The team left broken by NRL halves transfer circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just relax guys, we have some young guys on small coming through that we can give a go. I'd rather save some pennies and give Hastings a go (as well as goal-kicking), than spending a million a year for Pearce/Maloney/Moylan.

Yes, we've lost Green, but we already have a top, top playmaker. We don't need a marquee half to partner Chez. Bring in a youngster and give them a go!

Just relax guys, we have some young guys on small coming through that we can give a go. I'd rather save some pennies and give Hastings a go (as well as goal-kicking), than spending a million a year for Pearce/Maloney/Moylan.

Yes, we've lost Green, but we already have a top, top playmaker. We don't need a marquee half to partner Chez. Bring in a youngster and give them a go!
History says your assessment is wrong, Chez does need a quality halves partner and the 2016 season proves it.

I’m not panicking as I have faith in the players we have and the club. Media beat up story just managers cronies trying to flog the players in their stable at inflated prices.

DCE goes OK without a halves partner constantly crabbing across him. This is actual footage of Walker from 2016...

giphy.gif

Exactly. The way some people carry on no new players would ever get a start because they need 5 years first grade experience and be a marquee signing. Look at Cleary. Started from juniors and hasn't looked back.

Green was no world beater. I don't know why people think this. Must have been watching different games to me. He was just an average half with a good passing game. Great in play kicking but had no running game at all. Defence suspect also.

He is replaceable and I think we will have no issues filling his position.
Well said , who said your Batty .

DCE played pretty well in 16 when parcel was at 9. Walker had to be in the team when he was released early and we still had matai and Lyon. I like API but DCE was the only focal point in attack when he was playing in 16. We will be alright people.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think Green isnt going to be missed. He did so much for this side, Cherry-Evans and co repeatedly told us he was a massive part of the improve and was the main man in the side. We need someone to fill that void badly because we know from history DCE and the team will struggle without someone running the show. Croker to me sounds like he is having a golden off season and was a promising youngster but has been injured since 2016. Give him a crack.

DCE played pretty well in 16 when parcel was at 9. Walker had to be in the team when he was released early and we still had matai and Lyon. I like API but DCE was the only focal point in attack when he was playing in 16. We will be alright people.
Dce played horrible all 2016, he went missing. The only good games we had was when Api was at 7 and dce was injured.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think Green isnt going to be missed. He did so much for this side, Cherry-Evans and co repeatedly told us he was a massive part of the improve and was the main man in the side. We need someone to fill that void badly because we know from history DCE and the team will struggle without someone running the show. Croker to me sounds like he is having a golden off season and was a promising youngster but has been injured since 2016. Give him a crack.

Yes but ... what green added remains ....

Greens biggest contributions were structure and a 2nd attacking option on the 5th tackle. He was a 5/8 that played to a game plan and pattern ... something Walker was incapable of. Green the actual player was/is nothing special. And those patterns and structures remain ...

It is just possible that one of these young players parachuted into the already well established team actually improves and adds t Greens performance.

Walker isn't a half. Waste of time comparing him to players who have and will continue to be in the halves.
Walker was trumpeted as a 5/8 when we signed him wasn't he ? Played all his junior footy there and was looking forward to the challenge...blah....blah...blah. Seems he fooled Bozo and Baz among others

Yes but ... what green added remains ....

Greens biggest contributions were structure and a 2nd attacking option on the 5th tackle. He was a 5/8 that played to a game plan and pattern ... something Walker was incapable of. Green the actual player was/is nothing special. And those patterns and structures remain ...

It is just possible that one of these young players parachuted into the already well established team actually improves and adds t Greens performance.
Hope so id love for one of our young halves to cement a spot.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8