The Penn, the Barrett, and the Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trent 73 games 40% win for manly
Anthony 19 games 42% win

I am pretty good a predicting the future and I recon Seibold will be replaced by a coach with outstanding potential and promise from the west tigers.

Anthony 19 games 42% win

I am pretty good a predicting the future and I recon Seibold will be replaced by a coach with outstanding potential and promise from the west tigers.
pretty sure penn is working on a virtual coach . one that delivers a half time spray from chat gpt to save funds.

Anthony 19 games 42% win

I have my own thoughts on the future.Either Seibold won’t be sacked early as Penn won’t want to be embarrassed or Penn will talk about sacking Seibold but by that time comes around,Isaac Moses will have 20 odd of his clients in the squad and will threaten to pull those players out of Manly if Seibold is moved on,running the risk of losing stars like Sharon Woods,Condon and Lodge

Last edited:
Yeah even Des couldn't get us firing under this Penn tenure. The rot set in with the twin failures of sacking Tooves and not re-signing DCE at a decent price (because they went all in on Foran who shafted us anyway).

But ever since then it has been pop-gun forwards, ineffective backs, and overpaid stars.

I actually like what Siebold is trying to do with the roster but it's lipstick on a pig whilst we have a third of our cap tied up in three players.

Stats speak well for for Seibold in this post. I’m still not convinced. Don’t really get Manly vibes from him.
I think a lack of mongrel.
Glad he questioned the ridiculous sinbin last night though.

It was a **** time to inherit manly as a coach. The tartak influence has not helped this season one bit.
i think seibs has done a reasonable job with what he has. Dce has moved closer to the action and benefitted from that. Paseka has improved out of sight. burbo looks promising and there is no way matterson is in the squad if des is coaching. While he hasnt set the world on fire its refreshing . The brooks signing for that price is a masterstoke as lodge appeared to be

the coaching incentives that penn had in place does nothing for long term planning or succession

losing both fainus was understandable but highlights the short term approach manly coaches need in this structure .No room on the cap for tomorrow as seibs mighr not have a tomorrow.latus wage was in our 30, surely there was a way to give us a better footing to compete. Samuela looks a really good 13 And something we lack .I think players like keppie and bully are not making the side as often as they could to force them to look elsewhere as they are not in the plans. I suspect the lawman is on this list. I hate wasteful money of any kind but quite simply he isnt funding the club to compete.

tom has either been out or on one leg the entire season yet we will out perform last season

under penn manly did no apply to the NRL to replace matai or brett stewart, have not replaced turbo . His goals do not align with manly fans

ive always wondered if he was always a tight arse control freak , or wether the war and its ugliness steeled his resolve. There were times where big money was part of that war , he was painted as a dip **** and had very little control at times . That **** could change anyones community spirit .maybe that is just him.

After following the fortunes of this club for 60-plus years I'm resigned to its ultimate demise unless something radical changes. That could either be a wealthy new owner, like Easts' have with Politis, where money buys success or a joint-venture with a region that produces endless talent, such as Fiji.
We wasted our opportunity to tap into the South Island of NZ, but it's not too late to set up a formal arrangement with the Pacific Islands and become, say, Manly Pacifica.
It is plain to see that RL continues to be dominated by Pacifica players so if we want on-field success we need to capture the young talented Polynesian players before other clubs do. I'm sure the NRL would be delighted about an exciting new dimension being introduced into the premiership
Currently we are an under-funded suburban club with limited juniors, low membership and dwindling prospects. We will continue our downward slide, and it can't be too long before we 'win' our first spoon.
Surely even Biro-Boy can see this!

Seibs judgement as a coach should come next season. So far It’s not looking good for him but you never know.

To win the comp you either need

• the junior cattle (penrith, broncos) and/or
  • have the deepest pockets (Rooters) and/or
  • An all-time great coach (melbourne)

If you don't have at least one of those then you stand little hope to lift the trophy.

Back in Manlys premiership years we often had the coach and the deep pockets. Those days are gone and the competition is hard to win for a club like Manly.

Penn gives up an on-field advantage every year by playing our home game against the Broncos in Brisbane. There isn't a rugby league soul in existence who doesn't realise that makes it harder for Manly to win that game. Penn knows it too but hey, it makes money for him, so there you have it.

Penn gives up an on-field advantage every year by playing our home game against the Broncos in Brisbane. There isn't a rugby league soul in existence who doesn't realise that makes it harder for Manly to win that game. Penn knows it too but hey, it makes money for him, so there you have it.
Guaranteed he's already given up another home game for his Vegas side hustle commencing next season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8