The Telecrap has to be kidding teaching ppl how to do the haka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've seen it all now, I just clicked on the poor excuse for a newspaper and found this story, they have listed the words and the meanings behind the haka in an attempt to gather support against Manly, what a joke. An Australian organisation teaching ppl how to do another countries war dance, they should hang their heads in shame and be banned from news stands, bannished to the scrap heap where they belong!
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/new-zealand-warriors-set-to-be-spurred-by-thousands-of-fans-performing-haka/story-e6frexnr-1226148557354

what a joke ! Hows the bloke saying the more people standing the better, i say we do what england did in the yawnion world cup, drown it out with our own war cry Manly clap clap clap Manly clap clap clap ! Let it be heard that were stronger ! Drown it out !

You can't seriously be too upset about that? I love Telecrap bashing as much as the next man, but aren't we getting a little bit too precious? They have a picture of a kid on the front page who was named after Beaver for gods sake!!!!! :)

Copa Eagle said:
wouldnt it be awesome if we drowned out the haka though ? how many league clubs get that opportunity ?

Why bother? It will probably be counter-productive. We will drown it out not long after the kick-off - on the scoreboard.

Seriously, let them have their haka. I couldn't give a sh!t.

I like the fact that the man leading the haka performance is named Martin while the organiser of the crowd haka is named Bruce.

I feel it needs more Trev !

we need to organise something to drown this out when this happens

whether its my garden shed or the manleeeeee chant

Jatz Crackers said:
I like the fact that the man leading the haka performance is named Martin while the organiser of the crowd haka is named Bruce.

I feel it needs more Trev !

I bet there is a few Dylan's or Bryce's as well in that crowd.

Gotta say i disagree here. The haka is a very motivating, exciting part of sports entertainment. I also believ it is part of there tradition and heritage and we should show it respect. If manly are put out by this i encourage them to hand out soem manly lyrics or similar and apply to the NRL for there own crowd piece. Get a few manly boys out there leading a chorus or similar and drown them out that way

I love watching the haka regardless of who its aimed at and to be honest it will **** on anything the NRL will ever muster up for pre game entertainment

Someone needs to write a Manly haka,a crowd song or similar,( in good taste) distribute it, get the lyrics on the big screen and get there own heads out there. Get Manly to approach the NRL to make it happen. Bruce and marty obviuosly have to have there approval to be allowed on the field, so if manly are knocked back it will give us something else to bleat about

Dont sook, get busy and make it happen

what about something around the animals song

Where just a club who's intentions are good
Oh lord please dont let us be misunderstood

jbb/james said:
Gotta say i disagree here. The haka is a very motivating, exciting part of sports entertainment. I also believ it is part of there tradition and heritage and we should show it respect. If manly are put out by this i encourage them to hand out soem manly lyrics or similar and apply to the NRL for there own crowd piece. Get a few manly boys out there leading a chorus or similar and drown them out that way

I love watching the haka regardless of who its aimed at and to be honest it will s**t on anything the NRL will ever muster up for pre game entertainment

Someone needs to write a Manly haka,a crowd song or similar,( in good taste) distribute it, get the lyrics on the big screen and get there own heads out there. Get Manly to approach the NRL to make it happen. Bruce and marty obviuosly have to have there approval to be allowed on the field, so if manly are knocked back it will give us something else to bleat about

I have absolutely nothing against the haka, having spent 3 years working over there 11 years ago which has led to a long term parternship with a NZ company I helped build with my own here I feel as everyone else does, its good for the sport, but what I'm talking about is the games current owners newspaper promitting something that is essentualy designed to have a go at our team. But as others have said I'm not precious about it just that News is behind it!

the real fortynil said:
jbb/james said:

I love watching the haka regardless of who its aimed at and to be honest it will s**t on anything the NRL will ever muster up for pre game entertainment

I have absolutely nothing against the haka, having spent 3 years working over there 11 years ago which has led to a long term parternship with a NZ company I helped build with my own here I feel as everyone else does, its good for the sport, but what I'm talking about is the games current owners newspaper promitting something that is essentualy designed to have a go at our team. But as others have said I'm not precise about it just that News is behind it!

Yeah its good, thats not my point. **** the telegraph, they have there interests and they clash with us

They did this in other games as well, so its not just at manly, although the telewankers getting behind it isnt cool. BUT like des would say, we can only control us and manly fans should do something constructive to combat this

I would love to see the garden shed haka

Slap slap slap
argh cometo-my cometo-my garden shed
Is bigger than , is bigger than
its door and its window is huge my friend
i go to drink beer there when ever i can
my lawnmower lives there with all of his friends

ooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's not the Haka, it's a Haka.

Personally I hope people do it (aside from the Warriors fans). It'll be good pre-match entertainment to laugh at the numptie Manly haters.

The romper room version ?? Oh come with us and gallop, and gallop and gallop. oh come with us and gallop at romper room today

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8