The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kids 22 years old. I really worry about his MH.

Guys, can we at least support him here? PLEASE? I get where you're coming from (all points of view), but he IS one of ours.
You are a great caring person @Ryan . I understand where you are coming from emotionally

I also understand the reality of the matter
The Kid is 22 years of age and at 17 years of age kids are old enough to become soldiers and go to war and see their mates heads and hearts blown out in front of them in flying pieces of flesh .

In many ways life is a battlefield and we must learn to pull our self together and get on with life and be able to fight every battle that comes our way

The Shu is very fortunate he has had great support from our great club and has been given many opportunities that he and his player Manager failed to take advantage

We are not sure what is in the Shus head but If his manager feels that Shu is incapable of coping with the pressures of NRL footy he then should do the right thing and free him from his playing contract and not stuff the Schu and our club around .

100% the responses from the clubs are because of the lack of clarity around Joshs' contract status. No one will be seriously considering signing him until the dust settles around his termination, which may take a long time especially if he and his management decide to challenge it in court.

If he goes on the open market without any strings attached he will definitely get some interest from NRL clubs.

I think the ESL would be a great option for him to fall back in love with the game. A lower pressure environment where he won't have to carry the baggage he has been unfairly burdened with.

In the end it is in Schuster’s hands…

plenty have had less skill and succeeded, plenty have had bigger weight issues and succeeded, plenty have had terrible injuries yet come back after them and succeeded, plenty have had adversity/loss and succeeded, plenty have been dropped by their first NRL club and succeeded…

…and there are plenty of ex-NRL players working on job sites or in offices after stints of varying length playing NRL…

there is life outside football and it is up to Josh to decide how badly he wants to make this his living…

If he does decide he wants it bad enough then he (along with EVERY other professional sportsperson) has to accept that critical commentary is part of the trade off and performances like the last 2 weeks for Blacktown are simply not gonna go unnoticed…

Last edited:
Guys, can we at least support him here? PLEASE? I get where you're coming from (all points of view), but he IS one of ours.
This x 1000. And he has been one of ours since he was 15, coming through our junior systems to play 50 NRL games for the club. That’s not nothing, so the idea that he’s never achieved anything or done anything for Manly is ridiculous. Some of his play has been breath-taking, some hasn’t. But he has contributed to the Manly team, and we shouldn’t forget that.

I have no inside knowledge but...
Just because the club has, reportedly, told Shoe he can explore his options elsewhere doesn't mean the club doesn't want him to remain and work his way back into First Grade. Shoe must have plenty of friends and supporters within the club; surely it's the best and safest place for him to stay.
I can't see how going to a foreign club would help him. They don't know what he is going through and would be less sympathetic to his mental state. If another club was interested in the Shoe then it would be purely because they think he'd help them win matches.
The Shoe's issues are surely more complex than football related. I hope, if he still wants to follow a football career, that he remains at Manly and tries to gain enjoyment from the Sea Eagle mates around him.

I have no inside knowledge but...
Just because the club has, reportedly, told Shoe he can explore his options elsewhere doesn't mean the club doesn't want him to remain and work his way back into First Grade. Shoe must have plenty of friends and supporters within the club; surely it's the best and safest place for him to stay.
I can't see how going to a foreign club would help him. They don't know what he is going through and would be less sympathetic to his mental state. If another club was interested in the Shoe then it would be purely because they think he'd help them win matches.
The Shoe's issues are surely more complex than football related. I hope, if he still wants to follow a football career, that he remains at Manly and tries to gain enjoyment from the Sea Eagle mates around him.
Similar to my thoughts, does he really need a change in environment or spend some time with a physiologist, he has ex professional sporting family that are close to him, you would think they are supporting him with the rigours demands of having your body right.

Des to the rescue!

Matty Johns believes Titans coach Des Hasler is the best coach to get Josh Schuster’s career back on track as it emerged that all 16 remaining clubs are not interested in the Manly star.

Although some space for Josh may be nice.
It might just be me but I'm getting a little irritated with all these "journos" talking about how Shu needs to find a Club with better systems, or coaching staff or people who understand him better. And this comment is not about Shu himself, coz to be honest, I'd still like him to get himself sorted and play some part with us, if he wants. But as @Ryan noted earlier, the Club is in pretty good shape relative to recent years. There's a renewed focus on "lower" grades, a CEO that seems to have a plan, a coach that seems to genuinely care about this players and a team that looks pretty happy and relatively settled.

