the manly love fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hows this post from a Dragons fan on LU

And that my fellow forum dwellers, is whats known in colloquial terms, as a footballing lesson.

Souths are talented, but they are still teenagers in terms of their development. They were playing against the best men in the business tonight.

Said it last week, Manly will win the comp.

How does this team keep flying under the radar? They know their s**t, dont panic when they lose and have a healthy serving of champions. Not just good players - champion players. THey have two of the last 5 comps, that should have been three and I'm happy to lay my hard earned on them making it back to back this year.

As a Saints fan, I believe we were a more dominant team at our best from 2009-to mid 2011, but Manly, respect, they are the best finals team I've seen and know how to get it done. They never seem to be out of form.

Well played Eagles. Souths can take a look at that tonight and see exactly where they are at in terms of even thinking about winning a cop just yet. A rookie half and a dud 6 aren't going to get it done.

How farking good is Killer? He's the best centre I;ve seen play the game. Better than Meninga, Renouf, Gasnier - you name em, Jamie Lyon is a better footballer than all of em.

It's good to hear this from a Saints fan. I was saying this to the Souths fans last night. They need to start respecting teams that have been there and done it before. If they don't and go into the games thinking they already have it won, they'll lose.

SeaEagle007 said:
After the way we played last night, I can understand the manly love fest feeling in here , its amazing the feeling we get when our team plays like world beaters. I love my team as much as all of you. I do however belive we shouldn't get carried away after that win. We won and won well, don't get me wrong but we still have a long way to go. Souths were a lil under par, I think because they started believing their own hype, however I think their coach will bring them back down to earth and they will be back.
As Manly fans we need to take it one game at a time, however last night showed the NRL world that we are the team to beat. Austral Bricks share prices must of hit record highs because everyone is $hting them out.

I'm manly till I die, let's enjoy the ride, however I believe we still have a bit of work to do. We are nearly at the level of last year, but we will still need to be better than last to go back to back.. if toovey manages to do this he will be a genius. Let's see how we go. But I have a feeling we will be playing the dogs or sharkies in the GF, and it will be one of the all time great GF. We still need to improve to win.

Let's go 2V , let's go Manly.. Back 2 Back I BELIEVE....

I agree, there is a lot of work to be done. However, that game was our Melbourne from last year. The last 3 weeks have been amazing. We traveled to Perth, were losing by 18 - 6 at half time and won the game in the dying seconds. This proved that we can win close games when we need to. Then, we traveled all the way to Townsville, a place we don't usually win in. It was low scoring but we showed that defensively we could compete with anyone. Finally last night we continued that defense and added some attack. The attack needs improving but our defense is coming along nicely.

3 games away, 2 of which I was resigned to us losing after the Newcastle game. We came away with 3 wins. That is an amazing effort. Now we need to compose ourselves and win our last 2 games at Brookvale and then take the Titans to school. We are building very nicely and, just like after the Melbourne game last year, I am starting to believe that we can actually win the rest of our games in the regular rounds. That would be an amazing effort.

The love fest on here is great, and I love it, BUT it is just as extreme as the hate fest that goes on here after a loss.... and I hate that too.

Clint said:
The love fest on here is great, and I love it, BUT it is just as extreme as the hate fest that goes on here after a loss.... and I hate that too.

There's a simple solution Clint- do what I do and avoid reading newspapers, sports bulletins and Silvertails for a few days (usually until Tuesday) after a loss. As for the Lovefest after a win, I see nothing wrong with it, especially after such a "premier" performance.

I haven't been this confident of going BtoB since our opening win against the Worriers. When the team has to win it knuckles down, particularly when it is the underdog.
The cream is now rising to the top, with the finals in sight. Melbourne are a big threat; the Berries are untested at finals football; the Cowboys have a great lineup but a terrible record in Sydney; Brisbane can't play unless it's a Friday night; Souffs and Cronulla are one season away from being serious contenders; the Tigers are capable of getting on a roll, but they have to hit their straps now.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a letdown against the Knights next week - hopefully not a meltdown like the first round - but I expect us to be at our best against the Boncos.
Come the finals I think we will be favourites, regardless of how many more the Berries win on the trot.

Look, I work on the North Shore so when we lose I have to put up with a week of rubbish from bitter Bears fans who like to bag Manly and pretend they support anyone who plays us. So when we win I plan to enjoy it.

Fair deal I think.

Rusty said:
Look, I work on the North Shore so when we lose I have to put up with a week of rubbish from bitter Bears fans who like to bag Manly and pretend they support anyone who plays us. So when we win I plan to enjoy it.

Fair deal I think.

They can be a nasty lot. Losers with a capital L!

The Who said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a letdown against the Knights next week - hopefully not a meltdown like the first round - but I expect us to be at our best against the Boncos.

I hear what you are saying Who. History would suggest that we are likely to drop a game between here and September. Especially after a couple of "big" games.
But, I reckon Tooves wont allow this to happen. The repercussions of dropping just one game will cost us top 4 imo, and I am sure the boys are aware of this and will be switched on from now through til September 30.

Clint said:
The Who said:

I hear what you are saying Who. History would suggest that we are likely to drop a game between here and September. Especially after a couple of "big" games.
But, I reckon Tooves wont allow this to happen. The repercussions of dropping just one game will cost us top 4 imo, and I am sure the boys are aware of this and will be switched on from now through til September 30.

Stop being so pessimistic, the team has turned a corner. All aboard.

Souths have crap centers and will be carved out wide in the semis. Not even GI will be able to save them. They fix that problem then they'll be a threat. We are awesome and it's going to take a special effort to stop us.

Dan79 said:
Clint said:
The Who said:

Sorry Dan my bad..:s choo woo

Clint said:
Dan79 said:
Clint said:
The Who said:

Sorry Dan my bad..:s choo woo
I live in Newcastle, I couldn't bare a second loss. I do feel they can take this form through to October

Clint said:
The Who said:

We won't lose another game this season.

Ralphie said:
We won't lose another game this season.

I don't want to put the mocker on the boys but I'm getting the same feeling. If they turn up like on Friday night then the squad is there to make this happen. I only see the Dogs and maybe Storm being in the GF.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2