The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
SOURCE!

Manly’s signing spree continues, with the club locking down rising playmaker Josh Schuster for another three years.

The news comes the day after the Sea Eagles announced the signing of Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks on a four-year deal, meaning Schuster’s future on the peninsula appears to be in the back row.

- I'm glad to hear this.

We all would have liked him to kick butt as the 5/8th this season, but maybe he'll be a bit of a later than expected bloomer.

I applaud his standing down from the world cup to get fitter. Yet there seems to be some fitness issues there leading to the workouts with Spudd, but he's a young talented guy with an upside only limited by himself.

It was always confusing that his manager negotiated as if he was already a world beater - but it is what it is.

congrats Josh. Hope you get better 'n better, because 800k a year is damn good coin!!!!!

YHe realised the reality of the gift in front of him and couldn’t sign fast enough, hopefully he can repay the club by becoming that dominant edge, not holding my breath on this one, think shoe on 800 plus and JA on 600 is money down the drain. Look at the options 1.4 puts in our pack and ask how it measures up. Hopefully he (they both make me choke on my words)
Yeah , Alioia is a real concern , form , fitness , attitude and availability wise . 600 k is just so overs for his contribution for most of his time with Manly now . Seemed to be offering something worthwhile against the Storm i st up but so far off the pace for most of this season and often in previous seasons . Major problem definitely for the amount of cap he is absorbing

The difference? Work rate, intensity, effort…

People recognise that Croker is not a highly skilled hooker (has his days tho) but the thing nobody questions is his effort and therefore the fact that he is giving it his absolute all…

He and Schu are polar opposites in that regard… when was the last time you saw Schu walk off the field bloodied and spent like Froggy looks after almost every game?
Not at all questioning Croker's heart and effort, more just pointing out that Schu seems to be scapegoated any time we lose when he's had far less time in his position than some other players. Would like to have seen him behind a pack that doesn't get dominated most weeks, or playing with a 9 than runs more than twice a game and provides consistent good service. The Brooks $$$ could have gone towards these areas which we have struggled in since AFB and Koroisau/M.Fainu left, instead of giving DCE yet another halves partner

Anyway I'm glad the re-signing was announced after I posted that and hope Schu turns into the star we know he can be, irrespective of position

That’s awesome news about schuster. He still may play plenty of six. There’s always rep games and injuries to cover for.

He also could become a phenomenal number 13.

Brooks schuster and Dce with turbo if he can stay injury free out the back is a top 4 backline for sure

That's about the right money for a marquee lock like Yeo , and frankly that's a sight I can absolutely see Schuster getting to. Kids elite, and generational.

Sorry @Volley , I rate the man, BIG time. Hope that's not the death knell hahaha.

Schuster is our Lock for the next 10 years, and he'll end up playing Origin and for Australia.

Back him people. I could absolutely see him throwing egg in everyone's faces who bag him

Not at all questioning Croker's heart and effort, more just pointing out that Schu seems to be scapegoated any time we lose when he's had far less time in his position than some other players. Would like to have seen him behind a pack that doesn't get dominated most weeks, or playing with a 9 than runs more than twice a game and provides consistent good service. The Brooks $$$ could have gone towards these areas which we have struggled in since AFB and Koroisau/M.Fainu left, instead of giving DCE yet another halves partner

Anyway I'm glad the re-signing was announced after I posted that and hope Schu turns into the star we know he can be, irrespective of position
All good points and I too would love to see him prove me wrong - let’s face it, we need him too if we are gonna be successful in the next 3 years…

Schu does cop it because he is a spine player on big dollars and everyone (including Schu) keeps telling us how he is a superstar-in-waiting…

I was just pointing out that Froggy (who is on considerably less coin) is a role player who has got where he is on a bit of talent, a whole lot of effort and a heaping sh*t load of heart…

Last edited:
I think Schuster re-signing is more of a case of him backing himself to earn the 5/8 jersey, and if that happens I feel our strongest spine would be;

1. Turbo
6. Schuster
7. DCE
9. Brooks/Croker
14. Croker/Brooks

Schu does cop it because he is a spine player on big dollars and everyone (including Schu) keeps telling us how he is a superstar-in-waiting…

