the Voice, and God save our gracious etc etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When you look back at history it is fair to say as so called parents of this nation ( Australia) England now part of the UK would be rated as somewhat dysfunctional parents. Children of bad parents who make it in life don’t necessarily worry about changing their parents and in a lot of cases not even their names because it is only symbolic.

From my understanding of the last referendum the strongest argument and most likely the prevailing one was that our current system ( the system itself works) and the case for change other than our growing distancing from traditional England did not offer a better systematic alternative other than being potentially problematic…

I btw personally don’t care much for the English monarchy.
May have been part of the rejection or others may say non acceptance of the Republican referendum . However my impression or main reason and indication was the model or lack of preferred model . Should have been 2 questions , Should Australia become a republic , yes or no , Then at least 2 options for a preferred model . Just based on public sentiment at the time , quite sure the i st proposal would have got up for Australian to become a republic . Question 2 , probably not a sufficient consensus so referendum still would have not succeeded . Will have to have a fairly good or clear broad based type of consensus for a preferred model in some future time to get another Republican proposal up .

Seems everyone agrees we should go back to not being part of the monarchy again.

There you go again .. just making stuff up ...
oh you mean like you and Red Pill saying I want to shut down opposing voices? Crush freedom of speech? Yep I really hate discussion, I’d never introduce anything controversial.
(must be a habit I picked up in my job as a secretary)

I have not mentioned, or accused indigenous people of whinging in any post I have made .. nor have I said a derogatory word against them ..
You may not have used the word whinging (someone did) but you were certainly disparaging about their demands for a Voice. Have you forgotten your I have a Dream post – I mean, they've got it all, what more could they wish for?

You may not have used the word whinging (someone did) but you were certainly disparaging about their demands for a Voice. Have you forgotten your I have a Dream post – I mean, they've got it all, what more could they wish for?

No ... again you completely misrepresent me .... I was never disparaging of the indigenous community .... I was however very disparaging towards politicians using them for cheap political stunts ....

On a Another note on the Voice .....

To the Manly forward that has the tenacity to take on the 2023 Manly forward Leader Role

Be a Manly Forward Leader Enforcer with a Voice and not an Echo !

dc085f4c932cf6b1507965d167a50d02.jpg

I posted this in the wrong thread so apologies for it appearing twice, it’s a little long but in my opinion very well articulated ( much more than I could ever do ).

Cairns News

‘Voice’ is a $235 million reincarnation of the corrupt ATSIC bureaucracy – ‘…a sick federal government…’

Editor, cairns news

Jan 11

THE GOVERNMENT HAS SET ASIDE $235 MILLION FOR THE VOICE REFERENDUM.

For political ideology that serves no beneficial purpose to the 3.2% of aborigines or to the 86.8% majority of people.

It will not solve any of the problems in aboriginal communities or of many aboriginals in cities of total disrespect for people’s property, theft and violence — it will do absolutely nothing to reduce the terrible violence in aboriginal communities, the rape of women and children, the terrible domestic violence, the bashings, robberies, and murder — the health problems from poor lifestyle, bad diet, substance abuse, alcohol, unemployment, education and failing to learn decent family and community values with respect for rules and law in their community.

It is the re-birthing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Commission (ATSIC) (1990–2005) was the Australian Government body through which Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders were formally involved in the processes of government affecting their lives, established under the Hawke government in 1990. It was an expensive disaster that failed hopelessly, it appears its only success was making some members very wealthy? It was disbanded as a useless disastrous waste of resources and money.

‘The Voice’ is almost identical to the failed Labor Party theoretical ideological program ATSIC that was going to solve all these aboriginal problems, after 15 years of wasting of millions and total failure it was disbanded. Here we go again with a repeat re-run of ATSIC: The ALP Hawke government gave us great eloquent assurances and guarantees of what a great system and benefit it would be — sound very familiar. It was disbanded as a total failure, now the blinkered ALP Ideology want to waste our monies once again on a re-emergence of the previous failed disaster.

The Voice: Would just be a bigger and more authoritarian powerful version of the already totally failed, discredited, useless and defunct ATSIC. Only this time when it totally stuffs-up with massive waste of public funds and rorts, you cannot get rid of it as it is locked into the constitution.

