The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A very good mate of mine knows Brett Stewart well and was speaking with him last week. He says Brett Stewart says that "Schuster is a lazy lump with a shocking attitude" and that despite all the efforts by the club, his team mates and the coaching staff he just won't change. Doesn't surprise me ......
‘Lord’ Josh Goodster.

Or ‘Lord’ Ted Schudwin.

One day he will find his niche. Possibly as a friendly enough bouncer at a licensed club in Fairfield.

i reckon Schuster would make a good 13 just needs to learn how to tackle.
Think his fitness and attitude need a **** ton of work as well to be honest, add the fact he doesn’t seem all that keen to run with the ball, especially the hard carries into the defensive line, he needs to aim up and carry the ball, especially now it looks like he‘ll be back as a edge and more so as a potential 13, can’t just carry him because he can ball play out the back for Tom, even though his good at it.

If he could play with a similar intensity and commitment to Carrigan, Yeo, Murray and the like, then, yes he has the potential to be better than all of them, sadly the gap is extremely large and the evidence to date is not that promising, big year for Josh, could be make or break, hopping he makes it, won’t lie though, his work ethic, commitment, injuries and ability to step up when the going gets tough don‘t exactly fill me with any confidence.

IMG_4682.jpeg

Is that Schuster behind Saab.
Does that mean his coming back to training. Saw that he had chickenpox’s

burbo starting.jpg

in a drill of attack vs defense burbo had the starting left edge spot in what seems a very similar first 13 to second 13 side with the likes of tom, brooks, koula and believe paulo outside of him. although later on in the session they did the same drill with schuster attacking and he was actually looking promising and was quite funny everyone was tackling at 50 percent but when schuster got the ball it was 100%. he was running holes for set plays and was getting turned under for hit ups and he was running the ball getting physical.
so far good news for schuster on his physical toughness side

Last edited:
Should never had been in the "fixed" 5/8 role with his body type, said it way before the season started absolute no brainer. Even the hype over his early performances was a major eye roll moment of last year as they were not as good as made out with huge issues in the effort areas of the game on display.

Luckily i was banned from this site would of had a field day dissecting his performances as i was really in the mood to go old school here and back to my overly technical dribbler days in detail.

Called it in round 1 last year against the Dogs that the performance was poor and not worth the price of admission before my ban, might have seemed harsh at the time but i could see where the season was heading.

Back end of season some games showed signs of improvement but a long way to go still. We need to improve our overall fitness and intensity for starters otherwise the performances will rely on flat decks and having a good day.

Ok enjoy the season ahead should be better this time around, no need to fear wont be contributing.

I read all the tough keyboard warrior comments during my ban that were wrong and way off the "mark", I guess the season results backed up my round 1 harsh analysis enough said.

Should never had been in the "fixed" 5/8 role with his body type, said it way before the season started absolute no brainer. Even the hype over his early performances was a major eye roll moment of last year as they were not as good as made out with huge issues in the effort areas of the game on display.

Luckily i was banned from this site would of had a field day dissecting his performances as i was really in the mood to go old school here and back to my overly technical dribbler days in detail.

Called it in round 1 last year against the Dogs that the performance was poor and not worth the price of admission before my ban, might have seemed harsh at the time but i could see where the season was heading.

Back end of season some games showed signs of improvement but a long way to go still. We need to improve our overall fitness and intensity for starters otherwise the performances will rely on flat decks and having a good day.

Ok enjoy the season ahead should be better this time around, no need to fear wont be contributing.

I read all the tough keyboard warrior comments during my ban that were wrong and way off the "mark", I guess the season results backed up my round 1 harsh analysis enough said.
Were you banned for your posts being too long? I'd read them if they were a quarter of their average length.

Schuster as lock makes way more sense to me than Schuster as 5/8. He has a big enough frame to defend in the middle and his trickiness with the ball in hand would be great against tiring middles. I just hope he pulls his finger out this year.

Certainly some attention to try and find a reasonable fit for 13 last season apart from Jake 's generally reliable but also generally part limited type role there .
Bully and Zac Fulton given a go there in the trials . Then Alioia given a crack there early in the season before injury issues , then Keppie and Woods , then back to Jake .
Quite an effective arrangement again when Dylan Walker and Jake shared 13 duties but still looks like a bit of an open question the most suited option there within the current squad .
Quite understandable to think that Shu might be able to make a go of it there but other indications that he may not be able to make his best contribution there also .
Looks like the teams overall positions are covered fairly well at this stage but 13 and on balance , still a bit of a conundrum

I've no idea why you were banned but I'm eager to read your predictions for the upcoming season.

