The Sharks money woes.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have thought Perth would be a much more suitable city for a relocated NRL team. Hence Perth Sharks. We are decades away from having another league team in Adelaide.

DSM5 said:
Eagle-rock08, have you seen 'Who killed the electric car'? A disturbing doco on the power of the oil elites. And I'm old enough to remember the largest electric tram network in the Southern hemisphere, right here in Sydney. Torn up by the polies after pressure from the oil industry. Interesting that the tracks were dug up in the weeks that followed their demise, so that no returns for them. On the climate change debate, I always hedge on the conservative side and would like to see our dependence on fossil fuels decrease and our pursuit of materialism decline. the roads are already choked and getting more so. If that would assist the planet's survival for my grandchildren, then all good. And I'm not sure we live in a democracy any longer 08.

Hi DMS5 - No I haven't seen that doco but I think it would be interesting. I also would like to drive a pollution-free car. We do need to clean up our act but I object to paying and getting nothing in return and that is what it seems to me at the moment.

And I take your point our freedoms are being slowly but surely reduced as time goes on.

DSM5 said:
They'd get more followers in Adelaide than through the turnstiles of Gummie Park. Where do you think they should go Stevo?

Ideally they would stay where they are. Apart from that i don't really care where they go.

One thing i will say is, Adelaide aren't currently bidding for inclusion into the NRL. So what makes people think the NRL would accept this type of relocation? Isn't it more likely to be Central or SE QLD, Perth or the CC?

The Central Coast Sharks has a nice ring to it actually!

On an environmental note, i don't see a problem with exploring green energy to save the environment. Global warming or no global warming.

Whatever lowers my bills!

eagle-rock08 said:
DSM5 said:
Eagle-rock08, have you seen 'Who killed the electric car'? A disturbing doco on the power of the oil elites. And I'm old enough to remember the largest electric tram network in the Southern hemisphere, right here in Sydney. Torn up by the polies after pressure from the oil industry. Interesting that the tracks were dug up in the weeks that followed their demise, so that no returns for them. On the climate change debate, I always hedge on the conservative side and would like to see our dependence on fossil fuels decrease and our pursuit of materialism decline. the roads are already choked and getting more so. If that would assist the planet's survival for my grandchildren, then all good. And I'm not sure we live in a democracy any longer 08.

Hi DMS5 - No I haven't seen that doco but I think it would be interesting. I also would like to drive a pollution-free car. We do need to clean up our act but I object to paying and getting nothing in return and that is what it seems to me at the moment.

And I take your point our freedoms are being slowly but surely reduced as time goes on.
The only pollution free car is a solar powered one, a lot of fossil fuel has to be burnt to produce electricity unless it's nclear powedred or hydro electric

Mals said:
I would have thought Perth would be a much more suitable city for a relocated NRL team. Hence Perth Sharks. We are decades away from having another league team in Adelaide.

Perth cant even support an A-league soccer team I doubt anyone is going to risk it on an NRL side.

mickqld said:
Mals said:

Perth cant even support an A-league soccer team I doubt anyone is going to risk it on an NRL side.

Perth fans feel they've lost their connection to the current A-League team. Previously, they've have been amongst the biggest, fanatical supporters in this country and it was huge in the late 90's and early 2000's. But poor management decisions and a perceived sense of 'damn the members' from the owner(s) has driven many away.

If the strategic decision of Perth isnt made in the near future then we shouldnt waste any more of our time & resources on the Storm in Melbourne.

Jatz Crackers said:
If the strategic decision of Perth isnt made in the near future then we shouldnt waste any more of our time & resources on the Storm in Melbourne.

The storm over the next couple of years will pay dividends - last year had a 16's team with A 70% Vic rep.

From what I've heard we had a few WA players in our underage teams this year.

Despite the Storm, League is still bigger in Perth than Melbourne. The local competition is a better quality despite no NRL club there.

Many over there (and on this side of the country) wrote off WA as a future location post-SL, and the local league did suffer as a result of the Reds being removed, but their present situation on the back of excellent growth, especially at junior levels, is futher proof of the code and it's fans resilience.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6