The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happened to free speech? I can't believe you were banned and for such a long time at that.
No idea what you are on about, how can i be banned for something ahead of time.

First of all my reference about people raving about his early season form was the Parra Game, looked lethargic in defence, sure a few classy attacking options but at other times lacked spark in both attack and defence----i recall an interview also after the game where he talked himself up which was an eye roller moment.

Souths game not much impact lethargic and just making up the numbers, if he performs in this manner when fit and you are happy all good to you.

Sorry for the formatting of your comments within this window something weird happens sometimes and i have no idea how to get back to a normal reply window undoing all the errors.

What happened to free speech? I can't believe you were banned and for such a long time at that.
Websites don't have free speech along with Australia, Dans site so he can do as he pleases.

I loved all the "comeback" replies right after my ban shows the true nature of people on this site.

All good the season panned out as predicted along with Schuster performing and acting as expected so wasn't much more to add here anyway after such a season.

2024 and 2025 better seasons before the next collapse in fortunes in 2026.

This thread is getting weird.

Disparaging those who are unable to have an objective opinion on their team is an interesting one.

Fandom in on itself is often driven by passion, often driven by tribalism.

So it's great if you are able to step out of that and see Manly in an objective light but personally for myself I'll always find that difficult. I'll 9 times out of 10 back the boys and give them the benefit of the doubt or that one time out of ten let my emotions rule the other way and be filthy on them and be too harsh on them.

And, for me, that is what I want, I want to be a fan not an analyst.

Also as an aside, and this is not directed at one person but 2023 on Silvertails is the year of people posting about their posting attentions. "I'm leaving" "I'm stepping back" "I'm returning".

People, just do what you need to do, if you want to share opinions, that is fantastic, I welcome that. If you want to step back, go for it, but save me the announcement.

Finally, back on topic, for me I still have Burbo as starting left edge atm. I like his line running either to take the short ball off Brooks or to run a decoy to free up, what sounds like it will be Koula.

Schuster can earn that place but in ny view, he needs to earn it.

Last edited:
No idea what you are on about, how can i be banned for something ahead of time.

First of all my reference about people raving about his early season form was the Parra Game, looked lethargic in defence, sure a few classy attacking options but at other times lacked spark in both attack and defence----i recall an interview also after the game where he talked himself up which was an eye roller moment.

Souths game not much impact lethargic and just making up the numbers, if he performs in this manner when fit and you are happy all good to you.

Sorry for the formatting of your comments within this window something weird happens sometimes and i have no idea how to get back to a normal reply window undoing all the errors.
I often find myself disagreeing or getting frustrated by some of your posts but I didn't realise your were banned? I was sorry to read that. On a forum like this it would be boring if we all agreed and had the same views. I've never thought any of your posts even came close to you deserving to be banned? Very strange ....

Any negativity around this joint is looked down upon these days......well except for the obvious exception.
I thought that was made pretty damn obvious last season.

Completely unsurprising a poster like TC was silenced, voluntarily or otherwise.

Sunshine
Rainbows
Lollipops.

Websites don't have free speech along with Australia, Dans site so he can do as he pleases.

I loved all the "comeback" replies right after my ban shows the true nature of people on this site.

All good the season panned out as predicted along with Schuster performing and acting as expected so wasn't much more to add here anyway after such a season.

2024 and 2025 better seasons before the next collapse in fortunes in 2026.
Are you basing this prediction on DCE retiring at the end of 2025?

In part yes as i don't see the club well structured from a succession standpoint of players in key positions and from a style perspective knowing what works and fine tuning that each year for improvements. The other issue is Seibold will be under pressure to get short to medium term results and might focus more on that than a long succession plan or focus, if Seibold can have improvements in the next 2yrs he might feel more relaxed to focus long term.

I stated before last season i feel DCE as he slows down his performances will actually improve, playing more simple and direct with a little more composure, the way he took on the line more last year was great to see. If DCE continues to play in this manner i don't see why he can't extend even a little more, always been durable and mostly injury free, might be required anyway to bed in a succession plan.

Maybe Seibold encouraged DCE to run more and play more square if so well done, in saying that from the highlights packages i watched from last season of even other teams, halves running more was a common trait. Maybe the game is opening up more and fatigue is allowing the smaller players to have confidence in taking on the line against back peddling tired defenders but i didn't watch games in depth last year to really have a well researched opinion on this.

Manly have lacked direct sharpness that keeps the middle defenders honest in their play for far too long, it is why i kept harping on like a boring old fart how i didn't like Jake being used as a pointless linkman, it might look good but at best a patch job that had no future growth prospects in style of play or increasing attacking output in the future.

Even in the premiership winning years or window periods i didn't like how Manly played from an attacking standpoint, not playing square and direct enough through the middle---was too much about the edges and lacking a strong middle attack foundation that was able to penetrate.

High intensity and fitness needs to be on display to come through the grind periods stronger and compete, more direct sharp mobility through the middle mixed with some early expansive play to take advantage of our backline speed with space to move.

Playing more expansive and early seemed evident in the highlights packages i saw at the back end of the year now we need compliment that with the substance of excellent fitness levels and the ability to play at high intensity for longer periods so we can also deal with the grind and muscle up better----and win the grind not drop off big time right after this period.

