The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I take your point but that's been established on numerous occasions, yet doesn't seem to change. There seems to something in his makeup that stops him from attaining fitness. You look at a guy like AFB tonight, who is carrying more weight but went non-stop all night.
198 metres to 0 metres. Is this his way of forcing the club to pay him out?
I don’t think I’ve seen stats like his in a 26 minute stint ever.

198 metres to 0 metres. Is this his way of forcing the club to pay him out?
I don’t think I’ve seen stats like his in a 26 minute stint ever.
No other club wants him. Even Benji and the Tigers didn't want him

i’m done with this clown, it’s time to bite the bullet and cut him and pay him out.

This guy demanded he play 5/8

talked it up all off season how good and fit he was

again showed up overweight to start the year and blamed injury

he has offered nothing much all year apart from a few no looks

last night was a disgrace from him!

Serious question.

What are the options to get the Schuster contract off our books without killing our cap for the next 4 years?

Do we just play him at Blacktown until another club come sniffing? Even then we will still have to chip in a large amount of his contract.

Is there a performance clause in his current contract where he needs to hit certain KPI’s?

I’m really struggling to see a world where he becomes a top line back rower. He won’t get dirty and do an of the tough stuff. Is scarred to run the ball. Defensive reads are terrible, lacks in effort areas, slow and pedestrian with the ball in hand and too many brain dead poor decisions.
Funny enough all of these are the attributes of a good 2nd rower.

How can we effectively move him on?

Chill guys. I think he gets the point now. He was hooked as soon as he did the flick/tap on. He isn't mature enough to play without senior players around him and his future will be sorted one way or another by the events of the past few months.

I'm optimistic.

Don't believe everything you read about his salary. It gets clicks and sells papers for both fans of manly and haters of manly. Watch him come good with the lesson of that very public embarrassment last night. He wasn't even brought back on with fifteen to go and scores locked, for a coach not to do that and a season on the line means Schuster is being sent a message that he's gotta shape up or see how much fun his contract is when you never get on telly.

Whilst it's obvious the Schu was a massive let down after the consistent Foz, it's interesting that despite Josh in such horrible form, he still has a try assist average of 0.87 per game - 11th in the NRL, and a better strike rate than guys like Cleary, Munster, Luai, Reynolds, Chez, Moses etc. Highly impressive.

He's still very young.

Who knows, persistent club and fan support, and a whole lot of maturing and toughening up on his end, could still result in him becoming one of the greats in our game one day.

And one wonders why the club wants to cut ties with Tartak…
Tartak may be inclined to get in the ear of his clients and tell them it's great to pressure the club etc etc, but in the end it's someone at the club that signed off on a deal. If it's not a good deal for the club then that's not the agents fault.

As for Schu, I'm not writing him off. He's copping the harshest lessons now, lessons Des tried to impart previously. Pity he hasn't become an instant star as we all wished, but it might still happen. ('might')

Didn’t see the game but its hard to work out what’s going on with the Schu. I can’t believe he is running dead with the hope of a release, no one in their right mind would pick him up. I honestly think the 2021 season where he fired was on the back of Tom and without him other teams are now rushing him and he can’t cope. I hope we don’t have a dud. 🤞

Whilst it's obvious the Schu was a massive let down after the consistent Foz, it's interesting that despite Josh in such horrible form, he still has a try assist average of 0.87 per game - 11th in the NRL, and a better strike rate than guys like Cleary, Munster, Luai, Reynolds, Chez, Moses etc. Highly impressive.

He's still very young.

Who knows, persistent club and fan support, and a whole lot of maturing and toughening up on his end, could still result in him becoming one of the greats in our game one day.

That’s no surprise when your game is based around a highlight reel.

The issue is that he goes missing in games and makes poor decisions and fails to gain any control.

This kid is on a hiding to nothing now.

I feel sorry for him tbh.
I'm genuinely worried for his future in the game. Right now, he looks and plays as if he's broken. Physically and especially mentally, he is shot. He was completely invisible when he took the field last night, right up until he made a mistake in possession and was taken from the field. It's as if he doesn't know how to get involved in the game or what he's supposed to be doing, so he does nothing at all.

Yes, he's had a terrible season, but it's been punctuated by injury and constant speculation about his contract, his weight, his worth and his form. He's already a favourite punching bag for News Corp journos, who love nothing more than being able to cast young NRL players as entitled Millennials who'll never be as good as they think they are. You've seen the abuse he cops on this forum - a forum of Manly supporters - so imagine the abuse he cops elsewhere: lazy, fat, useless, etc, etc, etc.

And I am buggered if I know what the coaching staff are going to do with him next year. If he's not a five-eight, what is he? He's going to have to answer the same question for himself, too.

Pity he hasn't become an instant star as we all wished, but it might still happen. ('might')
I think that’s a bit disingenuous. He’s not coping it because he hasn’t become an instant star. He could go out and play like Jackson Ford (no frills, all effort) for all anyone cares. He’s been consistently poor in fundamental areas and therein lies the criticism. People’s expectations are not the reason he didn’t have a run last night.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8