The Rant I need to vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Ok we have been found out over the salary cap on these stupid third party deals which at best are DODGY DEALS that are NRL approve.
Now some teams seem to get these deals through easier than others. We seem always to be pushing £€it up hill to get them through while others have no issues.
Also we have continue to shed loads of players over the years and been lucky to pick up better players than we lost. There are some teams that somehow lose a couple of players but pickup better players. (Roosters)
NRL must know what is happening but seem to target teams that are not premiership contenders. Parramatta the last team to be targeted not really a contender but if history is correct they should win it either this year or next and we should be a good chance in 2020.
But the NRL don’t know/ don’t care.
Honestly I don’t have any answers but the NRL should but don’t.
Greenberg please step down as this continues to happen while your in charge which shows you have no respect in the game. STEP DOWN NOW
Vented sorry

You know, I'm not sure Easts have improved their roster.
An ageing Cronk, and Teddy V Pearce in his prime, Gordon, Guerra, Evans and a few others who've joined Newcastle.
I'm also happy with the squad we have, retaining our stars but adding 5-6 of the hottest prospects from the premiership-winning Under 20s who will be pushing established first graders to get their chance.
I think we'll have a slightly better crack at the premiership in 2018 and, if our young squad keep on their natural improvement, we should be pushing for the highest honour in 2019 and 2020.
The NRL will never get the better of us.

NRL must know what is happening but seem to target teams that are not premiership contenders.
Dogs were miles ahead when busted.
Storm also definite contenders.
Even Eels had delusions of grandeur.
Your rant is admirable, lacking only in factual basis, otherwise - exemplary!

Ok we have been found out over the salary cap on these stupid third party deals which at best are DODGY DEALS that are NRL approve.
Now some teams seem to get these deals through easier than others. We seem always to be pushing £€it up hill to get them through while others have no issues.
Also we have continue to shed loads of players over the years and been lucky to pick up better players than we lost. There are some teams that somehow lose a couple of players but pickup better players. (Roosters)
NRL must know what is happening but seem to target teams that are not premiership contenders. Parramatta the last team to be targeted not really a contender but if history is correct they should win it either this year or next and we should be a good chance in 2020.
But the NRL don’t know/ don’t care.
Honestly I don’t have any answers but the NRL should but don’t.
Greenberg please step down as this continues to happen while your in charge which shows you have no respect in the game. STEP DOWN NOW
Vented sorry

Well vented rant! Go get them @Rambo1987

images (1).jpeg

If people screwed up and openly deceived the NRL, then I have no problem with them banning these officials.

What is hard to cop is that our club is thrown to the wolves unlike the heaven and earth moving effort that Greenturd gave the Whingers in 16.

All you want is fairness and transparency and the NRL have made decisions of late that breach the merits of the salary cap by allowing the Hayne Drain the chance to play for Parramatta for under half his value and you know that this will be offset by third-party payments.

The cap is broken and its time the clubs came together and agreed on some fair governance. For example, there should not be a cap plus third-party payments. You say to each club, the cap is a total of 12 million and if anything over that is spent then severe penalties must be administered.

If people screwed up and openly deceived the NRL, then I have no problem with them banning these officials.

What is hard to cop is that our club is thrown to the wolves unlike the heaven and earth moving effort that Greenturd gave the Whingers in 16.

All you want is fairness and transparency and the NRL have made decisions of late that breach the merits of the salary cap by allowing the Hayne Drain the chance to play for Parramatta for under half his value and you know that this will be offset by third-party payments.

The cap is broken and its time the clubs came together and agreed on some fair governance. For example, there should not be a cap plus third-party payments. You say to each club, the cap is a total of 12 million and if anything over that is spent then severe penalties must be administered.
Just remove the cap and be done with, clubs will either spend big and flourish, spend big and go broke or run their club like a business and also flourish--- or just make up the numbers.

The above is happening with a cap but at the same time limiting the players earning capacity----never a good thing.

In my opinion the NRL have been gunning for Manly for a very very long time.

Just remove the cap and be done with, clubs will either spend big and flourish, spend big and go broke or run their club like a business and also flourish--- or just make up the numbers.

The above is happening with a cap but at the same time limiting the players earning capacity----never a good thing.

Yes gunning for us big time, I’m guessing they just don’t want us , they’d be happy to see us die and vanish, **** them I say , **** them all!!

Yes gunning for us big time, I’m guessing they just don’t want us , they’d be happy to see us die and vanish, **** them I say , **** them all!!
Just pay the fine and be happy it is not derailing us in the middle of the season.

Manly are a small club, we can't afford to drag this in the media for too long, pay up and be done with.

Best to be hit when we don't really have to shed players, it's good for the reputation of the club that Manly has been or "appears" more pro-active in getting their books in order and paying within their means this past few years---be it forced due to the Stewart/Matai saga or not.

Manly relative to other teams this past couple of years are more cap compliant than most teams in the comp.(zero facts just an educated opinion)

You can see Manly more than most clubs have been refining the skill/art of finding the true performance value in players---MoneyBall if you like.

The NRL is still moving into the fully professional era and pretty much most clubs have poor recruiting analysis of players----not really knowing what skill and physical attributes make up a good player/ team composition. Keep refining in this area to stay on top of the curve shows huge growth for the next 5 years---- until teams play catch-up.

The NRL not allowing Manly cap space concessions for Stewart and Matai was their way of playing hardball for all the years of gunning at Manly. (in my opinion)

Last edited:
Many people have this theory TC and, from what I've seen, I don't doubt it.
I wonder if you have an idea as to how long this has been the case and if you have in mind an instigating incident?

Many people have this theory TC and, from what I've seen, I don't doubt it.
I wonder if you have an idea as to how long this has been the case and if you have in mind an instigating incident?

I imagine it was probably all the kids at school picking on Greenberg for not being manly...

could still be hatred left over from the super league war

I still have the hatred against SL.
It wouldn't suprise me if the old SL clubs had it too.
The only difference was that we were on the side of loyalty and honourable intentions.

You would think that parts of the N R L administration would just have moved on and got on with things after the S L episode but there could still be some lingering resentment . This should not affect the N R L 's level of professionalism but unfortunately this current N R L not only lacks this trait and some impartiality but also just adequate competency

My suspicion it is agenda driven. They see us as vulnerable and are trying as hard as they can to push us over the edge to reduce the number of Sydney teams. Better us than the dogs.

I still have the hatred against SL.
It wouldn't suprise me if the old SL clubs had it too.
The only difference was that we were on the side of loyalty and honourable intentions.
You mean we were on the side of Packer, not Murdoch. History may not look kindly on our choices back then. We were loyal first and foremost to our godfather, who happened to be ARL chairman at the time. A discussion for another day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8