The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am certainly not blind to Schu's weaknesses - but Rome was not build in a day.

Overall Schu needs to be fitter and more consistent. The training staff need to be kicking his butt during the week and working him more aerobically. I have no idea why there is a gap.
Unfortunately Schu has been relying on his natural talent for his entire career.

He seems to have no issues playing the first 25 mins before he is gassed. Short term,perhaps take him off after 25-30 mins and bring him back on with 30 to go.

Croker will have no issues in playing 5/8th for 20 mins. Schu should be able to play at 100% for 60mins and be dominant ball in hand, including running where needed. It also might embarrass Schu to be better the complete game, rather than some of it.

One would hope he will be completely fit in another few weeks where he goes back to 80 mins.

For whatever reason, he does not seem to be completely over his injured calf. As we have seen with Jake and Latrell, calf's can have you out for a long time and easy to re-injure.

If our forwards continue to get smashed 3 out of every 4 weeks, Schu won't do much as he won't be able to, much like DCE cannot be dominant.

Your 5/8 plays 80 minutes, or they play NSW Cup.

I don't think wasting an interchange, well 2 interchanges, to give your 5/8 a breather is the way forward.

Schuster is amazing, and should be able to play both sides of the ruck. At 5/8, he sticks to our left and DCE right (mostly).

Putting him in the 13, allows him to rove more in attack.

Just my opinion
Schuster at 13 has merits but also playing 13 requires a good work rate in defence and attack. At the moment I don't see Schuster doing any of that, plus he doesn't look all that interested.

100% footy reckon Schuster is going nowhere as no one will pay $800k for him and we know Tartak reckons he is worth $1.2m

He has played himself into this position in 2023.

Surely 13 or 12 is his best position going forward in our team.

100% footy reckon Schuster is going nowhere as no one will pay $800k for him and we know Tartak reckons he is worth $1.2m

He has played himself into this position in 2023.

Surely 13 or 12 is his best position going forward in our team.
Yeah at 13 he could be an amazing link player something like isaah yeo.

Maybe Dce or brooksy could go into sunny half at times as well.

Having three potent attacking players out there could be a master stroke.

Well, it's not all bad news for the Shu moving to the 2nd row .. he is still being offered a motza ... but with the added bonus of going back to his KFC special bucket diet.

Well, it's not all bad news for the Shu moving to the 2nd row .. he is still being offered a motza ... but with the added bonus of going back to his KFC special bucket diet.
Perhaps if you'd ever had a family member with an eating disorder you might not be quite so crass.

I really wanted Schu to be the 5/8 solution for the next 5 years. BUT he has not shown enough and his defence is average at best. He has potential and exquisite ball skills but I agree with other posters his best footy was in teh 2nd row. Schuey eat some humble pie and play many more years with the Eagles in the 2nd row/lock spot. If Siebold was quoted correctly then I think Schu is as good as gone.

p.s. AND we could have had Foran here for another 2 years. This almost hurts more.

I really wanted Schu to be the 5/8 solution for the next 5 years. BUT he has not shown enough and his defence is average at best. He has potential and exquisite ball skills but I agree with other posters his best footy was in teh 2nd row. Schuey eat some humble pie and play many more years with the Eagles in the 2nd row/lock spot. If Siebold was quoted correctly then I think Schu is as good as gone.

p.s. AND we could have had Foran here for another 2 years. This almost hurts more.
Just not too much humble pie.

He best spot is 13. But he would need to lift his work rate here would work in attack with dce and brooks.
But this is the humble pie he and Tartak must swallow

I hope he stays and stops the talking about being the best in the game. Do your talking on the footy field. Modesty is a wonderful and endearing quality. Josh needs to earn his rewards, so time to stop talking and roll up his sleeves and work hard.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10