The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is where the coaching staff are accountable
All Bellamy and Bennett coaching types instil discipline in their squad of players
Mate to be honest, the coaching staff are doing absolutely everything they can to ensure Josh is on the field as much as possible. He's a huge investment for the club, so they would put as much resource as possible into him.

The rest comes down to Josh. Discipline is not something that someone else can provide you with, it's about you as an individual.

The comments from DCE reaffirm this, the players and club can support Josh but he is the only one that can dig himself out of this hole and I'm sure he will.

Hypothetically if Josh was playing under Bellamy, he may have had/be on his last chance.

Mate to be honest, the coaching staff are doing absolutely everything they can to ensure Josh is on the field as much as possible. He's a huge investment for the club, so they would put as much resource as possible into him.

The rest comes down to Josh. Discipline is not something that someone else can provide you with, it's about you as an individual.

The comments from DCE reaffirm this, the players and club can support Josh but he is the only one that can dig himself out of this hole and I'm sure he will.

Hypothetically if Josh was playing under Bellamy, he may have had/be on his last chance.
I am sure the coaching staff are doing the best by their ability

BUT ...

Its not what we do but how affective is that we do it

If it just came down to the individual then we don't need coaching staff to get the best out of our players like Bennet does for example

We have seen what effect Bellamy has had on his successful teams over the years

To the coaching staff
You either make your selves accountable
or you will be made accountable by your circumstances
As you will be judged on the teams results

There's something a bit confusing about this story. We all saw the sheer physical effort Schuster put into the off-season, no-one could have done much more. Now his early season has shown some bad luck with what appear to be actual injuries. But suddenly the talk from the old Delirium Tremens (hi Mr Booze Rothfield) is about lack of application and wasting talent? I am a bit confused by this. Maybe it is only me who has misunderstood. But I feel I wouldn't be surprised if D C E came out tomorrow and stated "That is not what I was saying."

Your issue with the tissue brothers that you have feathered friend is

That they will bounce back stronger then ever !
I hope so , but how many years do we wait for that to happen.

It’s a lot of money either in the sideline or just idling !!

I am sure the coaching staff are doing the best by their ability

BUT ...

Its not what we do but how affective is that we do it

If it just came down to the individual then we don't need coaching staff to get the best out of our players like Bennet does for example

We have seen what effect Bellamy has had on his successful teams over the years

To the coaching staff
You either make your selves accountable
or you will be made accountable by your circumstances
As you will be judged on the teams results
They did get him motivated though mate - Look at the off season he had, he dropped plenty of weight and was in great condition.

You cannot continually cuddle an individual each time they come back from injury to ensure they do exactly what the medical team want him to do in terms of his recovery.

If you want to be a long term NRL player, when you're given a plan for recovery you make sure you follow that to the letter.

You look at someone like Tom Trbojevic, injury follows him unfortunately, but you cannot fault the guy when it comes to doing everything in his power to get back on the field.

He should also be motivated by the fact that every game he is missing, has a massive impact on his mates and players around him.

They did get him motivated though mate - Look at the off season he had, he dropped plenty of weight and was in great condition.

You cannot continually cuddle an individual each time they come back from injury to ensure they do exactly what the medical team want him to do in terms of his recovery.

If you want to be a long term NRL player, when you're given a plan for recovery you make sure you follow that to the letter.

You look at someone like Tom Trbojevic, injury follows him unfortunately, but you cannot fault the guy when it comes to doing everything in his power to get back on the field.

He should also be motivated by the fact that every game he is missing, has a massive impact on his mates and players around him.
If they got him motivated affectively there would not be an issue now feathered friend

Every coach can get the best out of self motivated players
The challenge is when players are not self motivated

The fact and the moral of the story is
Some coaches can get the best out of players and some can not

Read must have conducted a separate interview with DCE. I wonder if his article was possibly pieced together from past interviews, maybe when Schuster was having injury woes in 2022? On checking back, I noticed that Schuster had a quad injury early last year. He has also had two Syndesmosis injuries & two calf injuries in the last three years. Below is a transcript of yesterday's video interview (00-1:36).

'Yeh, look, not ideal for him. We obviously had Schuey do all the pre season as our five eighth. We done (sic) a lot of work with him as a spine, as a team. We know how good he is. When he's out there, he's obviously a fantastic player. Not having any continuity has been hard for the team, let alone him who's had to go through it. It's never a fun time when you're in & out of first grade for injuries. He's got time to work on his body & get himself right. He's a really important part of the team, so I hope he goes away and works really hard and stays in the team for us. He is good at what he does, he is really good. Injuries are an ugly part of our game and over the years, we've seen a lot of team mates who've come in and out of first grade, but I don't have the answers to it, but I just know if you keep working hard, like anything in life if you keep working hard, you eventually come good. It's not going to be easy for him to get back into first grade as he's been so inconsistent in coming in an out, so there's work to be done there for him, but I hope he knows he has a lot of support around here - I've definitely got his back.
Yeah I agree, I watched the Dce interview and heard nothing but positive encouragement. The Tele article has an agenda.

Yeah I agree, I watched the Dce interview and heard nothing but positive encouragement. The Tele article has an agenda.
All this forum talk is purely speculative . I am sure Seibold has this under control as it is a work in process .

I am sure Seibold is an accountable coach . All the Great coaches do not shy away from accountability.

Quote...
Accountability is the Glue that ties commitment to the Result
Bob Proctor

There's something a bit confusing about this story. We all saw the sheer physical effort Schuster put into the off-season, no-one could have done much more. Now his early season has shown some bad luck with what appear to be actual injuries. But suddenly the talk from the old Delirium Tremens (hi Mr Booze Rothfield) is about lack of application and wasting talent? I am a bit confused by this. Maybe it is only me who has misunderstood. But I feel I wouldn't be surprised if D C E came out tomorrow and stated "That is not what I was saying."
I remember a earlier interview with Shu and he stated he had a conversation with Chez ,he told him he could have a very short career if he didn't apply himself, I think they are just bringing statements up from the past

Hard to know what to believe in the media. What does worry me is that this is the 2nd year in a row that Schuster has struggled to stay on the field. DCE's comments seem to indicate that potential alone isn't going to cut it and Schuster needs to continue to work hard off the field.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but give me Foran any day at 5/8. IF salary numbers are correct he would have stayed for 50% of Schuster's salary and you know he would have busted a gut week in, week out. IF $800k is correct then we should have let Schuster walk and given who his manager is this is still a likely scenario. This feels like a lose/lose scenario.

Who the hell approved this 800k contract that’s going to increase next year?
For someone that’s never played Origin nor even cemented a spot in our 17 is absolutely ridiculous.
We have always known his issues with staying fit and healthy.
His manager put huge pressure on the club to move on Foz for Shu now it’s screwed any hope of a premiership in the next 2 years (unless he hits white hot form)
Extremely frustrating for the club, players and supporters that this is the situation we find ourselves in

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8