Ek6qXDxJscqk1apDmg.gif

Yeah , Alioia is a real concern , form , fitness , attitude and availability wise . 600 k is just so overs for his contribution for most of his time with Manly now . Seemed to be offering something worthwhile against the Storm i st up but so far off the pace for most of this season and often in previous seasons . Major problem definitely for the amount of cap he is absorbing
Give it 2 years and i reckon we will be saying the same thing about an 800k player. Happy to eat my words though

NRL transfer market: Manly Sea Eagles set to sign Josh Schuster to $2.5 million extension​

On the back of a signing spree headlined by a mega-deal to lure Luke Brooks to the northern beaches, Manly has splashed the cash to lock in a key piece of their future.

Manly have continued their massive recruitment and retention push, with young gun Josh Schuster set to ink a multi-million dollar extension.
In the wake of Luke Brooks $2.8 million signing on Monday , the Sea Eagles are poised to lock down one of their brightest talents on a three-year deal believed to be worth $2.5 million.
Schuster, who moved full-time to the halves this year to replace Kieran Foran, is expected to revert to the back-row where he enjoyed a breakout season in 2021.
Schuster has intimated he is open to playing any position. The Sea Eagles now have Brooks signed to a four-year deal while skipper Daly Cherry-Evans is contracted until the end of 2025.
Schuster at just 22 could return to the halves once Cherry-Evans retires.
The Tigers were considered the front-runner to sign the talented youngster however incoming coach Benji Marshall was not keen on Schuster as a half.

Josh Schuster is set to sign a bumper new deal with the Sea Eagles.

The news come off the back of a signing spree for Manly who have added Brooks, Tommy Talau and Jaxson Paulo from next season.
They also re-signed speedster Tolutau Koula until at least the end of 2027.
The Sea Eagles have given boom youngster Latu Fainu permission to negotiate with rival clubs. His brother Samuela is also expected to leave the club at the end of the season.
Manly coach Anthony Seibold on Monday opened up on why he signed Brooks — and where Schuster fit into the Manly set-up from 2024.
“Luke is a quality player and we want to add quality players to our roster to create competition for spots,” Seibold said.

More Coverage​

Did Manly just secure the 2024 NRL buy of the year?Seibold’s blunt message to Schuster after Brooks news
“He has played 200 games and you don’t do that in the NRL unless you’re a good player. We think having role models like ‘Chez’ (Cherry-Evans) and Tommy and Jake Trbojevic around him will help his game.”
Pressed on whether Schuster would accept Brooks’ arrival, Seibold said: “Well, mate, he’s got a year to go on his contract and have offered him a three-year extension.
“Every indication from him to us is that he loves the club and wants to stay. That’s all I can say.”

I think Schuster re-signing is more of a case of him backing himself to earn the 5/8 jersey, and if that happens I feel our strongest spine would be;

1. Turbo
6. Schuster
7. DCE
9. Brooks/Croker
14. Croker/Brooks

Totally. Schuster has had a couple of games with Turbo in the team for great results when Turbo was switched on.

Seibold and ST puppets are very short sighted.

That’s awesome news about schuster. He still may play plenty of six. There’s always rep games and injuries to cover for.

He also could become a phenomenal number 13.

Brooks schuster and Dce with turbo if he can stay injury free out the back is a top 4 backline for sure
I think you’ll find he’ll play on edge. There’s no way he is gonna be able to defend at 13 unless something drastic happens. It’s up there with hooker as the most taxing position to defend in.

1. Turbo
6. Schuster
7. DCE
9. Brooks/Croker
14. Croker/Brooks

I reckon he is 1000/1 to play 6 next year. No way Brooks is coming here to play 9 or 14. He wouldn’t have even entertained a discussion about it and would re-sign with the Tigers before making such a switch.

Also, no way Manly is prepared to spend 800k + 650k on two guys with a ‘wait and see who performs’ type arrangement. Those salaries indicate that both players will be in the starting team together.

I’m very whelmed with this news.

2.5mill for 3 years is a lot for someone who has only shown glimpses of some fancy no look passes to Turbo.

Really needs to take the line on and run first. Doesn’t seem to like the tough stuff or getting tackled.

Also really poor defender.

Geez I hope I’m wrong about him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10