The player we really miss?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oldfield will come good. He deserved to be dropped but he is the goods and will prove this in time. Confidence is a funny thing. He did nothing wrong yesterday. To compare rookies with seasoned first graders is pretty hard. Both Jorge and Oldfield have a lot of improvement left in them and once they are consistent they will be stars.

Top End Eagle said:
Should have played on the wing for the blues on plenty of occasions - Turner, Mcmanus, Quinn all got starts over him.

Agree with Kiwi - although he was ultra reliable he had lost a couple of yards of pace last year and with snake at the back we struggled at times with any real power coming off kick returns in that left corner.

Tafua provides plenty of that now but is dodgy under the high ball - he will get better but I can't work out why Whare didn't start against the Broncs over him.

I think Tafua will end up in the back 'row/covering some backline positions interchange' role in a couple of years pushing Harrison up to prop - can't believe how much size the red nut has put on from last year.

So it's not just me that think Harro's gotten huge this year, and his kept his work rate up as well

Imo the player we miss has been K. Foran, though Liam has filled in with solid performances.
Looking back at 2012 so far thers been 2-6 players out every week, but I take this thread as players not on the 2012 roster.
Robbo will always be missed, the ultimate clubman & 1 of the most underrated Manly player of all time.
Time to ruffle some feathers on here - player missed most from last years team is Hopoate. Made most metres almost every game offering massive kick returns & was imo the 2nd best dummy half runner in the game behind Hodges. Also had freakish talent reserved by only a handful of NRL players.
Player I like more- Robbo. Player more missed on the field - Hopoate.

Taufua has gone a fair way to replicating what Hoppa did for us last year, that's early in the set metres and its crucial in the battle for field position. The way he hits the line means he's rarely dominated in the tackle and it usually relates to a much better play the ball and easier metres for the next guy taking a hit up. He hasn't had the brilliance yet of what Hoppa did, but he's doing all the grunt work.

clontaago said:
The player we really miss (when he is out) is Glenn Stewart.

When he plays we take it to another level.

^^ This. Without a doubt.

As for Robbo, as much as I loved him I think our wing stocks are more than adequate at the moment. The only question mark is Jorge under the high ball.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8