The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foran obviously wants to stay at Manly now that Brett and Scott Fulton are running recruitment

He wants to play next to the likes of Leon Yeatman, Jorgen Rogers, Neville Elwin and Michael pechy

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ramatta-eels-deal-report-20150622-ghu7ez.html

Kieran Foran may walk away from Parramatta Eels deal as chairman Steve Sharp gives no guarantees
Date
June 22, 2015 - 1:22PM
  • 350 reading now
Brad Walter

Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp admits he is unable to guarantee star recruit Kieran Foran will join the club next season.

Sharp said he is hopeful Foran won't back out of the four-year, $4.8 million deal he agreed to earlier this season but confirmed that Eels general manager of football Daniel Anderson was re-negotiating some details of the contract after taking over administrative responsibilities handled by departed chief executive Scott Seward.

"The negotiations are being done with Daniel Anderson at the moment," Sharp said. "Daniel is finalising all the paperwork and all of that. Since Scott left, Daniel has taken over all of the negotiations."

Seward's resignation last week has sparked speculation that Foran was getting cold feet and a number of rival clubs are believed to be monitoring the situation.

As Fairfax Media reported in May, Foran has a clause in his contract that would allow him to quit the deal if there was "political instability" at the Eels.

It is believed Parramatta directors were unhappy that Seward allowed the get out clause to be inserted in the contract enabling Foran to quit the club at any time.

The clause effectively guarantees the future of coach Brad Arthur, even if Parramatta finish with their third wooden spoon in four years, as Foran has cited him as the reason he left Manly for the Eels.

Parramatta are also working to ensure they do not fall foul of the salary cap again after being fined $525,000 for breaches last year and threatened with being docked four competition points for next season if they do not make governance changes recommended by an independent review ordered by the NRL.

Sharp admitted the Eels would not want to lose Foran but said the club's priority was getting its house in order.

"Who is more important, the club or an individual?" Sharp said. "The game and the club are bigger than one individual.

"I would love to have Kieran Foran at the club but Daniel knows what we have got to do to secure our future with good governance and all of that sort of stuff so he is working through all of that at the moment.

"I don't see any reason why Kieran Foran wouldn't come. We are offering him very good money and a four-year deal. If he is truly coming because he wants to play football for the Eels ... then I would expect him to be here."
==================================
How can his contract be re=negotiated after round 13 :confused:
It is funny nevertheless, as Foran assumed that his mentor the Dalai had it all sorted at Parra :D

Jesus !! Hope Foran reads some of these quotes from his future employer. Good luck Foz, you'll need it champion.

Doesn't foz have a contract? Surely a new ceo/coo/cee/temp gm or whatever can't turn around and say we're not paying! Not without having to part with some serious $$$$$ anyway.

Seems weird for a club that wants a premiership or 2 in the next few years.

Doesn't foz have a contract? Surely a new ceo/coo/cee/temp gm or whatever can't turn around and say we're not paying! Not without having to part with some serious $$$$$ anyway.

Sounds like Parramatta are considering getting into the wholesale wood industry. No imports necessary, will have an abundant supply of stock on hand.

They'd be the most logical choice methinks. They would certainly have a bunch of cap space available, and need a decent half.

But cap space is a moot point with certain clubs, and I'll bet it's a with a slight look of disbelief that we realize that the Rorters have signed Foz, SBW, Hayne, Smith and Thurston next year after letting RTS, Maloney go and generously allowing Pearce to move to Townsville to be "closer to his family".

Does anyone know if the cap increases for refs as well? Will the rorters have to pay more for shame hayne, etc? I can't imagine the rorters letting them get back onto the free market.

Maybe the ref cap will mean the rorters will only be able to afford...say 3 of the 6 refs or something like that soon.

On FSN, they were just saying that IF Foran uses his get out clause, the Squeels will still be required to pay him a "large sum of money, full details tomorrow but it's a ridiculous amount".... The bloke went on to bag out Seward for ever rubber stamping such a deal..

Perhaps he won't soak up so much cap space after all?

On FSN, they were just saying that IF Foran uses his get out clause, the Squeels will still be required to pay him a "large sum of money, full details tomorrow but it's a ridiculous amount".... The bloke went on to bag out Seward for ever rubber stamping such a deal..

Perhaps he won't soak up so much cap space after all?

OMFG, this is getting more delicious by the minute...would that count towards their cap?

Does anyone know if the cap increases for refs as well? Will the rorters have to pay more for shame hayne, etc? I can't imagine the rorters letting them get back onto the free market.

Maybe the ref cap will mean the rorters will only be able to afford...say 3 of the 6 refs or something like that soon.

You sir, are on fire today.

The NRL mentioned the referee cap space issue early this year, with a brief statement from Dave Smith:

"The referee's cap payment issue comes under the "third tier payment" scheme, with allowances for the buying and delivery of brown paper bags to be taken into account, as well as items such as the quality and size of the bags and the numerical issue of notes contained therein: ie, no note shall be of any lower denominations than $50 and should also be non-sequential in nature. The actual amount, however, will not come under scrutiny as it's akin to paying for a coach, given that even an average coach can look good when his team is policed by well funded officials"

That should answer your questions @globaleagle ;)

Irony, sweet irony - Anderson trying to screw Foran like Joker tried to screw Chez:D

Sounds like the NRL refused to register all new Parra contract till they sort out their Cap.
Hoppa's new deal not registered either.

Foran could go from being the highest paid player to an unemployed player, thanks to the Dalai :p

Irony, sweet irony - Anderson trying to screw Foran like Joker tried to screw Chez:D

Sounds like the NRL refused to register all new Parra contract till they sort out their Cap.
Hoppa's new deal not registered either.

Foran could go from being the highest paid player to an unemployed player, thanks to the Dalai :p
Nah HM he'll end up at the Rorters, the Tits or he may even end up styling with us.. Though I doubt the third option..

Poor ol' Parramatta mate. Honestly, as bad as we are going this year, my one solace is there is one other team worse than us in the wins / losses - and that's you
ummm, no, they're not. they have one win more than us at the moment

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8