The pride jersey round.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you will be happy for any "inclusive" symbol as long as it avoids any reference to gayness???...
Haha yes that's probably the issue, it's OK to say everyone is welcome in league but its too confronting to say gays are!
Bit like the commentators that tut tutted about 'crashing Womens round' or such drivel with the everyone in league jersey, as though inclusivity is not an issue that has anything to do with women. (Are there people who don't know what the L stands for in LGBTQ etc?)
By the way, I note we don't get to see much of the excellent Megan Barnard these days. One of her replacements on Fox in particular has mastered the art of being able to smile continuously while speaking, its not as easy as it sounds but makes her look very um.. opposite of butch so not offensive or confronting for (hetero) male viewers.

Last edited:
there would be more power in making it a gay pride day without the jersey NOW. If the agenda is to break down barriers the jersey, as seen by this site alone, will just build more. Let the crowd embrace it as i feel a lot will, have the image plastered everywhere but on the players. Get a few cocktail bars on the hill, go nuts. If individual players want to participate get some rainbow tape made so they can headband or wrist band up.

once is stupidity, twice is stubborn arrogance or just someone looking for headlines
The only problem with this approach James is that it's designed specifically to avoid the issue. Isn't it? I suppose the ideal solution would be to simply have a banner on the NRL website saying 'Everyone is welcome in league', that way the NRL has covered its PC arse, no-one is offended (but no-one has to question their attitudes).

No idea what the NRL will do but yes ideally after seeing what happened to Manly they will do something game-wide or at least acrosss all clubs.

I have never seen anything like that Manly inclusive jersey design to any traditional gay pride branding. The only overlap is the choice of multi-colours. Can you point to a multi-coloured transitional fade through a white hoop on a block colour (let alone maroon) that was ever used to trumpet gay pride? I'm happy for you to share it because I've never seen it before.

So, you will be happy for any "inclusive" symbol as long as it avoids any reference to gayness???...

Seriously .... you need to get out more ... even all the media outlets call it a "pride" jersey ...

And I notice that none of the other groups wishing to be "included" got their nickers in a knot or were offended ... only the gays .. so it was pretty obvious to everybody but you ... the symbolism of the "rainbow" ...

And please don't infer or put childish interpretations on my position ... it is not about me, or you, it is about including everybody, and that even includes Christians with different social and religious beliefs than you.

The only problem with this approach James is that it's designed specifically to avoid the issue. Isn't it? I suppose the ideal solution would be to simply have a banner on the NRL website saying 'Everyone is welcome in league', that way the NRL has covered its PC arse, no-one is offended (but no-one has to question their attitudes).

No idea what the NRL will do but yes ideally after seeing what happened to Manly they will do something game-wide or at least acrosss all clubs.
Your point is solid and supported., but moving forward the issue is just awareness And allowing the people to embrace Not all progress is as quick as it should be. But i would hate to see us avoid it completely . A compromise of sorts needs to be made

if the players stand by their faith a second time the club is doomed and probably deserves too.

Can we have a Crucifix Jersey for world peace at Easter as well
And then a Jewish Jersey
Followed by an atheist and a Moslem and Hindu one
Lets not discriminate
The rainbow discriminates against nobody

The seven are going to hell anyway playing out a stadium named after a manufacturer of alcohol and wearing a jersey with a gambling company emblazoned across it..... Morons

Oh wait, hang on... that's not the traditional hoops jersey. So, Pepsi worshipping is fine as long as we don't go anywhere close to gay symbols?
Another long bow
Pepsi was a paid sponsor
The pride jersey was not, it was a promotion.
There is a difference.

Can't believe this is still going on

Well, if they are smart they will be working overtime with some graphic designers to come up with a "symbol" or "Logo" that ultimately can be seen to represent Inclusiveness ...

Rather than try to bullshiite people that the Internationaly recognised and time honoured Gay Pride symbol .. the rainbow ... had suddenly changed it's meaning to now mean ... Inclusivity ... what a lot of bollocks ..

