The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are allowed to talk to any player, anywhere, anytime. You are not allowed to entice them to break a contract early or provide a 'formal offer' 12 months before expiry of their current deal. Otherwise, you can chat to your heart's content.
Exactly

People get so sensitive around this stuff.

Tarrtak needs to get the best deals for his client.

Manly need to offer the right deal for the club.

Schuster needs to find the right deal for himself (on a footballing, financial, contract length and lifestyle sense)

And other clubs need to try and put the best roster together.

No formal offers can be made till Nov 1st but anyone can chat at anytime

I think the thing we need to realise is that most of our players aren’t like the brothers who have maroon & white blood running through their veins.

For most it’s about maybe a decade ( or less ) of earning the most money they can so all this “ why would player X sign for team A when he’ll never win a GF”.

I’ll tell you why, $$$$$$$$$$$

So how did Olakau’atu’s upgrade work?

He was already contracted for 2024 at a certain salary.

Anyone else who signs a contract has to accept the value of it for the term of it, so I’d like to know how Ola can be upgraded during an already contracted period.

Is the upgrade effective in his next contracted period (& therefore acts as an incentive to stay at the club for longer) or is it effective immediately?

Or is there a clause in his contract stating an upgrade is possible dependant on performance?

So how did Olakau’atu’s upgrade work?

He was already contracted for 2024 at a certain salary.

Anyone else who signs a contract has to accept the value of it for the term of it, so I’d like to know how Ola can be upgraded during an already contracted period.

Is the upgrade effective in his next contracted period (& therefore acts as an incentive to stay at the club for longer) or is it effective immediately?

Or is there a clause in his contract stating an upgrade is possible dependant on performance?
He massively over performed expectations and was upgraded accordingly. We could've held him to his original contract but probably would've created ill will and risked losing him. No clause, just keeping him happy.

Schuster's pre-season stories of turning down World-Cup honours to focus on his training for Manly are inspiring.

Kid has shown massive commitment to club, and I hope he has a stellar return to the team this weekend, and then plays every game for the rest of the season until he raises the trophy on GF day.

Schuster's pre-season stories of turning down World-Cup honours to focus on his training for Manly are inspiring.

Kid has shown massive commitment to club, and I hope he has a stellar return to the team this weekend, and then plays every game for the rest of the season until he raises the trophy on GF day.
Thx Schuey, how’s your cork rehab going?

Jokes aside, I think we all share your hope moving forward.

I had a cork once when I was a skinny little kid playing U12s. I had to hobble for a few days and missed Tuesday evening training before joining the team training on Thursday and playing on Saturday. Nothing was going to stop me. Mind you, we weren’t playing the 6”2 kid with a beard whom had arrived from Yugoslavia and lost his birth certificate in the process.

Yep, realise that now.

I thought it was a total hands off rule but apparently not.

I guess with all things involving we humans, we create idealistic concepts and then go out of our way to test the boundaries, manipulating the concepts to our advantage. We're always looking for advantage because we know the other bloke is doing the same. To sit back and pretend it should all follow the existing rules at a particular moment is naive. The smart ones, whether its ethical by the existing standards or not, will already be setting up means of coping with what is inevitable.

Our coaching and medical team knows best when a player is ready to play .We have a long season ahead and we showed against Storms that we have players to compete week in week out .The second half of the season is where we start to build momentum into the finals .We should by then have our top 20 sorted to play every week .Let's go Manly .

So he’s back on for round 8

And based on previous performance will be out again for round 9.

I think we need to send this kid to the US too.

Fox Sports are saying that the tigers are interested in Josh Schuster. Surely he isn’t leaving anytime soon his contract expires at the end of next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8