The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bozo, the juniors that are going to have any significant affect have been promoted already (Koula, Tuipulotu, Olakau'atu). The club have said we can't acquire players because we are cap strapped.

Not sure if you've seen our lower grades?

1st grade: 10th and sliding
Reserve Grade: Last (2 wins in 14 games)
Jersey Flegg: 2nd last (5 wins in 14 games)
SG Ball: 8th (4 wins in 8 games) * best grade at just on .500
Harrold Matts: 9th (2 wins in 8 games)

Tell me about these pathways of excellence? Where's the improvement coming from?
Our teams may not be excelling but ....
Our pathway of excellence has some great individual talent

Our teams may not be excelling but ....
Our pathway of excellence has some great individual talent

Okay......WHO. Why the outlandish comments with nothing to back them up? Tell me about our juniors that recently played in the under 19's SOO or something? And I'd like you to suggest how it's a pathway of excellence.

It's been absolute years since our recruitment team have uncovered anyone of note. I mean, Olakau'atu was sourced and found by Manase Fainu FFS

Okay......WHO. Why the outlandish comments with nothing to back them up? Tell me about our juniors that recently played in the under 19's SOO or something? And I'd like you to suggest how it's a pathway of excellence.

It's been absolute years since our recruitment team have uncovered anyone of note. I mean, Olakau'atu was sourced and found by Manase Fainu FFS

Smoking Joe has Glorious juniors thread on this forum feathered friend

I am sure Joe can enlighten you

This team in 2023 I think can go ok-
Turbo, Saab, K, T, Garrick, Schuster, DCE,
Croker ,Big O, Kelma, Jurbo, Fainu, Aloiai
Res: Sipley, Keppie, Burbo, Parker or Weekes
A lot of pace in that backline !
I think Croker at lock , could be a real surprise. Great tackler & good kicking game.
The only thing that worries me is the lack of starch in the team - it would be great to get a mongrel forward (maybe from England like Kevin Ward ) and Burton. With so many of the current players leaving , surely we could get at least one of these !!

I think Croker at lock , could be a real surprise. Great tackler & good kicking game.
The only thing that worries me is the lack of starch in the team - it would be great to get a mongrel forward (maybe from England like Kevin Ward ) and Burton. With so many of the current players leaving , surely we could get at least one of these !!
Great back line
Plenty of speed and skill there
But we need to get some more Killers in the forward pack

So pretty much the same side as this year - with Croker at lock, and Tuilagi in there for Taupau (who makes twice as many metres). The same team who can't beat a top 8 side for the whole season to date, and a team that hasn't beaten a top 4 team in 2.5 years?

We have Jake and Croker but possibly need another all-action tackling machine to balance the pack. A Cam McInes or Reuben Cotter type.

Back in the day we had some great attacking forwards such as Lowe but his workload was picked up by the likes of Randall and Martin, or Fatty covering for Crusher in defence. If we end up with Schu as well as say Haumole and Tuilagi that looks a bit lopsided in favour of attack.

The same team who can't beat a top 8 side for the whole season to date, and a team that hasn't beaten a top 4 team in 2.5 years?
This Mediocre 2.5 year spell of not being able to compete at a high level against the top teams is not Manly .

Very disappointing indeed !!!

Things need to change or else the inevitable changes are needed to be made

Take it away Winston

See the source image

We do have a few good ones coming through mate. The SG ball and HM sides that had success last year have recently moved up to NSW cup or higher competitions. Some like Koula into first grade. Fainu brothers will be massive for us. Samuela is a beast of a forward. Villiame Fifita will be massive for us too. Both will be upgrades on the current form of Taupau. Why should we bring in big money props?

Fainu has the potential to be anything in the halves. Unfortunately we may not see it next year but when you have DCE on massive coin not offering much and the Turbos are on big change too. Tom hardly playing. 3 players chewing up alot of our cap. Why we havent already blooded Vaega i dont know. (we chose to play Taufua..why ??) Its hard to move. We DO however have quite a few talented players coming through even though the sides are not going well.

Bozo, the juniors that are going to have any significant affect have been promoted already (Koula, Tuipulotu, Olakau'atu etc). The club have said we can't acquire players because we are cap strapped.

Not sure if you've seen our lower grades?

1st grade: 10th and sliding
Reserve Grade: Last (2 wins in 14 games)
Jersey Flegg: 2nd last (5 wins in 14 games)
SG Ball: 8th (4 wins in 8 games) * best grade at just on .500
Harrold Matts: 9th (2 wins in 8 games)

Tell me about these pathways of excellence? Where's the improvement coming from? Right now, the entire club is pretty much a rotten apple.
How about our other feeder club, Parra? Have they got any promising guns coming through for us?

The Godfather God bless his Manly soul had a few feeder clubs for Manly

He had feeder clubs in England

Over here he had Souths , Western Suburbs North Sydney just to name a few

I love the Godfather because he was so ruthless at winning

The Godfather was a winner and so was Manly

If you cannot beat them Buy them and that the Godfather did !!!

See the source image

Koula....

Next year:

INS:
Kelma Tuilagi

OUTS:
Kieran Foran, Andrew Davey, Marty Taupau, Dylan Walker, Morgan Boyle, Jorge Taufua, Sione Fainu, Manase Fainu (possibly)

Not sure where the improvement is going to come from?
Mate I’ve been saying the same thing since about 2019

Every year we are pretty much a disappointment.. ok last year too 4 was great on paper but anyone that watched footy knew we just made up the numbers..

My personal opinion is the same it’s been the last 3 or 4 years..

We arnt a legit threat with our first choice centres
We arnt a legit threat with croker at 9
We arnt a legit threat with this prop rotation (only one worth their coin at the moment is alioai)

We arnt a legit threat with jake thinking he’s a 5/8 and forgetting to make any hard runs (this origin game just highlighted how much we miss his old running game minus the ball player stuff)

And the jury is still out on the shue but so far me, personally, am not impressed with him…
He does some FANTASTIC plays, but more often than not is either nowhere to be seen or throwing idiotic no look passes to the turf…
If he’s a 5/8, play him there to grow .. if he’s a back row, play him to grow there.. this crap he is doing now , he isn’t worth 5cents to the squad

I personally think that Shoe should be our lock rather than next years 5/8 while Jake should be in the front row (look at games like Sunday night when Jake didn't have to worry about trying to be a link man. He just hit up and tackled and played arguably his best game of the year so far).

As to who then should be the 5/8 next year? I honestly don't know right now. Maybe Weekes? Maybe Froggy if Fainu is back?? I dunno really. I just wish we weren't losing Foz because a player of his skill and experience is tough to replace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8