The Tim Cleary Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hey I want Fulton to stay. He saved this club almost two years ago by at least bringing in some potential stars of the future. And the money available was very limited given back end contracts and the Matai-Stewart issue which has been hampering us since the beginning of 2016. By 2018 we'll be back on the rise. I just want Fulton to know the limits of his purview, and to stop thinking this is his realm. He's got a job, and when he does it, he gets things moving. But we needed a strong people manager like Cleary to step in and set the parameters. Fulton needs to swallow his pride a little and get on with saving Manly within the limits of his intended role.
At last - someone with rational thinking!

I hope you can sing along and join us manly76 because this Saturday night we will all be singing this song and celebrating a win against the cowgirls
We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.
Just to be clear, I like you and your passion @BOZO. Many of your posts are very funny and some insightful but at the moment you are getting on the verge of delusional. Are you off the meds. Go Manly ..... Non Feathered Friend

Hey I want Fulton to stay. He saved this club almost two years ago by at least bringing in some potential stars of the future. And the money available was very limited given back end contracts and the Matai-Stewart issue which has been hampering us since the beginning of 2016. By 2018 we'll be back on the rise. I just want Fulton to know the limits of his purview, and to stop thinking this is his realm. He's got a job, and when he does it, he gets things moving. But we needed a strong people manager like Cleary to step in and set the parameters. Fulton needs to swallow his pride a little and get on with saving Manly within the limits of his intended role.

It's not a Fulton-Cleary thing. Not should it ever be. We are Manly. We are above them.

Fact is, is that since Bobby became involved again, we have practically nothing better for it. Everything is worse. Player's morale must be so low. Not knowing if you're going to be told you won't play in first grade so go and look for another team, or someone like Parcell leaving quickly to have a hooker come in in Lussick who had no previous great form, BUT, is related to a family friend.

Bob Fulton has done nothing, correct, nothing at all that has improved anything at our club. Last year's results in EVERY grade proves that.

We are Manly, we are not here to help employ Bobby's Friends, moreso when some great people who have served the club well are let go to get them in.

The reason Tim Cleary is taking on Bozo
Still on Manly, and plenty of people on the peninsula are privately whispering that new chief executive Tim Cleary is mad for taking on club legend Bob Fulton.

‘Bozo’ remains one of the most powerful figures in rugby league and while the two declared a truce yesterday, there is no doubt some ill feeling is still there below the surface.

But I can reveal why Cleary took such a bold move - he has a contract every CEO in the league can only dream of.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...george-sam-l/fnb4gzx6cjs1ght74aqsqcz2/slide/2

The reason Tim Cleary is taking on Bozo
Still on Manly, and plenty of people on the peninsula are privately whispering that new chief executive Tim Cleary is mad for taking on club legend Bob Fulton.

‘Bozo’ remains one of the most powerful figures in rugby league and while the two declared a truce yesterday, there is no doubt some ill feeling is still there below the surface.

But I can reveal why Cleary took such a bold move - he has a contract every CEO in the league can only dream of.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...george-sam-l/fnb4gzx6cjs1ght74aqsqcz2/slide/2
How did they negotiate that deal ?? All seven board members ?? the FC must be big fans of Cleary too.

The FC are only 2 out of 7 seat Board.

They need to approve the hire/fire but the remuneration is up to the Franchise.
My point was that he can only be sacked if it is a 7-0 vote by the board according to that article. Therefore the Penn faction can't terminate him without the FC support - I presume that previous CEO's weren't signed on that sort of deal regardless of money.....clearly Joe Kelly wasn't.

Maybe it's an indication of a thawing in relationships between the two entities and they worked together on hiring Cleary ? I don't know....thoughts ??

My point was that he can only be sacked if it is a 7-0 vote by the board according to that article. Therefore the Penn faction can't terminate him without the FC support - I presume that previous CEO's weren't signed on that sort of deal regardless of money.....clearly Joe Kelly wasn't.

Maybe it's an indication of a thawing in relationships between the two entities and they worked together on hiring Cleary ? I don't know....thoughts ??
Cleary and Mrs King have been working with Kerry Sibraa from the FC, for decades trying to get a Brookie Upgrade, that would have helped St Augustine's get much needed extended facilities @:cool:

Not sure that 100% vote is needed for CEO appointment, probably more like 80%

Cleary is a Penn appointment, he is the Owner and wants to bring Manly into the corporate realm :)

I hope you can sing along and join us manly76 because this Saturday night we will all be singing this song and celebrating a win against the cowgirls
We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

Maybe at the Manly Bowls club

Has anyone listened to 2gb today to hear if they've mentioned the war ??
Fortunately I cannot !!

Maybe at the Manly Bowls club
Sing it loud feathered friend , sing it clear
Sing it everywhere
Knowing everyone will hear
find your voice tonight and join us faithful
Doing the Eagle rock
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
e7b6d2972a51ae5ba035151d8e92a214.jpg

Manly civil war reveals public anger at Fulton

Bob Fulton has been likened to boxing champion Manny Pacquiao as the fight for control of Manly continues to divide the club and community.

Club legend Fulton is at war with CEO Tim Cleary after the new Manly boss sacked the Immortal’s daughter, Kristie, a week ago as part of a staff cleanout.

HR has now been called in to interview all Manly staff, with Cleary basically telling club chairman Scott Penn to ‘sack me or back me’ over the Fulton axing.

Asked to dissect the drama, Channel 9’s Danny Weidler told the Triple M Grill Team: “Their office is very unhappy…(but) it’s going to be a really hard fight for CEO Tim Cleary to win against Bob Fulton.

“Fulton is like Manny Pacquiao. I don’t know if he’s ever really taken defeat too many times. I don’t know how he gets beaten on this.

“(Fulton’s) going to have media heavyweights on his side…someone like Ray Hadley’s going to be heavily in his corner as is Paul Kent, who is a firm Bob Fulton man.

“(But) Tim Cleary wouldn’t be acting like this if he didn’t have the green light from chairman Scott Penn to go after Fulton and get him out.

“Whether both can survive….I can’t see it happening.
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...les-bob-bozo-fulton/gf02342qlypc1f8kkmmnkv6ke

I missed that article. Can't believe Weirdler stole my 'back him or sack him' line and attributed it to Cleary!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10