All these comments in the media feel like a backhanded way of saying we have a sh*tty Club. Or maybe I'm just being a bit sensitive. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 116
It might just be me but I'm getting a little irritated with all these "journos" talking about how Shu needs to find a Club with better systems, or coaching staff or people who understand him better.

All these comments in the media feel like a backhanded way of saying we have a sh*tty Club. Or maybe I'm just being a bit sensitive. 🤷‍♂️
No I think you’re on the money.

It might just be me but I'm getting a little irritated with all these "journos" talking about how Shu needs to find a Club with better systems, or coaching staff or people who understand him better. And this comment is not about Shu himself, coz to be honest, I'd still like him to get himself sorted and play some part with us, if he wants. But as @Ryan noted earlier, the Club is in pretty good shape relative to recent years. There's a renewed focus on "lower" grades, a CEO that seems to have a plan, a coach that seems to genuinely care about this players and a team that looks pretty happy and relatively settled.

You were backed up by big Gordie last night. Fletcher mentioned he needs to find better at another club and Gordie jumped straight in and said you have DCE & Turbo... where is he going to get better! Nice one Gordie

You were backed up by big Gordie last night. Fletcher mentioned he needs to find better at another club and Gordie jumped straight in and said you have DCE & Turbo... where is he going to get better! Nice one Gordie
I thought it was DCE and Jake that Geordie mentioned… regardless, we obviously have great leaders (including Polynesian role models) in our team but, for whatever reason(s), the environment is not working for the Schu…

Chez’s comments last season - that he would hate to see Schu waste his talent - were the canary in the mine… it is certainly not like Daly to call a player out publicly like that yet here we are, almost 12 months later, and the club is cutting Josh adrift…

I don’t take it as “Manly’s system is crap” rather than it just has not worked for Josh and he would be better served by going into a good system that is gonna focus on developing him rather than to a titans or tigpies type system where securing your next contract is considered to be what success looks like…

Worth while listen..

I am more confused after listening to Dave Riccio try to “explain” where Manly sit with regards to financial liability…

How much are they locked in for? Surely they are not topping contracts up to a contract value of $625-800k for the sake of making Josh feel better?

Does it mean that Manly will chip in a portion towards a minimum contract if it means Josh lands on a roster?

While I think it’s sad it’s come to this, I do think the club gave him every chance to get fit & break into (& cement a) first grade spot.

Remember at the start of last season he was dropped for some reason & made his way back in, well it happened again over the offseason & it appears he hasn’t learned from his past mistakes but the club has.

The club even offloaded a fellow lazy trainer & foodie in Suli, perhaps hoping with him gone Schuster would finally get the program.

All of his other brethren have either moved on (Fainus, Tuipulotu, etc) or buckled down & gotten serious about their footy (Olakau’atu & Saab).

I feel for Schu, especially re: the Titmuss (R.I.P) situation, but he’s obviously not in the right place mentally to be under the pressure he’s under.

I hope he can take some time out & rediscover his love for the game & find some determination & hunger to succeed along with it.

Apparently the other NRL clubs have registered interest levels in Schuster. None good.

Except the Dragons. That tells me Flanagan knows him and isn't willing to go down that path.

I am more confused after listening to Dave Riccio try to “explain” where Manly sit with regards to financial liability…

How much are they locked in for? Surely they are not topping contracts up to a contract value of $625-800k for the sake of making Josh feel better?

Does it mean that Manly will chip in a portion towards a minimum contract if it means Josh lands on a roster?
I don’t think the media really no other than maybe a few bits and pieces that may have been leaked.

Really refreshing that the club only want tge best for him, fantastic tge way they are looking out for him during this challenging period.

Apparently 15 other NRL clubs have registered interest in Schuster.

Except the Dragons. That tells me Flanagan knows him and isn't willing to go down that path.
Where did you hear that V8?

Other media is saying nobody is interested… I hope other clubs are going to take a look at him because he has more talent than plenty of players in the NRL…

I don’t think the media really no other than maybe a few bits and pieces that may have been leaked.

Really refreshing that the club only want tge best for him, fantastic tge way they are looking out for him during this challenging period.
Yeah there is a piece on the NRL site where Seibs is saying that Josh’s welfare is his priority…

In the end, business decisions sometimes suck but they have to be made I guess…

Where did you hear that V8?

Other media is saying nobody is interested… I hope other clubs are going to take a look at him because he has more talent than plenty of players in the NRL…

I was actually in the middle of editing that. I realised I'd put the wrong thing.

No clubs seem to be interested in him. Including the Dragons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8