And I am certain that all players would happily support the notion of inclusiveness ..
Unless you're including homosexuals, bisexuals or transgender it seems, hatred to them while hiding behind god is fine right?

**** everybody who would not recognise these people as not worthy of inclusion, so basically anyone who believes in a homophobic God

Unless you're including homosexuals, bisexuals or transgender it seems, hatred to them while hiding behind god is fine right?

**** everybody who would not recognise these people as not worthy of inclusion, so basically anyone who believes in a homophobic God

Thanks Socrates ... the depth and insightful wisdom you bring to a topic is nothing less than inspiring ... your grasp of all the issues involved leaves lesser, mortal thinkers, floundering ...

Your ability to condense the facts down to .... "derp, I don't agree with them, so they are not worthy of inclusion" ... will be chiselled onto stone tablets to educate and remind future generations of your beautiful mind ...

Another long bow
Pepsi was a paid sponsor
The pride jersey was not, it was a promotion.
There is a difference.

Can't believe this is still going on
So, if gay pride “paid” for the jersey then it would change everything, and it would all be cool?

So, if gay pride “paid” for the jersey then it would change everything, and it would all be cool?
If gay pride paid for sponsorship to have their name on the jersey for the year and not one off nor at the expense of changing the Manly jersey colours then yes it would.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
And please don't infer or put childish interpretations on my position ... it is not about me, or you, it is about including everybody, and that even includes Christians with different social and religious beliefs than you.
Well, they (7) were included. That was the point of an all-inclusive jersey. They (7) chose to exclude themselves for some reason that has yet to be shared.

If gay pride paid for sponsorship to have their name on the jersey for the year and not one off nor at the expense of changing the Manly jersey colours then yes it would.
Keep digging, you’ll hit Beijing in time for the CCP Conference on Sunday

Keep digging, you’ll hit Beijing in time for the CCP Conference on Sunday
Mate you're forgetting what you originally posted
A tangent to suit your agenda
You tried comparing the pride jersey to our Pepsi manly jersey Bozo posted.

It's Apple and oranges and your your the one digging holes to plant both.

Trying to compare a major sponsor jersey for a period of time to a one off promotional non sponsor jersey to make some sort of homophobic insinuation is absolutely ridiculous.

I believe a safer option would be a Pide jersey round, appropriately enough highjacking the Anzac round, rather than the Women in League round.

The jerseys could be of an edible substance, with their flat profile mimicking Manly’s final performances of the 2022 season.

I believe a safer option would be a Pide jersey round, appropriately enough highjacking the Anzac round, rather than the Women in League round.

The jerseys could be of an edible substance, with their flat profile mimicking Manly’s final performances of the 2022 season.
And you watch the Shu make the most tackle, even our own team.

Thanks Socrates ... the depth and insightful wisdom you bring to a topic is nothing less than inspiring ... your grasp of all the issues involved leaves lesser, mortal thinkers, floundering ...

Your ability to condense the facts down to .... "derp, I don't agree with them, so they are not worthy of inclusion" ... will be chiselled onto stone tablets to educate and remind future generations of your beautiful mind ...
I don't think you can read as well as you think you can

It gets worse
I recently had a birthday, I was gifted,
A sign for the man cave about Manly Men doing Manly things
Followed by
Some sensitive deodorant,
A colouring book with rainbow highlighters
Rainbow coloured glue tac .. didn't even know it come in other colours than grey
Rainbow sprinkles
Rainbow butterfly bracelet and a manicure set.

Carnage is an understatement, had me questioning my manliness 🤣

But it was funny as fk opening them.

Oh wait, hang on... that's not the traditional hoops jersey. So, Pepsi worshipping is fine as long as we don't go anywhere close to gay symbols?
Yeah thats right

I started composing a detailed post looking at both sides of Rainbowgate. It was looking pretty good until I suddenly realised I wasn't going to waste my off-season on this **** again. So **** it. I am done with this specific topic until it rears its ugly head again in 2023.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4