The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I just think you have 1 club that is genuinely exceptional atm.

I think this year has been more competitive than most before it.

So I dont think the competition is bad. Just one club is good.

Up to other clubs to lift their game
I agree the season was pretty good and competitive but even from the start it was pretty obvious that Panthers would win the comp again. Apart from a couple of games the final series has been terribly one sided. .

Whats the point NRL having a salary cap, albeit a loose salary cap, to even out the talent in the teams, when the NRL have onfield rules and a style of refereeing that just produces lopsided contests anyway.

Storm got fatigued and played terrible, but is there any reasons Panfas in the fisrt 25 minutes got all those penalties and six agains, when no one but the referee and the Panfas could even see any penalty or six again.

The lopsided score tells you the referee didn't need to do anything but just let the teams play and Penrith probably win. But at least the game might have been a contest.
Not a big fan of the 6agains, it's an easy decision for the refs to mske that goes unscrutinized by the fans in the midst of a chaotic game. Would rather a penalty be given for the ones that are the really obvious ones insted of the dumbfounded ones that the fans can't work out.

Whats the point NRL having a salary cap, albeit a loose salary cap, to even out the talent in the teams, when the NRL have onfield rules and a style of refereeing that just produces lopsided contests anyway.

Storm got fatigued and played terrible, but is there any reasons Panfas in the fisrt 25 minutes got all those penalties and six agains, when no one but the referee and the Panfas could even see any penalty or six again.

The lopsided score tells you the referee didn't need to do anything but just let the teams play and Penrith probably win. But at least the game might have been a contest.
It's not just the six agains, the Storm got pinged for a forward pass TWICE in the first half.
How the refs can make definitive calls on those two passes but not the other twenty or so in any match is ridiculous.

I just think you have 1 club that is genuinely exceptional atm.

I think this year has been more competitive than most before it.

So I dont think the competition is bad. Just one club is good.

Up to other clubs to lift their game
1 club can be exceptional but we are talking about another club who could upset that exceptional club. Since the inception of the NRL we have had plenty of different premiers each season with the exceptional clubs at the time still making finals, grand finals and would win one but would also lose one to another hungry team in the grand final.

Only problem with the Warriors winning will be them getting flogged in the grand final. I hate the Donkeys but if any team can give Panthers a contest it's the
Yeah, you're; right it's either a **** game tonight with warriors getting done by a million or a **** GF next week if the warriors win

It's not just the six agains, the Storm got pinged for a forward pass TWICE in the first half.
How the refs can make definitive calls on those two passes but not the other twenty or so in any match is ridiculous.
I forgot that. They were flat passes at best and even if let go it would never have given Storm any advantage. It's like the officials must sit around the coffee table on Monday morning high fiving each other about how clever they are at a picking a pass thrown 5mm forward.

The NRL needs to officiate on the basis that if there is no advantage gained from the supposed infraction, then do nothing. Keep the whistle in the pocket and shut up ffs.

Clearly Panfas need the help they are so untalented and uncompetitive.

Not a big fan of the 6agains, it's an easy decision for the refs to mske that goes unscrutinized by the fans in the midst of a chaotic game. Would rather a penalty be given for the ones that are the really obvious ones insted of the dumbfounded ones that the fans can't work out.

Again, the NRL officials were asked to drive us from Sydney to Hornsby and now we're still in the car and we're passing Nambucca Heads.

The six gain was introduced to replace where a referee would call a penalty. Instead what we get is them calling six agains for things that they never would have given a penalty for.

And one of the big advantages rugby league, AFL, NFL and soccer have over RU is you can see and understand what is going with referees penalties. Now in NRL no one watching has any idea why the six again is given, you just have nod your head and move on like RU fans have to do.

Again, the NRL officials were asked to drive us from Sydney to Hornsby and now we're still in the car and we're passing Nambucca Heads.

The six gain was introduced to replace where a referee would call a penalty. Instead what we get is them calling six agains for things that they never would have given a penalty for.

And one of the big advantages rugby league, AFL, NFL and soccer have over RU is you can see and understand what is going with referees penalties. Now in NRL no one watching has any idea why the six again is given, you just have nod your head and move on like RU fans have to do.
Agree, what's really perplexing for the fans is they (6agains) seem to come out of the blue and for the life of me can't really see how they come about and for the most tiniest indiscretion.

Also, forgot to ask, what's with the traveling comments...passing Nambucca Heads ?

Yep there is a big reason why Penrith got those calls in the first 25mins, and it is Bellamy starting that big over rated grub with **** for brains, Nelson Asofa Solomona

The Panthers ran hard and got to their front quickly nearly every play. The result was that the Storm had to try and infringe or slow them down or else they would concede a quick play-the-ball with scattered Storm defense. Regardless of the team, the ref usually gives a six-again or a penalty in this case.

What people should be asking is how the Panthers manage to run hard every single week, compete on every play and hunt as a pack in defense, with a low injury toll and little to no fatigue... for 4 years straight.

The Panthers ran hard and got to their front quickly nearly every play. The result was that the Storm had to try and infringe or slow them down or else they would concede a quick play-the-ball with scattered Storm defense. Regardless of the team, the ref usually gives a six-again or a penalty in this case.

What people should be asking is how the Panthers manage to run hard every single week, compete on every play and hunt as a pack in defense, with a low injury toll and little to no fatigue... for 4 years straight.
100% correct. The Storm never get questioned, but what they have done going all in on 4 big money spine players at the expense of their forward pack isn’t a squad built for success, and they’ve been killed in the middle by the good teams. Their only potential forward weapon is more interested in dog shotting smaller guys than taking a hit up

Jeez I hope the Warriors win tonight. That would be so funny. I hate the Broncos
The only thing better than that would be to see the donkeys awarded the wooden spoon for 2023 after losing... can we make it happen? New rule NRL? Whenever the donkeys lose they get instant wooden spoon status, complete with a ceremony where Abdo or V'Landy award them an actual wooden spoon. 🤔 :clap:

Jeez I hope the Warriors win tonight. That would be so funny. I hate the Broncos
Funny you should think this, woke up this morning thinking the Warriors have won, like some mirage like dream that just seemed to real...mmm..interesting!!

Funny you should think this, woke up this morning thinking the Warriors have won, like some mirage like dream that just seemed to real...mmm..interesting!!
What would be better seeing the broncos get beaten tonight by choking against the Warriors? The media would go off if that happened. Or watching them get a right royal rogering by the Panthers in the GF and watching them cry next week? I can't choose ...... both are good options.

What would be better seeing the broncos get beaten tonight by choking against the Warriors? The media would go off if that happened. Or watching them get a right royal rogering by the Panthers in the GF and watching them cry next week? I can't choose ...... both are good options.
It could all go south pretty quickly for the Broncs if the Warriors get of to a start, rack up 2 early trys then watch the panic set in. Anyways, sure is going to be an interesting match up all the same.

Exactly what is wrong with rugby league at the moment. The sudden string of penalties and 6 agains kills one side , completely gases them and virtually decides the game in the space of a few minutes. You could penalise nearly every tackle in every set. Stop penalising unless it's a blatant infringement. The knit picking selective rubbish that the refs get focused on is killing the game. So what is someone lays on for an extra nano second or is slightly offside. Just let the game be played the way it's always meant to.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12