The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And for weeks, every time Schuster is mentioned on Fox they refer to the $800k and show video on loop of him dropping the ball and completely missing a kick, haha let's laugh at that guy.

They are such great sports, not.
It's disgusting. Having said that, we all know the media, like our politicians, are simply a reflection of society's basest instincts. We are suckers to our emotional response. Drama sells.

We must live vicariously through the never-ending story of loser becomes winner, OR, winner becomes loser. Long may we froth

Seriously. What is the point of this story??!! (And I mean the story not the post). Whatever the reason Shu has ended up in this situation, why write a story like this? Talk about kicking someone when they're down!! And I know I've been critical of the way he played on the weekend but I think that's different to a journo pretty much saying - hey kid, you think getting dropped from Manly is bad, well no one wants you, you loser. Now go and chew that over while you're on personal leave. Pretty classy, I say.
Yep, they like to expose bullying and the mental health issues that can arise from that, yet here they are...

Now I consider Shane Richardson to be one of the code’s better administrators with a proven track record. Presumably he wanted to comprehensively end any speculation re: his current club’s interest in Schuster. However, perhaps ‘No’ would have sufficed.

From the SMH:

But when asked about having an interest in Schuster now, Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson told this masthead: “There’s none, zero, zip. Nothing.”

“He was never linked to this club during my time. I’ve never spoken to his manager, I’ve never spoken to him, and I’ve got no intention to.”

Now I consider Shane Richardson to be one of the code’s better administrators with a proven track record. Presumably he wanted to comprehensively end any speculation re: his current club’s interest in Schuster. However, perhaps ‘No’ would have sufficed.

From the SMH:

But when asked about having an interest in Schuster now, Tigers chief executive Shane Richardson told this masthead: “There’s none, zero, zip. Nothing.”

“He was never linked to this club during my time. I’ve never spoken to his manager, I’ve never spoken to him, and I’ve got no intention to.”
Man, he's just a footy player not a serial killer. Just weird.

Those sort of responses have the same ring as ‘the coach has the full support of the board’ and then gets sacked straight after. I am pretty sure some of the other teams would be willing to take a punt on Josh. If anyone could sort him out I think it would be bellamy, it wouldn’t surprise me if the RLPA and nrl pulled some strings and a club got salary cap exemption to keep Josh in the game

Certainly a contrast with Josh's standing in the game when his very impressive form for a good part of season 21 is reflected on and quite a few commentators mentioning him at one stage as a possible S O O bolter and as opposed to the time since .
Obviously not the only previously well rated or emerging i st grader whose playing status has dramatically fallen away for a short or extended time and in a situation of then having to resurrect their career somehow if the circumstances allow .
Really think that the injury factor or ramifications has been the most serious problem , just a bit of a vicious cycle , out of action for a while and fitness and attitude [ including training ] problems really working against him getting his career on a more consistent basis .
Has not helped either with his own lofty expectations and talking up his abilities when that was not where he was in the ratings at that stage
In many respects , still would seem probable or at least possible that he can somehow get his career back on track , just very unlikely at Manly going forward .
Not out of the question but just on the low side even though it would be an appealing prospect if it could eventuate
Looks like also the club has just about given up that they can do any more or provide any more opportunities for this to maybe occur and from many indications , can "t blame them really

I don’t think this is the club kicking him to the curb with disgust, more, we’ve tried and maybe a change of scenery is best for Josh. It’s not working out so have a fresh start.

I also think a club will definitely pick him up on a train and trial deal.

My concern with him is not just attitude and conditioning, I think he is one of those terribly injury prone players. Not through bad luck but physiology.

I also suspect part of his problems with conditioning are genetics. I don’t think he has grown into an athlete. As he has gotten older and filled out, he has shown a lack of athleticism. I don’t know that lots of training is necessarily going to revolutionise his physique. It might help but not completely transform.

Apart from his body not being in shape I think Josh has really struggled since his boyhood best mate died at the beginning of the 2020 pre-season - RIP Keith Titmuss - All the best Josh
Quite likely. Like Josh himself, Keith was a very big bloke, not in great shape, and to see him drop dead at training in distressing manner ... and have doctors unsure of the cause for 3 or 4 years ...
Yes it wouldn't shock me at all if that has played heavily on Josh's mind, whether consciously or unconsciously, whenever he is asked to push his body beyond its comfort zone.

Most young league players probably assume they are indestructible, but to have a doubt would really make training hard. Especially if you were never a fitness fanatic in the first place.

If Aloiai were to go, along with Schuster, we would have 1.225 million per year freed up in our salary cap for the coming years... Makes you think...

But Aloiai has been performing this year, and there's no problem with having one of our props in Blacktown as injury cover. I think Aloiai should stay, as long as he is performing.
Aloiai seems to be playing injury free now, and it shows with strong displays right from rd1. Competition for front row posses has never been more keenly fought for, and that's a good thing.

Someone may have already said this but Schuster might be better off going to Titans with Des. And if he is, perhaps we could do a swap with Fafita? Not that I rate him that highly at the moment at his best he's pretty destructive. He has an out clause coming up to leave the tits.

Someone may have already said this but Schuster might be better off going to Titans with Des. And if he is, perhaps we could do a swap with Fafita? Not that I rate him that highly at the moment at his best he's pretty destructive. He has an out clause coming up to leave the tits.
Fafita on the bench would be handy as a straight swap but wouldnt want him long term,

Yes he does at rd 10...interesting..

Okay, what's done is done. He's been given time off to unplug. Can these pigs in the media leave him alone now? Everyone has had their say. I hope the club give him time, space, support to recalibrate, and allow him to do what he wants to do.

Kids 22 years old. I really worry about his MH.

Guys, can we at least support him here? PLEASE? I get where you're coming from (all points of view), but he IS one of ours.

Let's nurture, support, validate and reassure him as part of the birdgang. It's just a sport , Afterall.

As many have said, I think he'd kill it in England. But it's a matter of where his heads at, going over there is obviously a big change.

Okay, what's done is done. He's been given time off to unplug. Can these pigs in the media leave him alone now? Everyone has had their say. I hope the club give him time, space, support to recalibrate, and allow him to do what he wants to do.

Kids 22 years old. I really worry about his MH.

Guys, can we at least support him here? PLEASE? I get where you're coming from (all points of view), but he IS one of ours.

Let's nurture, support, validate and reassure him as part of the birdgang. It's just a sport , Afterall.
Agree. I think the article published in Telecrap by Bulldog Ritchie is disgraceful. I have bagged Schuster all along, but now is not the time. No others (but the club) know what his mental state is and what issues he might have. Let him be and let him concentrate on his own health, wellbeing and future. I wish him well.

Agree. I think the article published in Telecrap by Bulldog Ritchie is disgraceful. I have bagged Schuster all along, but now is not the time. No others (but the club) know what his mental state is and what issues he might have. Let him be and let him concentrate on his own health, wellbeing and future. I wish him well.
The exact article that inspired me to write that, mate. Bulldog Ritchie would roll over his own mother in a concrete truck for a few clicks and likes.

So yeah, Josh is our boy. Show em all mate ! Come back a star (for us, or someone else). You have all the skills.

You could be anything.

The little ‘whip around’ by the SMH to CEOs of other clubs and their ensuing responses was, I think, inadvertently cruel.

I really hope Schuster can get over this, move on with his life and not fall into a deep hole.

Totally thinking the exact same thing. - as do many others here.

Putting aside the propensity for ceo's to b/s their way through life, there was no need for the tone of the article.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8