The Untouchable Bob Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
when i was a kid mid 80's, i went to Lidcombe to watch manly play, and watched them warm up out the back, and as they finished and he went to walk up to the back of the grandstand i asked for his autograph, and he said ' no, not now mate'.

i don't like Bob Fulton either

I took groups of country guys to the GF's in the mid 80's-90's.

Manly used to have a Grand Final lunch on Friday before the game.

So over 3 years I bought about 120 people in paying say $100 a head ( in those days a lot of money ) , and as a thank you at the end of that Sea Eagles marketing gave me a bottle of port, inscribed with my business name.

I spied Fulton sitting up the front and thought , you beauty I'll get him to sign it for me.

So up I go, " excuse me Bob, I'm wondering if you could sign this bottle of port for me" , Bob " are you a club sponsor", me "
No just a boy from the bush who brings in money for the GF lunch " Bob " no, Bugger off I only sign stuff for full time sponsors".

Terry Randell was sitting at the table, heard the response and said " I'll sign for you buddy".

Fulton may be an immortal but doesn't make him a better man.

he wasn't the most famous forward at the time, but was a hard nut! i would have been 12-13 at the time.

Wondered if anyone remembered Darren Rodgers.

How does a selector, who is running at a 9 per cent success rate, maintain his role for 11 straight years?

In any other sport, a selector who has won one series out of the last 11 would simply be shown the door. Told ‘thanks but no thanks’. But this is rugby league immortal Bob Fulton. The untouchable Bob Fulton. And by being untouchable, Fulton simply goes under the radar.

The problem with having a sole selector is once he is locked on an idea, and believes he is right, it’s very hard to change his mind. What was Bob Fulton’s idea? It was Paul Gallen.

In June of 2014 Fulton suggested Paul Gallen was a future immortal.

“We talk about Darren Lockyer, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater as future Immortals, which is fair enough too,” Fulton said.

“It’s just that I’d include Paul Gallen in that company too. He’s the best NSW Origin forward I’ve seen”.

After losing the final match of the 2015 series 52-6, it was time for fresh ideas. Time to move Bob Fulton and Paul Gallen on. You can’t get a clearer indication that a 46-point hiding in an Origin decider.

However, if Bozo remained and with an inflated opinion of Paul Gallen, the captaincy wasn’t ever in threat of changing. So with a selector with a success rate of 10 per cent selecting a captain with a success rate of 20 per cent, is there any real surprise that NSW lost yet again?

They are lucky their success rates can’t drop much lower. Now Fulton sits at 9 per cent and Gallen 17 per cent.

NSW needed fresh ideas. They needed a captains talk, that when they heard it, wasn’t the same one they’ve heard for the last five years that often ended in a loss. They needed something else.

However, the got the same speech, and the same result.

And Bob Fulton remains as untouchable as ever.[/QUOTE
How many forwards are immortals? Are you suggesting gallen is not worthy?

@Hgbcds
FYI -those comments are not mine, I merely pasted in the Roar article of this Thread for those on mobiles :hi:

Gallen is irrelevant to me - mortal or immortal @:rolleyes:

It is quite simple as to why Qld keep winning. Its not the coach, the selectors fault. Qld are just a much better side. It is not rocket science.
..but NSW would win if only they would listen to me each year I's tells ya.

even funnier, after the game i went to Mark Pocock and said ' can i get your autograph Darren Rodgers'. he said,' I'm not Darren Rodgers mate'.

man i was looking for a hole to crawl into on the playing field.
images.jpg

I took groups of country guys to the GF's in the mid 80's-90's.

Manly used to have a Grand Final lunch on Friday before the game.

So over 3 years I bought about 120 people in paying say $100 a head ( in those days a lot of money ) , and as a thank you at the end of that Sea Eagles marketing gave me a bottle of port, inscribed with my business name.

I spied Fulton sitting up the front and thought , you beauty I'll get him to sign it for me.

So up I go, " excuse me Bob, I'm wondering if you could sign this bottle of port for me" , Bob " are you a club sponsor", me "
No just a boy from the bush who brings in money for the GF lunch " Bob " no, Bugger off I only sign stuff for full time sponsors".

Terry Randell was sitting at the table, heard the response and said " I'll sign for you buddy".

Fulton may be an immortal but doesn't make him a better man.

Lesson: You should've said you were a full time sponsor.

OBV!

:giggle:

I've "met" Bozo a couple of times. Both times he was pleasant enough and I didn't cop any attitude from him. I wasn't asking him for an autograph though, but he did happily pose for a photo with me at Origin a few years back. He seemed Ok to me.

Bozo was my idol when I was a kid. The best player I have ever seen. But any friend of Ray Hadley's is an enemy of mine. He obviously has issues. How could you spend that much time with Hadley and be a normal person?

Vaguely remember him - bet he didn't get asked for too many autographs. Pocock went alright. Think he played in 87 GF?
Vaguely remember reading Fatty's book and apparently he was great mates with Pocock he said something like Pocock had a face other people liked to punch as he was always getting into blues

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4