The Reality....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld said:
I'm really starting to think we cannot continue to carry the 4 ageing props we have. Maybe 2 of them but seriously Rose isn't up to first grade and Joe and Kite are struggling to keep pace as well. King busted his guts last night but I dont think this rotation is going to take us too far this year.No other club would buy Rose,Joe or even Kite at this point not even strugglers Penrith,Parra,Raiders,Knights.

Very negative post.

If we didn't have King and Kite (these ageing props you mentioned) we wouldnt have a chance to put up a performance like last night. I think you just don't understand how classy and top notch these these player are right now.
Maybe we should replace these two with Kasiano and Burgess or something and lets see how you go, I think you would be suprised on how soft Manly would become,

Don't take these players who gave you two premierships and made three grand finals for granted. You may not see it, but they are still a class above.

George Rose on the other hand, I'd swap him for a bowl of oranges. This year and last year he has been absolute rubbish. Bring back Mauro.

maybe im a sore looser but !!

the dogs are better this year no doubt. they have an experienced coach but please their roster is one of the best in the game.

perrit,inu,pritchard,graham,- internationals

morris , barba , ennis - have been are or will be origin players.

i still believe that the ball has bounced their way more than other teams and this helps results...

now according to the feild position and stats last night the dogs defence was FANTASTIC ( boo hoo )

did manly offer anything testing while we had that possesion ??? we still couldnt get to our kick on the 5th !!! this helps teams defend superbly when one out stuff is run at the line..

the manly of last year would have posted points. i just hope we make the 8 and hit some of that magic form when the time is right !!!

example of the ball bouncing their way again last night !!!
1.wolfman in the corner
2. first try they scored
3. soft penalty on the 4th glen stewart high tackle
4. matai 4th tackle penalty soft high tackle.
5. barba arsyy off the post try !!!

this helps results

F##k the scum pits of dogs

Darren said:
Keiran's on 650k! He'd better shade Reynolds! That's why we pay franchise money for! DCE as well!

I am still waiting for our million dollar halves to start playing like it as well. They wanted the money, now start dominating some games! You can't say the forwards didn't lay a platform last night...

If we were more structured in attack, were working more to a plan we would have put them to bed by half time.

They seemed to have us covered for most of the night.

But I agree we have plenty of improvement left.

Last year we had a very lucky year as far as injuries were concerned. If we had an injured player (eg Snake or wolfman we always had a replacement in Hoppa jnr).This we have had so many injured or suspended players we are always shuffling the team around and are not developing combinations.That was the difference between Manly and Canterbury on Friday night. If we can have the next few weeks with a relatively stable team eg no more major injuries or suspensions, those combinations will come back and so will the confidence and wins.

We are no chance of missing the 8. As has been posted before fri night's game could have gone either way and Manly didn't have the rub of the green. However the defensive effort by the Dog's was remarkable and JUST managed to repel a surging Manly.

The Dog's got the points BUT at a huge cost. If I was given a choice to just lose and have all the players come through injury free or to just get the 2 points and lose DCE and Watmough(our most impactful fwd as Kasiano is to them)....I would take the narrow loss in a heartbeat. Manly restored my faith in this years challenge. I honestly cannot see the Warriors, Broncos, Knights or Titans beating us in the last 6 rounds. The Cowboys and Bunnies are the biggest danger games. If we win 5 or 6 we are in the top 4. Even top 6 we are a big chance.

The win WILL most def have an impact on the Dog's run home. Kasiano and Keating are huge losses and with Halatau and Hodkinson out for the season the Dog's will lose a few in the run home.

Tafua is absolutely going to be something extra special and his impact with Matai will be our new weapon on the run into September.....as T Rex was last year. The addition of Sao, Chee Kam and Richie F next year already has me excited. I think next year we will see Manly make a play at a big name fwd as we will have Joe G, Be=rent Kite and George Rose all coming off contract. HAPPY DAYS!:cool:

I am excited about next year too but I do think we need an extra back next year to cover for either Snake or Wolfman if either/or both get injured. Clint Gutherson is still too young and inexperienced for a regular spot. We need an experienced player who will cover like Hoppa did last year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2