There is always plenty of time to regret bad decisions.

NOW they want to establish the same instrument into the constitution, where in a few years of likely repeated uselessness, and massive waste of resources and millions of dollars — They will be stuck with it forever — Unless they have another $235 million-dollar referendum to remove it.

Better to learn from history and reject the referendum — Interesting how history repeats itself, unless you work hard to prevent it.

When in doubt — don’t.

Vote in haste and regret at leisure — while billions of your money is being wasted creating dictatorial structures and land claims at 62.7% of the total lands mass are swallowing Australia.

This $235 million expenditure is a total unnecessary waste of your taxpayer’s money that would serve more people and be better spent on hospitals to solve the crisis of ambulances ramping at hospitals across Australia that are causing unnecessary deaths where people die because they cannot get an ambulance waiting many hours and die before it arrives

It is a very sick government who would sooner waste limited monies on political ideology than on saving people’s lives.

Remember the only difference between a wise man and a fool, is the wise man learns from his mistakes — the fools repeat them like this re-establishment of ATSIC under a different title locked into the constitution.

Granting an unequal and undemocratic voice that gives additional access to government of one group over another always accelerates into authoritarian rule — look at the history of communism in every country — that is how it started.

Do not let it start here.

‘IF’ the Voice is passed — A new huge government department will be created with a permanent secretary, undersecretary, and myriad of highly paid staff, researchers, accountants, legal advisers — who in turn will do the usual bureaucratic procedure of calling in very expensive experts costing million, to cover for their lack of knowledge, showing they should not have been appointed in the first place — they will then establish department offices across Australia, with duplicated senior staff and support services costing many millions.

It is a sure thing the staff will not be tertiary qualified aboriginal people with black skin and 65% aboriginal DNA, who are being displaced by the dominant white indigenous invaders of predominant European DNA like Captain James Cook. They need to remember if it were not for Captain Cook and the first fleet — They would not be here.

Once embedded in the Constitution, such an internal ‘sovereign nation’ will be impossible to dismantle, this is the threat and the message all Australians must hear.

It will not be able to disbanded for incompetence and waste of millions of your taxpayer’s monies and resources like ATSIC.

You will be stuck with a parasitic organization dragging millions away from your family’s urgent health and education needs — Lack of adequate medical services and hospital construction is already 20 years behind the community needs basis with more migrants arriving.

Repetitive government funding failures has produced the disgraceful Ambulance ramping where lines of Ambulances are outside hospital emergency departments with patients waiting up to eight hours for medical attention and admission, regularly costing lives caused by the current chronic shortage of health funding and incompetent management by governments.

The needless cost of $235 million for the referendum would be better spent on Hospital construction for ‘ALL THE PEOPLE’ not just the benefit of a few — The many millions to set up bureaucratic departments for one group of 3.2% of people — would be better spent on the urgent need for more new hospitals that will serve everyone.

Editor: From what we have learned after years of research and association with Aboriginal people the elitists want every white Australian to pay them property rent forevermore. This is why state Labor governments have surreptitiously removed all parchment land deeds without a peep from the LNP. Please not the Secretary of Queensland State Cabinet when it was decided to remove all parchment deeds was none other than Kevin Rudd. Homeowners no longer have a secure title and the electronic title can easily be transferred to the burgeoning Aboriginal estate without landowner's knowledge. In fact we could be too late.

I posted this in the wrong thread so apologies for it appearing twice, it’s a little long but in my opinion very well articulated ( much more than I could ever do ).

Cairns News

‘Voice’ is a $235 million reincarnation of the corrupt ATSIC bureaucracy – ‘…a sick federal government…’

Editor, cairns news

Jan 11

THE GOVERNMENT HAS SET ASIDE $235 MILLION FOR THE VOICE REFERENDUM.

For political ideology that serves no beneficial purpose to the 3.2% of aborigines or to the 86.8% majority of people.

It will not solve any of the problems in aboriginal communities or of many aboriginals in cities of total disrespect for people’s property, theft and violence — it will do absolutely nothing to reduce the terrible violence in aboriginal communities
Thanks for sharing Mark.
I have learned a lot from your posts. i.e. How deep this problem really is! and how we are squabbling over glorified symbolic band aids.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2