Were you banned for your posts being too long? I'd read them if they were a quarter of their average length.
Then you are not part of the demographic the message is aimed at.

The old "replies are too long for me reply" to induce high fives in it's originality and creativity, hmmm i guess an oldie but a goodie is your mindset, if you can generate a laugh out of SER8 you can't go wrong right......

I've no idea why you were banned but I'm eager to read your predictions for the upcoming season.
Probably because i sent Dan a reply outlining the long list of "predictions" over the years i made that came up trumps when it wasn't favourable or fashionable to mention them at the time.

I mentioned that long list to show that my Round 1 analysis of last year is consistent with my style here and people know what they are going to get, it has nothing to do with negativity when i also offer positive analysis when it is warranted.

I prefer to see the flaws to improve ahead of time and either watch and track the improvements of that area over time or state why improvements are not happening and the remedies available to turn the corner.

Funny how i read a recent post from SER8 about how the 2014 season went all downhill in regards to our forwards is the best example i don't wish to ever be. Easy to talk in hindsight or appear knowledgeable from a "historical" standpoint with zero understanding in the moment to make a difference.

I on the other hand during that same year when Manly were second on the table mentioned here that our forwards are "soft" lacking consistent go forward grunt and came across as a negative party pooper who doesn't just enjoy the wins and appreciate the now----which is fair enough all good.(season ended poorly heads up)

I only watched highlights last season as i lost almost complete interest in a club gone all woke and a website following in the same path. Back end of season i did see improvements in how we structured our game and certain players hardening up and playing with more maturity.

DCE had one of the biggest improvements in his game in terms of running the ball more and trying to play direct and square at and through the line, passing was more selective and mature also, it was great to see and should of been evident 10yrs ago.(probably the biggest thing i missed was not watching entire games of this improvement in DCE but it was so evident to see even in the highlights packages)

I can see the reasons behind Brooks purchase if he has a central sharp role playing simple and direct, keeping the middle honest and offering simple link passing plays to both edges in Schuster and DCE, if he plays as a running 5/8 he lacks the assist ball playing quality and will be too predictable with passing errors.

Barring injuries Manly can make a good leap into the bottom of the 8 and if the Coach has great qualities maybe a little higher if the fitness and intensity of the squad improves big time.

Not a fan of Seibold comes across too soft and his presence doesn't inspire, you will get one or two great seasons out of him at most before time to move on, i think he probably has great ideas but makes for a better second in charge type.

As stated i wont be adding my dribbler commentary to the site in terms of game analysis might add some comments in the general section on different topics though, plus I've lost a lot of interest in the club these days----never thought i would ever drop to this level of enthusiasm for a club i supported for so long.

Were you banned for not knowing when Schuster actually played?

He did not play round 1 vs the Dogs.

Round 2 vs Parra he was MOM.

Round 3 vs Souths, got injured calf.

Played round 12 vs Canberra. Set Turbo up for two tries, one of which was totally memorising with his hand skills, and scored a try.

Rest of 2023 is well documented, unfit, injured or both.

Let's hope Schu has learnt from 2023 and comes back fit, with the right attitude. He has all the skills to succeed, just now needs to be the best player he can be.

Then you are not part of the demographic the message is aimed at.

The old "replies are too long for me reply" to induce high fives in it's originality and creativity, hmmm i guess an oldie but a goodie is your mindset, if you can generate a laugh out of SER8 you can't go wrong right......
That's much better.

Played round 12 vs Canberra. Set Turbo up for two tries, one of which was totally memorising with his hand skills, and scored a try.

Let's hope Schu has learnt from 2023 and comes back fit, with the right attitude. He has all the skills to succeed, just now needs to be the best player he can be.
Agree, also we're a more dangerous side having Turbo amd Schu Working plays off each other. The Raiders game
was enthralling. Schu was like a magician that day, the crowd was in awe in what Schu and Turbo were doing. Tommys looking stronger and fitter now, just need the Schu to have an injury free run and for him to realize his full potential.

Let's hope Schu has learnt from 2023 and comes back fit, with the right attitude. He has all the skills to succeed, just now

No idea what you are on about, how can i be banned for something ahead of time.

First of all my reference about people raving about his early season form was the Parra Game, looked lethargic in defence, sure a few classy attacking options but at other times lacked spark in both attack and defence----i recall an interview also after the game where he talked himself up which was an eye roller moment.

Souths game not much impact lethargic and just making up the numbers, if he performs in this manner when fit and you are happy all good to you.

Sorry for the formatting of your comments within this window something weird happens sometimes and i have no idea how to get back to a normal reply window undoing all the errors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8