In part yes as i don't see the club well structured from a succession standpoint of players in key positions and from a style perspective knowing what works and fine tuning that each year for improvements. The other issue is Seibold will be under pressure to get short to medium term results and might focus more on that than a long succession plan or focus, if Seibold can have improvements in the next 2yrs he might feel more relaxed to focus long term.

I stated before last season i feel DCE as he slows down his performances will actually improve, playing more simple and direct with a little more composure, the way he took on the line more last year was great to see. If DCE continues to play in this manner i don't see why he can't extend even a little more, always been durable and mostly injury free, might be required anyway to bed in a succession plan.

Maybe Seibold encouraged DCE to run more and play more square if so well done, in saying that from the highlights packages i watched from last season of even other teams, halves running more was a common trait. Maybe the game is opening up more and fatigue is allowing the smaller players to have confidence in taking on the line against back peddling tired defenders but i didn't watch games in depth last year to really have a well researched opinion on this.

Manly have lacked direct sharpness that keeps the middle defenders honest in their play for far too long, it is why i kept harping on like a boring old fart how i didn't like Jake being used as a pointless linkman, it might look good but at best a patch job that had no future growth prospects in style of play or increasing attacking output in the future.

Even in the premiership winning years or window periods i didn't like how Manly played from an attacking standpoint, not playing square and direct enough through the middle---was too much about the edges and lacking a strong middle attack foundation that was able to penetrate.

High intensity and fitness needs to be on display to come through the grind periods stronger and compete, more direct sharp mobility through the middle mixed with some early expansive play to take advantage of our backline speed with space to move.

Playing more expansive and early seemed evident in the highlights packages i saw at the back end of the year now we need compliment that with the substance of excellent fitness levels and the ability to play at high intensity for longer periods so we can also deal with the grind and muscle up better----and win the grind not drop off big time right after this period.
Agreed, and well said. I must say mate, I'm a little disappointed reading this from you as this was not controversial in the slightest. Just an insightful, coherent, and thoughtful opinion with a fairly mainstream point of view! Lol I hope you're not selling out as a result of your recent experience with the cancel culture

Agreed, and well said. I must say mate, I'm a little disappointed reading this from you as this was not controversial in the slightest. Just an insightful, coherent, and thoughtful opinion with a fairly mainstream point of view! Lol I hope you're not selling out as a result of your recent experience with the cancel culture
It's the off season and nearing Christmas so not much to say other than a general overview of last season through the eyes of someone that barely watched a game other than 10min highlight vids every so often.

With the club going woke during the Pride promotion,Des Hasler unfairly being moved on and choosing Seibold as the new coach i've lost interest to a large degree.

The site is a reflection of the club culture now anyway and the moderation has gone way too far in a silly direction. I appreciate it is hard to strike the right balance at times but it is at silly levels now.

Would be easy to go several levels higher in terms of technical dribble but i was even holding back in my first year here----- time for the new generation to take over anyway.

Disparaging those who are unable to have an objective opinion on their team is an interesting one.

Fandom in on itself is often driven by passion, often driven by tribalism.

So it's great if you are able to step out of that and see Manly in an objective light but personally for myself I'll always find that difficult. I'll 9 times out of 10 back the boys and give them the benefit of the doubt or that one time out of ten let my emotions rule the other way and be filthy on them and be too harsh on them.

And, for me, that is what I want, I want to be a fan not an analyst.

Also as an aside, and this is not directed at one person but 2023 on Silvertails is the year of people posting about their posting attentions. "I'm leaving" "I'm stepping back" "I'm returning".

People, just do what you need to do, if you want to share opinions, that is fantastic, I welcome that. If you want to step back, go for it, but save me the announcement.

Finally, back on topic, for me I still have Burbo as starting left edge atm. I like his line running either to take the short ball off Brooks or to run a decoy to free up, what sounds like it will be Koula.

Schuster can earn that place but in ny view, he needs to earn it.
No promotion of "returning" here other than to mention why i haven't posted since round 1 to those who might of been curious as to the reasons why.

Not really a case of stepping back just lost interest combined with if more people consider ones style negative over constructive who am i to ruin the experience of the majority, it's all good.

General section seems more entertaining these days so i might contribute in that section once in a while.

What else do you expect in a weird and wonderful world feathered friend

One thing for certain is that No one is Bigger than the Glory of our Legendary Manly club
And Manly people are only Worthy of its Glory When they live up to its Glorious Benchmark Premiership Winning Standards

We all must strive to maintain our Legendary clubs high standards
We all must support Manly and not Mediocrity
1703009272668.png

Last edited:
A bit of a beat up, he is still able to train with that injury.

Best news is that he won’t miss any games over the few weeks anyway
The Best News is that the Schu has more talent in his little injured finger than most of the NRL crop
Arguably the most skillful player in the game and Potentially the Biggest Super Star
The Question is...... Is there any one at Manly that can Unlock this Amazing Manly Beast ?
1705552332575.png

The Best News is that the Schu has more talent in his little injured finger than most of the NRL crop
Arguably the most skillful player in the game and Potentially the Biggest Super Star
The Question is...... Is there any one at Manly that can Unlock this Amazing Manly Beast ?
View attachment 25837
The last person I remember with so much potential - Fleet Mateo. Potential vs realised is the issue at play

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8