The Turnaround

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
The reason for the turn around the last three weeks, is less about what we’re doing with the ball, and more about defence. Tonight, we looked angry. We had line speed and we were trying to smash the opposition on every tackle. Everything comes off the back of that.

It all comes down to D. Haumole, Jake and Croker were keen to maim tonight.

The reason for the turn around the last three weeks, is less about what we’re doing with the ball, and more about defence. Tonight, we looked angry. We had line speed and we were trying to smash the opposition on every tackle. Everything comes off the back of that.

This was exactly what the Coach and players were saying all along. We were just priming to come good. Des knew it, The players knew it, many on here knew and some on here just wouldn't look at reason and facts.

We lost to Penrith and Rooters in first 2 rounds not the cowboys and tiigers.

Nice way to make up some F/A deficit at the end. I like this killer instinct they are showing the last fortnight - a team they beat down with their defence isn't up to it and start to panic-push their plays, and we punish them.

Most impressive is that defensive effort the last 3 weeks. Great to score points, but I much prefer this gritty take-no-prisoners finishing style. And to win in the wet was amazing! Completion rate was rubbish by Knights - as it was Canberra last week - this is down to the defensive efforts forcing their hand, make no mistake.

Good to see Manly winning the games they should, and without Turbo at that. Now we just need to turn it on against the top 4-5 teams in the same way - but I am liking that we are beating teams many rate as possible top-8 fancies/chances (and yes, that includes the Dogs weirdly...all those signings had people duped).

Keep nailing down this consistency and defensive effort and we'll be there at the prickly end of the season.

Some were death riding us after round two.
All the Manly haters and even some fans wrote the season off.

I was disappointed to be last but wasn’t panicking, we lost against two teams many are expecting to be in the grand final.

We need to start better though and not leave it towards the end of the game.
In current form we aren’t top 4, but definitely top 8.
Defence is there, I’m sure the free flowing points will come soon.

Some were death riding us after round two.
All the Manly haters and even some fans wrote the season off.

I was disappointed to be last but wasn’t panicking, we lost against two teams many are expecting to be in the grand final.

We need to start better though and not leave it towards the end of the game.
In current form we aren’t top 4, but definitely top 8.
Defence is there, I’m sure the free flowing points will come soon.

Would be sweet to play on some more dry tracks. Literally playing in monsoonal stuff atm.

Last three weeks, we've allowed 6,6 & 12 points in against. How bloody amazing is that. That actually comes down to hard work and dedication. Trust in the bloke next to you.

Secondly, just me, or do they look like they are starting to have some fun?

That's when we excel.
Do we excel because we are having fun or do we have fun because we excel? Still too early to tell but it's fun while it lasts.

Only 4 tries conceded in the last 3 weeks. Very impressive. And we have been peppered on our line, our goal-line defence is just much more improved. Still feel like line speed at certain parts can be faster, we still get rolled through a bit. But I'm just loving the improvement.

I thought Tent had a big game tonight, plenty of good runs and had some sting in his defence, needs more game time, like to see him start the game with Alioia.

And 30 points without Turbo is quite impressive. Our defence has marked up and attack is slowly clicking. Our test will be in 2 weeks time when we play Sharks then Bunnies without Turbo but hopefully Schu back.

defence was great for sure but i thought our intent was the key. a very inspired TEAM performance

our team turned up in business attire instead of rolling out the party frocks they wear when tom is playing. really nice to see DCE in a tie

we kicked early, with intent, ran with intent and defended that intent

in particular DCE turned up with a leaders intent and the team demeanour or teameanor mirrored our captain as the team generally does, but this time in a good way, not bagging mr gilmore at all, was very impressive . he stayed away from ball playing and either kicked or passed early. i thought DCE found his role, and the team looked on the same page for once as they were committed to the same cause,

defence was great for sure but i thought our intent was the key. a very inspired TEAM performance

our team turned up in business attire instead of rolling out the party frocks they wear when tom is playing. really nice to see DCE in a tie

we kicked early, with intent, ran with intent and defended that intent

in particular DCE turned up with a leaders intent and the team demeanour or teameanor mirrored our captain as the team generally does, but this time in a good way, not bagging mr gilmore at all, was very impressive . he stayed away from ball playing and either kicked or passed early. i thought DCE found his role, and the team looked on the same page for once as they were committed to the same cause,
Welcome aboard the cherry express. Stopping all stations until gf day :)

Our defence really worried me after round 2. But Des and the boys have really got that sorted.

My favorite part about that period of around 2007 to 2013 was when something went against us and you could see the team bristle and attack with their defence. Commentators used to see it. Watmough, gift, skivvi, kingy would just crunch people with their defence. Even Gus gould would say 'they are gaining metres with their defence '.

We aren't there yet with this team...but looking better.

The forwards stood up last night in a big way. We need to see this aggression every week, and we will win way more than we lose. Our backs look world beating when our forwards roll through the middle.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8