The music clip thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyway @Ranga - as promised...

Yesterday I was down in Naples and after swanning around Herculaneum for a few hours I trotted along to the Naples National Archeological Museum wearing my "I'm on Smoko, so leave me alone" T-shirt (as one does).

At one stage there's a school group there- (my guess 16-17 year olds) and one guys sees the shirt, his eyes light up and does that subtle nudge his mates to get a look at the shirt. Now we all thought we were subtle back then (but we weren't) so the real skill is left to the adult (me) in kinda letting them see the shirt without making it obvious.
So a group of Italian kids know the band, and I waxed lyrical to mrs ge about how uber kewl I am.
In her way mrs ge reminded me that it was her who bought me the shirt and cool people don't use phrases like 'uber kewl' - to which I replied "That's hella lame."

10 mins later I was waiting for mrs ge to finish 'powdering her nose' when a big tall German guy in his 30's walked up, smiles a-plenty and he said:

"Oh my God, I have had that song stuck in my head for three whole days, I can't believe I've seen a shirt with those lyrics on it. It is awesome... how do you know about the song?"

I ignored the inference that as a er, slightly greying (I can hear mrs ge laughing as I type slightly greying).... where was I .... yes, a slightly greying man not to be mistaken as someone in his 20's anymore (more laughing from that hella lame mrs ge) - so I ignored the inference that I was too old to know who the chats are and said:

me: Well, I'm originally from Australia and..
him: Yes, yes, thay are from Australia too...
me: quite right and the lyrics are...
him: Yes.. 'smoko' is an Australian word -Is very good!
me: Er... well sometimes one falls down the youtube rabbit hole, and there the song was.
him: Excellent, excellent. They are very good. That song, stuck in my head for three days (laughing). I can't believe it. I think less than 1% of people here would know, you you are here, wearing the shirt!!!!

Then both our better halves arrived and he said goodbye, and walked off excitedly telling his partner all about the amazingly 'uber kewl' shirt I was wearing!

@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:

Anyway @Ranga - as promised...

Yesterday I was down in Naples and after swanning around Herculaneum for a few hours I trotted along to the Naples National Archeological Museum wearing my "I'm on Smoko, so leave me alone" T-shirt (as one does).

At one stage there's a school group there- (my guess 16-17 year olds) and one guys sees the shirt, his eyes light up and does that subtle nudge his mates to get a look at the shirt. Now we all thought we were subtle back then (but we weren't) so the real skill is left to the adult (me) in kinda letting them see the shirt without making it obvious.
So a group of Italian kids know the band, and I waxed lyrical to mrs ge about how uber kewl I am.
In her way mrs ge reminded me that it was her who bought me the shirt and cool people don't use phrases like 'uber kewl' - to which I replied "That's hella lame."

10 mins later I was waiting for mrs ge to finish 'powdering her nose' when a big tall German guy in his 30's walked up, smiles a-plenty and he said:

"Oh my God, I have had that song stuck in my head for three whole days, I can't believe I've seen a shirt with those lyrics on it. It is awesome... how do you know about the song?"

I ignored the inference that as a er, slightly greying (I can hear mrs ge laughing as I type slightly greying).... where was I .... yes, a slightly greying man not to be mistaken as someone in his 20's anymore (more laughing from that hella lame mrs ge) - so I ignored the inference that I was too old to know who the chats are and said:

me: Well, I'm originally from Australia and..
him: Yes, yes, thay are from Australia too...
me: quite right and the lyrics are...
him: Yes.. 'smoko' is an Australian word -Is very good!
me: Er... well sometimes one falls down the youtube rabbit hole, and there the song was.
him: Excellent, excellent. They are very good. That song, stuck in my head for three days (laughing). I can't believe it. I think less than 1% of people here would know, you you are here, wearing the shirt!!!!

Then both our better halves arrived and he said goodbye, and walked off excitedly telling his partner all about the amazingly 'uber kewl' shirt I was wearing!

@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:@:cool:

That’s a cracking yarn! Meanwhile, you think the kids were looking at you because of your tshirt (which is “uber kewl”) but really your fly was undone…

The Chats are bringing the world together!

That’s a cracking yarn! Meanwhile, you think the kids were looking at you because of your tshirt (which is “uber kewl”) but really your fly was undone…

The Chats are bringing the world together!

Yeah well....

kb02WzM.jpg

bloody romans! lol

blink 182 have announced a world wide tour with the original line up after tom stopped chasing aliens and decided to be in the band again.

New song 'Edging' (lol) out this friday!!!!!!

(possibly not news for moondog...)

Who wears short shorts?

DENDY

Grateful Dead Meet-Up At The Movies 2022​

M DOCUMENTARY
grateful-dead-meet-up-at-the-movies-2022.jpg

Southport sessions CHANGE CINEMACHANGE LOCATION

Select Day​

Select Session​

Also showing at Canberra, Coorparoo, Newtown, Portside

Synopsis​

The Grateful Dead return to cinemas worldwide for the 2022 Meet-Up At The Movies. This year we’re celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the legendary Europe ‘72 Album, by bringing the previously unreleased Tivoli Concert Hall, 4/17/72 performance to the big screen. The sixth show on the Grateful Dead's famous Europe '72 tour was a return engagement to the Tivoli Concert Hall in Copenhagen, Denmark, on April 17, 1972. This ground-breaking concert broadcast event was the Dead's first major live concert broadcast, and a first in Danish television history. Now, fully restored and color corrected in High Definition with audio mixed from the 16-track analog master tapes by Jeffrey Norman and mastered by David Glasser, Tivoli 4/17/72 features nearly an hour and a half of the Grateful Dead at a peak of their performing career. The show's many highlights include an overview of the Dead's 1972 touring repertoire, including magnificent versions of “China Cat Sunflower>I Know You Rider”, “Big Railroad Blues”, “Truckin'”, and many more of the Dead's classics, as well as the first live performance of “He's Gone”, and other new songs including “Ramble on Rose”, “Jack Straw”, and “One More Saturday Night”. Pigpen, on what would prove to be his last tour with the Grateful Dead, is well-represented by three songs, including the broadcast's opening number, “Hurts Me Too”.

You got me steamin' at a hundred degrees
Each time I see you I grow weak in the knees
You sink me under, bring me undone
With words you said, words you said
But best of all, all those you gimme head
You gimme head

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12