The Taufua is Awsome Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jorge was the absolute stand-out for us and that makes it two weeks in a row. No way did I think we would find a replacement for Hoppa but he is his equal and that is saying something. Someone with brains had better be lining up a contract upgrade.

Wow. I cannot believe how blindly I bagged this kid at the start of the season. Well shame on me. You are a weapon Horhay!

I thought Oldfield played well tonight too. Better than Whare on the wing thats for sure.

He is the hoppa of 2012 awesome few weeks from him

I hope so Dan. He's had a brilliant couple of weeks.

Hoping he keeps it up for at least 2 more weeks.

Going great guns!

Jose Taufua ‏@yo_jorgetaufua
#EagleNation take a bow we heard yall, felt like brooky! Truly humbled 4 all support ~ we on again next week! #TurntUp #godbless

Thanks Jose (?), love your work:angel:

PS - how good were the "Tate/Thurston's a Wanker" chants :p

MWSE said:
Wow. I cannot believe how blindly I bagged this kid at the start of the season. Well shame on me. You are a weapon Horhay!

I thought Oldfield played well tonight too. Better than Whare on the wing thats for sure.

Well you were not on your own in the bagging. Many others on here were also into him every week. I mean it was not like he was playing his first season in first grade, he should have been a world beater from his 1st touch. People need to understand the young ones need time to find their feet, crazy to bag a kid after a handful of games when all he did wrong was look shaky under the highball. He always looked to have bucket loads of potential. He was huge last night, again. Love the big fella. He looked very nervous in his post match interview but I thought he did well, obviously pretty shy.

i remember posting months ago that his dropsy under the high ball was masking a potential superstar.The mask has well and truly gone now.

A great game again - that run in the second half when he got past defenders in his own in goal was special. Every time he touched the ball we expected something. I like that he is backing himself close to the line now, he used to seem a bit tentative.

I too questioned him, but really started watching him closely after the round 8 Doggies clash, you may remember Snake gave him a huge rap in the post match interview, I thought, he must see something I don't yet see, but that's good enough for me

Buyer be wowed as Manly's bargain rookie goes from zero to hero

Date September 16, 2012

IT IS the $0 contract that looms as Manly's secret weapon to becoming the first team since 1993 to defend their premiership title.

Following the departures of grand final winners William Hopoate and Michael Robertson at the end of last season some predicted Manly could struggle out wide but an unwanted rookie has stepped in to fill the void.

Not rated by his junior club Parramatta and with no other NRL side knocking on his door, Jorge Taufua joined the Sea Eagles last year for literally nothing as he chased his rugby league dream.

Taufua was the man of the match in Manly's controversial win against North Queensland on Friday night, scoring a try and setting up another in the 22-12 triumph.

Advertisement

While his performance usurped that of Cowboys ace Johnathan Thurston - the player many expect to become rugby league's first million-dollar man - Taufua signed for only $30,000 this season.

His manager, John Frare, revealed Taufua has become one of the best bargain buys in recent seasons.

"He didn't earn a cent last year from football," Frare said. "It was more of an opportunity and getting him over to Manly. He played fullback for the bulk of the season in the under-20s."

His impressive performances for the youth team led to him being awarded a bargain basement contract extension this year plus a $3000 per NRL game bonus.

Barring injury, Taufua stands to earn almost $70,000 if Manly reach the grand final.

"He was playing at Parramatta but they didn't think he was good enough to play in their under-20s team and wanted him to play in the back row which he didn't want to do," Frare said.

"[Manly assistant coach] David Penna saw him and liked him and he has done a lot of work on him."

Taufua inked a two-year deal worth double his current contract earlier this year.

Frare said at the time there was little interest in the 20-year-old but in recent weeks he had been inundated with rival clubs inquiring about Taufua's contract status.

Taufua ran for 268 metres on Friday night with North Queensland representative prop James Tamou (226m) the only other player to crack the 200-metre mark.

"When he set up that try for Brett Stewart it was one of the first times I've seen him smile on the football field," Frare said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/buyer-be-wowed-as-manlys-bargain-rookie-goes-from-zero-to-hero-20120915-25yys.html#ixzz26ZzWTf2s

Even other teams supporters are showing interest in him, plenty of people at work have been asking me about him and telling me how good he has been going the last few weeks. Hope we can keep him.

How incompetent are the recruiting people at Parramatta. How could they let Tafua go yet sign Sandow on huge money? Fair dinkum they've got no idea. Good for us though he's a star, no doubt about it and contracted for two more years.

Sumdumguy said:
How incompetent are the recruiting people at Parramatta. How could they let Tafua go yet sign Sandow on huge money? Fair dinkum they've got no idea. Good for us though he's a star, no doubt about it and contracted for two more years.
I prefer their recruiting people to be incompetent. Wouldn't want to see the eels win another premiership now would we.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2