The question of whether they are reasonable depends on the circumstances (eg. how much money was the person being paid, could the other directors be easily replaced, what was the overall effect on the company of the director and other people leaving).

If the former director poaching the other directors and employees completely tore apart the first company's business then it is likely that the Court would have found differently and enforced the restraint.

From what I have read our potential claim against Des/Bulldogs is that Des breached his contract with us by not acting in good faith and that the breach was induced by Greenberg/Bulldogs. I don't know if there is also a restraint in Des' contract but I doubt it, so our possible case is quite different to the one you mentioned.

One thing that would be a challenge if we do proceed is quantifying damages. This is possibly why the club is waiting to see how the KF situation plays out.

Let's say:
* KF is on $300K for 2013
* He can exercise his get out clause because Des was sacked (which happened because of the induced breach)
* Manly have to renegotiate his contract and agree to pay him $500K for 2013.

Then Manly have suffered loss of $200K, which they should be able to recover from Des/Greenberg/Bulldogs (IF they can prove the breach/inducement of the breach).

There are likely to be other damages the club has suffered that could form part of the claim. However those may be much more difficult to quantify. The total claim could be very substantial indeed and if it has reasonable prospects of success I think the club would be crazy not to pursue it to be honest.

Any legal action will be long and procrastinated. Ask yourselves these three simple questions

1. What do we hope to achieve by legal action
2. Can the club really afford it
3. What damage will it do in terms of short and long term sponsorship $$$$

At the end of the day outcome and benefits need to be weighed up to decide what the right option to proceed is.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Business/Restraint-on-staff-poaching-excessive/2005/04/07/1112815670139.html

Situation is not that dissimilar to the claims being made.

As I say there are very limited possibilities that we would win, and if we did, the cost and reward would not be worth it.

A complete waste of time money and bad press

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10