The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see the whole feeling and consensus on here about Schuster has made a drastic change since the time of his extension. Hate to say it... but told you so!
Yep you got me on this one.

I'll throw my hands up, all the talent in the world and I thought he could get back on track.

He still may be not here it seems.

I do think the most likely situation is that it is what it as and the club is just cleaning the club of player not putting in. However, there is a part of me that would love to see him fulfil the talent he has at Manly. Anyone think there is a remote possibility that the club is doing this as a last chance rocket up the arse for him and they hope this might motivate him?
Don't think I've ever seen a situation where a club has told a player publicly to move on and then a miraculous turn around. Not going to happen here. Manly have laid their cards on the table.

Just hypothesising here. But is there the possibility that tartak and josh were pushing for first grade selection even though his form has been **** and he’s out of shape and manly have come out saying he can look for another club to cause a bit of a media frenzy where other clubs will literally state they aren’t interested. It counters manlys hand being forced and makes josh accountable.

Just hypothesising here. But is there the possibility that tartak and josh were pushing for first grade selection even though his form has been **** and he’s out of shape and manly have come out saying he can look for another club to cause a bit of a media frenzy where other clubs will literally state they aren’t interested. It counters manlys hand being forced and makes josh accountable.
That would certainly be a satisfying counter to Tartak's BS. But either way the relationship between Schuster and the club is surely in the toilet now. I hope he gets off our books before June 30 because our squad depth desperately needs a boost.

SCHUSTER INTEREST BUT NO ONE SAYING

NRL clubs are really good at playing mind games and putting up smokescreens around recruitment.

Publicly, Manly’s 16 premiership rivals have all said they are not interested in Josh Schuster.

Privately, two clubs have contacted his manager Mario Tarak in the last few days.

Not with offers, but with expressions of interest and questions around his wellbeing.

Obviously, Schuster would have to take a massive pay cut, but watch this space in regards him getting another opportunity.

SCHUSTER INTEREST BUT NO ONE SAYING

NRL clubs are really good at playing mind games and putting up smokescreens around recruitment.

Publicly, Manly’s 16 premiership rivals have all said they are not interested in Josh Schuster.

Privately, two clubs have contacted his manager Mario Tarak in the last few days.

Not with offers, but with expressions of interest and questions around his wellbeing.

Obviously, Schuster would have to take a massive pay cut, but watch this space in regards him getting another opportunity.
Where is this from?Interesting that they’re saying he’d have to take a pay cut.Because I wonder if this story was written by one of the journos who’ve been saying for a while and especially this week,that Manly will have to fork out the difference

Where is this from?Interesting that they’re saying he’d have to take a pay cut.Because I wonder if this story was written by one of the journos who’ve been saying for a while and especially this week,that Manly will have to fork out the difference
By Buzz,

The game is faster these days. Maybe back in the 70's or 80's he could have gotten away with it but in this day and age fitness levels and stamina are vital if you want to make it in the NRL. He was even struggling in Reserve Grade. He still has time to turn it all around but he is going to have to start from scratch and get a new highlight reel happening.

Struggling Schuster vows to fight back after Manly blow​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weidler

April 14, 2024 — 5.32am

Troubled Manly star Josh Schuster has vowed to fight back after being tapped on the shoulder by the Sea Eagles six months before his rich contract extension even kicks in.
The Sea Eagles have given Schuster permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite being contracted until the end of 2027.

It is sad and unfortunately predictable for those who understand the depth of his issues, which are far too personal to discuss. What is obvious is that he is not in a good state of mind and has been struggling for months. He is not in a state to play top-level rugby league.
In a statement to this column, Schuster said he needs time away from the game, but he is not naive about what a crucial stage it is in his NRL career.

“I know I’m at a really important stage of my career – I don’t want to waste my talent,” he said. “I’m disappointed that things are not working out at Manly because I was really hoping to make it here.
“Right now I have to admit my mind is on lots of other things. I need time and space to get it right. I know I will with the support of my family and friends ... and I really have the desire to make it back, get to the top and stay there for a long time.”
Josh Schuster is looking for a new club.

