There is always a silver lining

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If its true that Des is pissing off and taking up to 5 Players with - drown your sorrows with:

Tooheys New this week released more than 4,000 Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 2011 Premiership cartons to honour the club’s eighth grand final victory.

Switching from the traditional red and blue of Tooheys NEW, the limited edition cans will also feature the club’s Sea Eagles crest and team colours and carry the title of “Premiers 2011” alongside the Tooheys signature stag.

Lion Brands Director Jon Bradshaw said the cans were Tooheys’ way of celebrating with the players and providing fans with a memento of a great win.

“We, like many loyal fans, have been a proud supporter of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for over 30 years,” he said.

“We’ve had to shuffle things around at the brewery but we were determined to get these special Tooheys New cans out as soon as possible and join Sea Eagles fans in celebrating this fantastic win.”

Thirty-can cartons of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 2011 Premiership cans will be available in participating bottleshops from Monday, October 10.

:p

Don't forget Cliffy, he's going very well in the lower grade coaching stakes. A future coach. All good.

I have been a passionate Manly supporter for over 50 years and absolutely nothing would make me support any other club. NOTHING. If any fan jumps the ship now , then they are not a true supporter, go!!! we don't want or need you.

This is just another chapter, coaches and players move on, we got over Bozo leaving and that was supposed to be the end of Manly.

New brooms always sweep clean, and sometimes that means making unpopular decisions, give the new CEO the opportunity and lets see what other positive innovations happen. The new membership approach is great start.

The positive I see out of the Hoppa clan going is that it reignite the rivalry, the hatred and the passion that we once had against Parra.

If Des leaves, so be it..We can build another dynasty.

Lets look forward to next season, regardless of who is or isn't here, bring on 2012 I for one cant wait.

Bring back the Bears, we have unfinsihed business.....

Earnie the Eagle said:
I have been a passionate Manly supporter for over 50 years and absolutely nothing would make me support any other club. NOTHING. If any fan jumps the ship now , then they are not a true supporter, go!!! we don't want or need you.

This is just another chapter, coaches and players move on, we got over Bozo leaving and that was supposed to be the end of Manly.

New brooms always sweep clean, and sometimes that means making unpopular decisions, give the new CEO the opportunity and lets see what other positive innovations happen. The new membership approach is great start.

The positive I see out of the Hoppa clan going is that it reignite the rivalry, the hatred and the passion that we once had against Parra.

Lets look forward to next season, regardless of who is or isn't here, bring on 2012 I for one cant wait.

I agree with a lot of this but we don't have the money to rebuild like we used to

Jolores said:
Earnie the Eagle said:

I agree with a lot of this but we don't have the money to rebuild like we used to

Jalores, the thing is, if we had of thrown the kitchen sink at Hasler we would have even less of it to 'rebuild'. And really, keep the faith, we rebuilt from near backruptcy after the debacle of the Beagles era. Stay loyal and support the club by joining up and spending money on merchandise.

Agree, we don't have the money pit we used to have, I believe this CEO will get the job done, that why they hired him.

As much as I admire Zorba and wished it could have been handled better, we do need a new image and front person there, it will be a women be assured of that. Any suggestions who they might get?

Its a tough job being a CEO or director of any organist ion, we all think we can do a better job but in reality we probably couldn't. You are only voice on there as a director.

If you have been involved with any committee on anything, it can be nightmare.

I don't care who is coaching us, who plays for us or even runs the place, I just want my team in the NRL ...nothing else matters.

Oops, new to this forum thing so please forgive me if I stuff anything up.

How can theclub
a) Lose Des to the dogs in the frist place
b) Have this crap come out on the awards night
c) Why dont they make a statement true or false, either way, why wait for the Bulldogs to bask in their own glory at ourv expense.

What does it take to have an extraordinary general meeting and ask for answers....
This isreal crap 5 days after a premiership and we have lost Hoppa, Des and who else knows who will follow.
Its not like he hated the place he wanted to stay. If its Perry's fault piss him off.
I will reconsider my position as a member of this club

Frogz said:
How can theclub
a) Lose Des to the dogs in the frist place
b) Have this crap come out on the awards night
c) Why dont they make a statement true or false, either way, why wait for the Bulldogs to bask in their own glory at ourv expense.

What does it take to have an extraordinary general meeting and ask for answers....
This isreal crap 5 days after a premiership and we have lost Hoppa, Des and who else knows who will follow.
Its not like he hated the place he wanted to stay. If its Perry's fault piss him off.
I will reconsider my position as a member of this club

Apparently every demand Des has put to us we have met, can't do much more than that, if he wants to leave he will

Apparently we lost Hoppa in May Frogz. Consider your position Frogz, and if you're thinking of leaving the club over this, then you're weak and feeble minded. Adversity makes us stronger.

If 10 years ago, at the start of the Hasler reign, someone said that we would make the semis every year, win 2 premierships and be a dominant team in the era (with a chance of doing well in 2012), we would have jumped at it and said yes!!!

We have enjoyed a stellar era which exceeded 95-97 in premierships and so there is little to complain about.

Best wishes to Des, whatever he decides to do!

DSM5 said:
I'd say to all those who are sooking about leaving the club because a coach moves on....go. You are piss weak supporters and there's no loss. I support the club. Players and coaches come and go. The club remains, and I support that.

Here, here.

I was shocked when I read it, but at the end of the day Dessie has given 8 great years service as a coach (hopefully 9) and he moves on.

Bring on 2012, then 2013 with a new coach and a new era starts.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Kiwi Eagle said:
We may have lost Des guys, but things may be not be as bad as they seem

Hopefully Technical Coach can come to an arrangement with the club and we can have guys that can pass both ways, use the right corridors and get an improvement in Glenn Stewarts play and build the ultimate footy side

Problem is mate that TC might follow Des and then we'll be really stuffed. He has been telling us lately that he could be Des.

Gate takings against the bulldogs and the eels will be huge!
So will make the club richer.
Just have to request we play them every year

Not saying Im not supporting Manly as a team, but strongly condidering where I put my hard earned to

I will be wearing a new manly jersey every year regardless of who the coach is.

Manly for life. It's not an option.

bob dylan said:
I will be wearing a new manly jersey every year regardless of who the coach is.

Manly for life. It's not an option.

Agree with you Bob. If fans bail when times are tough they are wusses.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4