The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The kids mental health is clearly shot to bits if he's chosen personal leave over proving everyone wrong.
Must feel like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Poor bugger. I hope he realises it's just a game and he gets back to playing some good footy, having fun with boys and has a smile on face.

All the best Josh. I wish you well.

Josh Schuster has likely played his final game for the Manly Sea Eagles, with reports emerging that the club has granted him immediate personal leave to deal with personal matters.

As reported by News Corp, on Wednesday, Schuster was informed by the club that they were going to release him from the remainder of his contract - signed until the end of the 2027 season on a salary of $800,000 per season.

In the other ones I assumed he was still training and playing ...... now he's not doing either.
Thank you for your insight feathered friend
Who is the Schus Agent player manager ?
Who ever he is . He is also accountable for this mess

The player Manager that is representing the Schu also represents a can of worms
1712816396513.png

Josh Schuster has likely played his final game for the Manly Sea Eagles, with reports emerging that the club has granted him immediate personal leave to deal with personal matters.

As reported by News Corp, on Wednesday, Schuster was informed by the club that they were going to release him from the remainder of his contract - signed until the end of the 2027 season on a salary of $800,000 per season.
Hope he keeps up his training regime, a guy like Josh will quickly put the Kilos on if he doesn't.

Must feel like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Poor bugger. I hope he realises it's just a game and he gets back to playing some good footy, having fun with boys and has a smile on face.

All the best Josh. I wish you well.
Manly have Given Josh plenty of rea$on$ and opportunitie$ to $mile
And Yes we do wish Josh well .

We all wish Josh the best

I think this is best outcome for both parties josh"s heart hasn't been in it for a while now and manly have tried to aupport him and get the best out of him for a few years now.

I think either titans or raiders would be perfect for Josh - club outside the Sydney bubble.

Tis a shame. I wasn't expecting an over night transformation. But was hoping this week's events might see small improvements seen each week from here on in.

If footys just not where your heads at, at the moment take a break, but dam there is plenty that would love to see you back just giving it your everything at Blacktown.

Small steps. But You'll get back to the top grade.

@mickqld,

If you've read my posts in the past about CSM and players at our Club, you'll note I've always maintained that Tony Mestrov has played a straight bat with Mario Tartak and CSM and the latter has tried to use his friends in the media to peddle an agenda.

The information sourced from within the club by others aligned with CSM became a vacuum within a month of Tony's appointment.

Once again, the Club played these negotiations extremely well and CSM were left in a position to either accept the terms on offer at the time or, quite simply walk.

The benefit of having a CEO with the ability to stand firm is demonstrated and rewarded at times like these.

I wish Josh all the very best in every aspect of his life, he is a good young man with quite a deal of noise surrounding him, so I hope he finds a path in life he is comfortable and happy with, whether it be on the sporting field or not.
Thanks for that @AndWeDon'tCare. Seems that Josh has been struggling with issues and his agent has only concerns with show me the money. I just hope Schu can find some stability and come out of all this happy and with a great career at whatever he does

It certainly appears that this is the end for the Shoe.

He’ll never pull on an Eagles jersey again & and its even doubtful he’ll pull another one on either ( although that’s up to him ).

I wonder how much of this years contract we’ll have to pay , it maybe zero ???

Just up on the SMH. Read the last paragraph. Reporting that Manly will have to subsidise Schu if he goes to another club.

Josh Schuster wasn’t on the plane that took his Manly teammates to New Zealand on Thursday after the club granted the out-of-favour playmaker two weeks of personal leave.

Schuster, who on Wednesday was given permission to negotiate with rivals despite being contracted until the end of 2027, was originally named at lock for Sea Eagles feeder club Blacktown’s clash with the Warriors in Auckland on Saturday.

Josh Schuster has been granted personal leave by the Manly Sea Eagles.
Josh Schuster has been granted personal leave by the Manly Sea Eagles. NRL PHOTOS

However, the enigmatic playmaker will be given a fortnight to attend to personal matters and digest that he doesn’t have a long-term future on the northern beaches.

The sabbatical will shield Schuster from the spotlight while his manager attempts to find a club where he can resurrect his career. It will be a challenge given that Schuster signed a three-year, $2.4 million contract extension last June, a deal which doesn’t even begin until 2025.

Any new deal will require subsidy from the Sea Eagles, given that Schuster remains contracted and rival clubs would baulk at paying his full fare.

True, the club MAY have insulated themselves from paying him as he hasn't met his KPI's, but I doubt it very much that the NRL would allow Manly to have his total contract wiped from our salary cap, it's not as simple as that, as Zac Lomax will find when he tries to switch clubs, as the Dragons will have to carry any shortfall in his new contract.
Unless of course both players manage to find clubs that are prepared to take them on at their full contract value, which is no chance with Schuster and probably no chance with Lomax
I heard on triple M that the Eels will be allowed to offer Lomax market value for a centre as opposed to having to match what he was contracted for at the Dragons.

The dragons & Lomax have come to an agreement - he wants out & they are happy to let him go, meaning neither party is in breach of contract, so Saints don’t have to pay him out & he doesn’t have to fulfil his contract with them.

Last edited:
Think you still need juniors , but you also need to not be drawn into the hype and pay big dollars.

The $300k a year for Latu was the most ridiculous payment for a 16 year old I’ve heard of at the club.

Very talented , but zero guarantee he’ll be a superstar.

And as we’ve seen , a complete & utter waste of funds.
I reckon that $300k per year was all part of trying to keep the Fainu family loyal to Manly, pending the outcome of Manase’s court case.

The club even extended Manase’s contract during that same period.

So much for loyalty though - as soon as Manase was found guilty & the NRL tore up his contract the brothers all wanted out.

I reckon that $300k per year was all part of trying to keep the Fainu family loyal to Manly, pending the outcome of Manase’s court case.

The club even extended Manase’s contract during that same period.

So much for loyalty though - as soon as Manase was found guilty & the NRL tore up his contract the brothers all wanted out.

What are you talking about. Never let the truth get in the way of a story.

Samuela and Latu wanted to stay at Manly. Both were signed to end of 2024.
Seibold got rid of them and sold them to the Tigers.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8