The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Such a shame how things have turned out. First, Manase was lost to us, followed by all of his brothers. Now our biggest star coming through, so eagerly anticipated, just can't handle professional sport atm. Who could have guessed? We forget how young these guys are, and maybe a little surprising that a lot more talented juniors aren't displaying similar symptoms of confusion and lack of direction these days, as it's just part of growing up, particularly with this generation.

I have no doubt, in several years from now, Josh will be a superstar. But it won't be any time soon, and it won't be at Manly. Unfortunately, he's got to bottom out to figure it all out. I wish him the very best of luck

Valid points. Some players just take longer to understand their potential probably. Look at Paseka, only recently has he realised he's a giant with muscle. I know Shu has had his opportunities and Seibs probably thought some time in reserves might spark that hunger, but obviously it hasn't. More Macca's hunger it seems than NRL first grade. I think he'll come good, it's just when does Josh think it's time.

I'm not entirely sure that this is the right thing to do. And I expect a lot of disagreement.

But if Garrick is out, and Ben T to center, then I would think long and hard about putting Schuster on the bench.

Schuster doesn't deserve this on form to be clear.

But it may be the only thing that gets his confidence up, as the NSW Cup thing surely isn't.

A last roll of the dice if you will.
I'd prefer to see this happen in a much less important game than v the Warriors, in his current form he tends to be a turnstile in defence, not what we need against this aggressive forward pack

I'd prefer to see this happen in a much less important game than v the Warriors, in his current form he tends to be a turnstile in defence, not what we need against this aggressive forward pack

Given current news, I don't think this is going to be our problem anymore.

Which is it, granted a release which indicates that he has asked to leave or have Manly said he can look elsewhere. There is a big difference if a release has been asked for and granted, I would dare say Manly don't pay freight. If it's Manly saying sure you can look elsewhere who knows what happens. Karl Lawton was told he could look elsewhere, and he is doing a fine job in the top grade.

Putting emotion aside, this is going to take some manoeuvring to minimise the hit on our cap.
It's early days but Josh may decide to take time away from the game or perhaps a stint in England for a fresh start. Either way I wish him all the best in the future. I just hope he has enough respect for the club and doesn't play hardball because I think we've treating him fairly well for a number of years.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8