The young blokes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Have a go at this kid below -Kalyn Ponga. Watched him and plenty of other talent at the schoolboy 7's Union carnival. My mates kid end up playing against a kid(giant!) from Brisso grammar who was an 18 year old carbon copy of Daniel Tupou...and run...mates kid is no slouch...he barely put a hand on him.:-/
There were plenty of footy scouts from all codes there...the Cows have Kalyn wrapped up. But there was so much up and coming talent it was heartening to see. Hopefully a cpl end up at Manly

Kalyn Ponga

Good to see a slightly-built kid with real footballing talent who doesn't rely on bulk, which has been the trend for outside backs in the past decade.
It would be good to see a return to skill-based RL (I know he was playing union, but the skill for a backline player will transfer) rather than the bashathon that our game has become. I'm hoping the number of interchanges are reduced substantially to allow players like this to have more room to move. It would rid our sport of monsters like Fatsiano who can only play for 10 minute stints.

Halve the interchanges to 5 and you will see more kids like this playing NRL as it will become more a game of endurance than size

The Who said:
Good to see a slightly-built kid with real footballing talent who doesn't rely on bulk, which has been the trend for outside backs in the past decade.
It would be good to see a return to skill-based RL (I know he was playing union, but the skill for a backline player will transfer) rather than the bashathon that our game has become. I'm hoping the number of interchanges are reduced substantially to allow players like this to have more room to move. It would rid our sport of monsters like Fatsiano who can only play for 10 minute stints.

It was actually a previous post of yours about the backs that prompted me to post this. Apparently he was called into the U/18's Qld Soo side this year as a back up...he's only 16. We need to drop two off the interchange minimum. There was a slight built aboriginal boy there (can't remember his name) ...he was dynamite...a little Presto!...but right now in the nrl he would be crushed.

And then the Newcastle Knights name 17yr old Se'e Kali in there SG Ball Squad...and all hope of skilled players go out the window as a war of size begins.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/at-150kg-teen-ipswich-prodigy-see-kali-is-ready-to-make-a-big-impact-on-rugby-league/story-e6frf3ou-1226875115342?from=public_rss

I'm glad he's going well. He seems like a good kid from the story I posted at the beginning of the year. Thanks for the update wombatgc.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Cows-get-most-talented-15yo-Kalyn-Ponga

manlyfan76 said:
I hated playing against players like that.
Kid has got talent no doubt though.

Agreed. I just hope that his knee ligaments hold out from doing so many of those balking/dodging movements.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8