The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So tell me if the Shu starts ( like most of us thought including the coaching staff) Burbo was on the bench.. and in the modern game a second rower (edge forward) on the bench is normal.. so why can't Shu play from the bench..your original post regarding second rower coming off the bench as being " highly unusual" or "a fresh tactical approach" is what I'm questioning you about

You wrote:
"To have Haumole (not going to happen) or Ben T sub off because there is another edge forward on the pine, would be highly unusual. It could happen but it would be a fresh tactical approach by Seibold, not common practice."
Who cares man…Josh Schuster good, great, grand! Have a good weekend 😎

Love how Schuster has to now work his ass off for a spot in the team. This would have to be the 1st time his had to do this as it’s always been served up to him.
I feel this is the real cross road in his career as to how he responds when things aren’t going his way.
Will be a very interesting next few months for Shu.

Last edited:
Love how Schuster has to now work his ass off for a spot in the team. This would have to be the 1st time his had to do this as it’s always been served up to him.
I feel this is the real cross road in his career as to how he responds when things aren’t going his way.
Will be a very interesting next few months for Shu.
This is the best thing that could happen to him. All the talk in the world can't have the same effect as actually losing your spot to someone who has less natural talent but works his ass off. I'm confident this will bring out the best in Schu and sometime this season Manly will reap the reward.

This is the best thing that could happen to him. All the talk in the world can't have the same effect as actually losing your spot to someone who has less natural talent but works his ass off. I'm confident this will bring out the best in Schu and sometime this season Manly will reap the reward.
The other thing is, Schuster and Burbo have come through the grades together and are really close. They want to be in the same team. It'd be great to watch that happen.

I am a Schuster sceptic, but his last 2 games were for Blacktown after being dropped. I expected a dummy spit, but he produced a dominant display in the last round win, then played well in the semi final loss. Of course, that was as a 5/8!
Really need to see how he goes tomorrow as a Blacktown second rower.

Siebs just asked about Burbo in the team considering the shoe is yet to come back and he said:

“well it’s Ben’s position”

that’s huge!!! The shoe will be in reggie’s for a while me thinks

Siebs just asked about Burbo in the team considering the shoe is yet to come back and he said:

“well it’s Ben’s position”

that’s huge!!! The shoe will be in reggie’s for a while me thinks
Judging by how Schu looks he's got a loooong road ahead to get back to 1st grade fit.

A mate sent me this
I’m not sure if it had article
01540812-ba7f-4ca4-a90b-ce464c88a233.jpeg

Last edited:
Cherry is playing ****e, need everyone to play better to roll the roosters
Strange game !
We are playing sh*t with the ball , have had 2 tries disallowed and yet still leading !!
DCE and Turbo very poor , so need a big improvement by them. And why is Turbo taking the ball up the middle instead of our forwards - just dumb !!

Listening too Seibold this morning it sounds like his fitness is not there yet due to illness and injuries.

For me it won’t be long and he will be back in first grade, too much class in him for NSW cup.

As a forward he needs to consistently get the ball, run good lines, run fast and hard to get the team over the advantage line, as well as defending well when he doesn't have the ball... That's his job as a forward.

If he isn't doing that consistently well, then regardless of his ball skills, the team will be at a deficit to other teams as we won't have as much go-forward as the opposition.

Found this on the game today, it’s a newscorp article, make of it what you think..

Josh Schuster needed the outing where in contrast Angus Crichton looks prime for an NRL return.
The high profile duo were among a host of big names who took part in a NSW Cup fixture between Manly’s feederclub Blacktown and the Roosters on Sunday afternoon.

Schuster, Crichton, Aaron Woods, Michael Jennings, and Jake Arthur were among the players who played.

Crichton was a clear standout as one of the best on the paddock. The former NSW and Kangaroos forward set-up two tries and helped laid on another and was clearly a class above on the Roosters’ left edge.

By contrast, the path back to first grade might take a little longer for Schuster. He till looks like he needs to spend time at the second-tier level after his outing for the season after an off-season plagued by injuries.

The pair played 80 minutes and Schuster’s performance included his trademark early tackle kicks and no-look passes, but he was poor defensively. The Roosters finished 34-12 winners

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8