The Untouchables

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
The Untouchables of the NRL.

Ricky Stuart - worst coach over the last 10 years but they love him.
Ben Barba - most players who have been sacked but good PR saved him.
Gus Gould - comments on the NRL which would see club coach or players removed from the NRL all together.
Billy Slater - A grub of the game to Les Boyd proportions.
Todd Carney - been removed from 2 clubs for the same thing. (maybe a bit harsh but really I believe in no third chances)

Please add more.....

Cameron Smith forward pass from dummy half

Jarred Hayne no look pass - stupid low percentage play that invariably goes wrong, but is constantly greeted with a "wow" or "bwillyant" when it comes off 1 time in 10.

Billy Slater error - dropped bombs, fumbles, stupid passes, missed tackles, foul play. See these regularly but always brushed over, or treated with a "you won't see that again from Slater'.....ah yes you will, just tune in next week.

BENJI MARSHALL
Can make 20 errors but throw one good pass and he has a blinder according to media.

He isn't in the top 20 players in the NRL yet you constantly hear "arguably the best player in the world" when talking about him.

Dce
Foran
Cronk
Widdop
Thurston
Pearce
Reynolds
J Reynolds
Sutton
Maloney

If i was a coach there is 10 halves i'd rather before Marshall.

Napper said:
BENJI MARSHALL
Can make 20 errors but throw one good pass and he has a blinder according to media.

He isn't in the top 20 players in the NRL yet you constantly hear "arguably the best player in the world" when talking about him.

Dce
Foran
Cronk
Widdop
Thurston
Pearce
Reynolds
J Reynolds
Sutton
Maloney

I wouldn't have half of those names before Marshall

Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
BENJI MARSHALL

Dce
Foran
Cronk
Widdop
Thurston
Pearce
Reynolds
J Reynolds
Sutton
Maloney

Forgot about Carney > Benji

Cronk
Foran
Thurston
DCE
Reynolds

Those 5 imo are the 5 best halves in the game. Where would you put Marshall, KE?

MadMarcus said:
Kurt Gidley. I will never understand why he ever captained NSW...
Yeah, he sucks. But he is still miles ahead of Benji.

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
BENJI MARSHALL

Dce
Foran
Cronk
Widdop
Thurston
Pearce
Reynolds
J Reynolds
Sutton
Maloney

Cronk
Foran
Thurston
DCE
Reynolds

Those 5 imo are the 5 best halves in the game. Where would you put Marshall, KE?

MadMarcus said:

Reynolds im still yet to be fully convinced by just yet

The thing with Marshall is, he plays behind a pack that gets beaten most weeks, and everything is on his shoulders attack wise. Thurston plays behind a class pack but still can't get the job done on his own, that's where we and Melbourne are lucky to have good pairings, and they always have space and room.
I'd love to see Marshall play behind a dominant pack, he has all the skills, imagine if he had the space to consistently show them

Not just saying it coz he is a kiwi either, he is just 1 of those blokes you tune in to watch. Remember that game at Gosford a couple of years back ? We were in complete control and a 10min onslaught from him and all of a sudden we lose the game. Freakish talent, and not many halves on your list have the ability in them to do that. He does make his fair share of mistakes though, that is correct

Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Napper said:
BENJI MARSHALL

Dce
Foran
Cronk
Widdop
Thurston
Pearce
Reynolds
J Reynolds
Sutton
Maloney

Cronk
Foran
Thurston
DCE
Reynolds

MadMarcus said:

Reynolds im still yet to be fully convinced by just yet

The thing with Marshall is, he plays behind a pack that gets beaten most weeks, and everything is on his shoulders attack wise. Thurston plays behind a class pack but still can't get the job done on his own, that's where we and Melbourne are lucky to have good pairings, and they always have space and room.
I'd love to see Marshall play behind a dominant pack, he has all the skills, imagine if he had the space to consistently show them

Not just saying it coz he is a kiwi either, he is just 1 of those blokes you tune in to watch. Remember that game at Gosford a couple of years back ? We were in complete control and a 10min onslaught from him and all of a sudden we lose the game. Freakish talent, and not many halves on your list have the ability in them to do that. He does make his fair share of mistakes though, that is correct

Attack wise you are right, he can pull something from nothing but he manages to f*ck up a few times before getting it right.

The thing with our halves is they defend better than any halves in the comp. It's probably their biggest asset. I'd hate being a saints supporter and watching Soward chase a kick and be holding my breath to see whether he will make the tackle or not

Defence is something Benji lacks. The other problem is he is playing structured now. He is an impulse attacking half. Plays what he sees not a player who is suited under a structured attack.

There in lies the reason I think if Benji Marshall were moved to fullback he could be up there with the greatest #1s

Yeah mate his defence will never be up to the level of our boys. To his credit though I can't imagine how hard it would be to step in front of a front rower after having 3-4 shoulder reco's

Yeah he's been going well lately though. Dunno how, after that many shoulder problems you'd think it would hav **** itself again by now.

Tim Sheens was untouchable, always wondered how a guy with a 50% win record managed to last as long as he did.

Lost the world cup to NZ as well

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8