Josh Schuster is looking for a new club.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS
Some of the attacks on Schuster have been hard to watch.
We are not pretending to know all the ins and outs of what has happened at Manly but, on the surface, his failure to deliver on his potential and price tag make it an easy decision for the Sea Eagles, who now concede privately they did a bad deal when they re-signed Schuster in June.

What is hard to understand is the “weight clauses” in his deal, which can trigger a breach of his contract. This has been denied by his management, but clearly the story is coming from somewhere.
Just a few weeks ago Manly were still saying they would persist with Schuster, doing whatever they could to get him fit and firing, but he has not looked capable of playing first grade this season. It is an unfortunate demise.
Despite clubs publicly distancing themselves from Schuster, his agent says there is interest.
“Currently, Josh is on leave for two weeks for personal reasons and it’s paramount that his welfare comes first,” manager Mario Tartak said.
“The amount of support shown from the NRL community has been overwhelming. Several clubs have shown interest, although we will assess and take our time in making any decision.”

Struggling Schuster vows to fight back after Manly blow​

Danny Weidler

By Danny Weidler

April 14, 2024 — 5.32am

Troubled Manly star Josh Schuster has vowed to fight back after being tapped on the shoulder by the Sea Eagles six months before his rich contract extension even kicks in.
The Sea Eagles have given Schuster permission to negotiate with rival clubs despite being contracted until the end of 2027.

It is sad and unfortunately predictable for those who understand the depth of his issues, which are far too personal to discuss. What is obvious is that he is not in a good state of mind and has been struggling for months. He is not in a state to play top-level rugby league.
In a statement to this column, Schuster said he needs time away from the game, but he is not naive about what a crucial stage it is in his NRL career.

“I know I’m at a really important stage of my career – I don’t want to waste my talent,” he said. “I’m disappointed that things are not working out at Manly because I was really hoping to make it here.
“Right now I have to admit my mind is on lots of other things. I need time and space to get it right. I know I will with the support of my family and friends ... and I really have the desire to make it back, get to the top and stay there for a long time.”
Josh Schuster is looking for a new club.

Josh Schuster is looking for a new club.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS
Some of the attacks on Schuster have been hard to watch.
We are not pretending to know all the ins and outs of what has happened at Manly but, on the surface, his failure to deliver on his potential and price tag make it an easy decision for the Sea Eagles, who now concede privately they did a bad deal when they re-signed Schuster in June.

What is hard to understand is the “weight clauses” in his deal, which can trigger a breach of his contract. This has been denied by his management, but clearly the story is coming from somewhere.
Just a few weeks ago Manly were still saying they would persist with Schuster, doing whatever they could to get him fit and firing, but he has not looked capable of playing first grade this season. It is an unfortunate demise.
Despite clubs publicly distancing themselves from Schuster, his agent says there is interest.
“Currently, Josh is on leave for two weeks for personal reasons and it’s paramount that his welfare comes first,” manager Mario Tartak said.
“The amount of support shown from the NRL community has been overwhelming. Several clubs have shown interest, although we will assess and take our time in making any decision.”

"What is hard to understand is the “weight clauses” in his deal, which can trigger a breach of his contract. This has been denied by his management, but clearly the story is coming from somewhere."

The only paragraph in this marketing statement on behalf of CSM that should warrant a strongly worded rebuttal from CSM via the mouth piece and yet there is a denial.

There is nothing hard to understand and the use of quotation marks on the two words is in essence a limp acceptance by CSM that there are more than just "weight clauses" inserted into his NRLPA/NRL approved/registered playing contract, there are performance criteria that need to be met.

I'm also quite irritated by both media agencies, Newscorp and Nine Media on their insufferable position in maintaining and promoting this mantra that young Josh "needs to go to a stronger club... be coached by and within a stronger system..."; enough with this utter garbage.

He, Josh, may benefit from a different approach to football in a different system et cetera however, please do not denigrate our club or insert that our club is not strong or does not have the appropriate systems, training methodologies.

It is becoming somewhat boring and frustrating to read and hear about this when it is in fact, a load of codswallop.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8