The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
On the reduced contract, it has been suggested here that DCE is planning to retire in two years. If DCE retired then it might free up some funds to upgrade Josh's contract at that time based on his performance/positional value to the club (as with any player). Still would be a win-win for all parties.

I tend to think it was Tartak who planted that in the media about Latu (I won’t say “leaked” yet, because that would suggest there is some truth in it).

I think Tartak may have heard through the player manager grapevine that Manly were signing Brooks & realising his hold over the club re: the 5/8th position was weakening, planted the Latu story as a last ditch effort to regain some control.

I remember when the Latu rumour first broke, it was said to be a straight swap for Talau but as yet, the club has only confirmed they’ve signed Talau & made no mention of Latu.

It may well turn out to be true but I’ll wait until there’s an official announcement from the club before believing it.
Yeah maybe. The only reason I suspected it was the club is that is makes the club look better, namely, by taking control of their roster and not being bullied by players or a certain manager.

Totally just speculation on my part of course. But I can't imagine the Brooks deal for example was done in 48 hours. Possibly after Latu's so-called breakthrough performance for Blacktown there was the usual Tartak-inspired push to immediately upgrade the kid. The club though replied, 'You're already on the biggest deal a teen has ever had, we want you to stay but we're not upping your deal so you're free to check the market, off you go, see if you can do better. Good luck!'

Of course the prospect of losing Latu was a brave call and met with outrage by some fans but as the dust settles I think it's the club that has come out of this looking better, not Tartak, or Latu for that matter.

Let me start by saying I don’t care what he’s paid and I’m happy he has re-signed. Love Schu and his passion for the club.

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but the quotes in that article would’ve been carefully constructed by the media team to soften the bad press around how much he is getting paid.

He could still be getting 800k, who knows. Who cares. Play on.

Let me start by saying I don’t care what he’s paid and I’m happy he has re-signed. Love Schu and his passion for the club.

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but the quotes in that article would’ve been carefully constructed by the media team to soften the bad press around how much he is getting paid.

Exactly.. less could be 10k less for eg. Guess we will never really know. It's time for the shoe to fit and get running now. Someone else said we should throw him into the backrow/lock now. Not a bad idea. See how he goes at 5/8 this weekend I suppose

Just like the leading questions that produced the quotes that have created so much furore on ST in the last month. How good can you be? Would you like to be Manly captain? What do expect him to say? Yeah nah I'm not actually that good.

Finally we seem to be in total control again of our salary cap. Dont know what has caused this, but its about time we bought players and not just swapped players.

Can’t help but be impressed with him

It’s now at least the 2nd contract, maybe 3rd, where he has signed with Manly while other clubs were coming in for more

And every interview you ever hear from him, it is all about Manly and how he loves the place, all that is a big tick in my book, and he is still barely into his NRL career, could still be 10+ years of high level footy for Manly left in him. I’ll enjoy the roller coaster

Awesome
“Josh has shown his commitment to playing his best football in a Sea Eagles jersey by signing long term for our club on less financial terms than he could of got elsewhere and for less than his current contract,’’
Fantastic that it’s done / done.

The one worry though in that article is who offered him more coin elsewhere?

Under the NRL rules no other club could have made offers until post November 2023.

On the reduced contract, it has been suggested here that DCE is planning to retire in two years. If DCE retired then it might free up some funds to upgrade Josh's contract at that time based on his performance/positional value to the club (as with any player). Still would be a win-win for all parties.
That money is better spent on some decent forwards.

Awesome

Under the NRL rules no other club could have made offers until post November 2023.
Why would Seibold even mention that aspect of the negotiation? To trumpet his own horn about being a better negotiator?

I thought
No other club can have him sign a contract. Hypothetical offers are free game.
Thanks for clarifying Will,

I thought it was negotiate though,

The November deadline has no real meaning of keeping potential suitors out if it’s signing a contract.

Lots of ambiguity in that definition, and contradictory to what they were trying to implore.

No wonder Ben Hunt was trying to agitate a release.

I thought

Thanks for clarifying Will,

I thought it was negotiate though,

The November deadline has no real meaning of keeping potential suitors out if it’s signing a contract.

Lots of ambiguity in that definition, and contradictory to what they were trying to implore.

No wonder Ben Hunt was trying to agitate a release.
Negotiate is a slippery word, there definitely aren't any rules against having a chat and throwing some numbers around. There is a rule against enticing a player to break a contract but it's never been enforced as far as I know.

Awesome

Yep, this seems to have been thrown out the window, very hard to police tbh.

Shoe has demonstrated throughout a lot of love for this club. Sitting out world cup to get his body straight, now signing for unders and vacating his dream spot for Brooks next year. That's a lot of love. Here's some back at you..

tumblr_oqvzciBDt21qhntxeo1_640.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12