There is something on here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Technical Coach said:
Watch our left to right attack during this game it was pathetic---and people wonder why J.Lyon is not having a great year.
But our right to left is compensating for that atm, when that side clicks into gear lookout and Lyon had his best game of the year last night imo

BE you should have added `so far` after year in your sentence.. & yes i agree thats his best performance , since last year. i especially liked his take of that kick when he scored.. MAGIC..

We kept on attacking their right edge because of their defensive deficiencies down that side, we found their weak point and exploited it.

It was good to see Glenn running a bit straighter last night, I feel that part of the problem with our right side this year has been his crabbing with the ball in hand instead of taking it to the line.

That 2nd half performance was the best ive seen since smashing the scum in gf.We stepped it up a couple of gears,were brutal in defence,and brilliant in attack.
Thats the type of performance weve all been waiting for.Honestly we didnt have a bad player on the field.
One thing id like 2 see is smokin Joe start in fronrow and put Kitey back 2 the bench.We really need some more go forward, and id bring Ferris in2 the backrow.

Technical Coach said:
Monaghans performance was not the reason why we were getting lapped by huge margins back end of season---he may or may not have moped around but the seeds of failure were all there when we were performing well.

So many impeccable sources so often wrong in this forum so please dont use that line as justification.

You might get inconsistent performances from a dejected player hearing about another signing but in this day and age players are professionals and understand its just a business.

To say Monaghans so called attitude caused the dramatic down fall is laughable--young players, lack of go forward and mental toughness were bigger factors---early season form was over-hyped.
Valid points TC. But perhaps you should review that season again and note that whilst there were signs of impending demise earlier in the season for all the reasons you've stated, the floodgates opened after the Orford push started. Delmege interfered in team matters and the team's form dropped right away.

Similar thing - but much worse and for more diabolical reasons, happened to NQ a few years ago. Again revolving around the halfback.

Mark from Brisbane said:
That's a sad life TC...come on one of my trips, join us in the singing and the chanting, wave a few flags and it's sure to change yoour life.

We had lots of newbies on our Brisbane trip last night and to a man (or woman) they all said "loved it and we'll be back"

Life behind a keyboard just can't be the same???

No disrespect Mark but travelling to QLD Melb or NZ for a general season game to me is an overly dedicated supporter who probably lives behind a keyboard---i dont have that time nor will you ever see me wave a flag(flag waving is for under 13's beyond that major chemical imbalance issues lol)

TokyoEagle said:
We kept on attacking their right edge because of their defensive deficiencies down that side, we found their weak point and exploited it.

It was good to see Glenn running a bit straighter last night, I feel that part of the problem with our right side this year has been his crabbing with the ball in hand instead of taking it to the line.

Most teams attack right side defences and are able to isolate and attack weaknesses on that side due to more clinical passing----its harder to be effective attacking the left side weaknesses when your passing on your weak side-----all NRL teams are guilty of this to varying degrees.

Technical Coach said:
No disrespect Mark but travelling to QLD Melb or NZ for a general season game to me is an overly dedicated supporter who probably lives behind a keyboard---i dont have that time nor will you ever see me wave a flag(flag waving is for under 13's beyond that major chemical imbalance issues lol)

TC what do you recommend as the appropriate level of dedication for a supporter?
How about staying home by yourself watching all the games on Fox and then dismantling them with a slide rule?

I can see the fun in that (well, sort of) but I can also recommend getting out to the ground and cheering the team on. I've now also been on a couple of the trips and they are great fun. In addition you'd probably even get the chance to explain your tactics directly to the players at a post-match function, which might be more useful than just telling us.

I have to agree with TC a little, in that Brisbane without Lockyer are half the side they are when he plays. They didn't threaten a lot last night. You'd expect to beat Broncos more often than not when they are missing, Locky, Thaiday and Hodges.

I will say our effort was good though, especially defensively. Really "attacked" hard in defense and forced some errors. And it was good to see us play right through the 80 and not ease up. I agree

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brett Stewart, looked extremely fit, and fast again, s**t it is good to watch !! Hopoate has been doing great, but Stewart just adds that spot of X Factor, as shown by that amazing try he set up. His option taking in our set plays is top shelf as well, makes it look easy. If he stays fit, he is our missing puzzle piece that takes us from top 4 to serious contenders

I think Brett still looks a little hesitant, not quite at full confidence just yet. Look out when he does hit his straps.

I was thinking last night that this side is starting to get a bit of a whiff about them....you can smell something brewing. They look like they are really playing for each other and confidence is growing. If we can put together another 2 or 3 performances like last nights then sides will sit up and take notice. Consistency is the key.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Technical Coach said:

TC what do you recommend as the appropriate level of dedication for a supporter?
How about staying home by yourself watching all the games on Fox and then dismantling them with a slide rule?

I can see the fun in that (well, sort of) but I can also recommend getting out to the ground and cheering the team on. I've now also been on a couple of the trips and they are great fun. In addition you'd probably even get the chance to explain your tactics directly to the players at a post-match function, which might be more useful than just telling us.

Will never own pay tv or anything FOX related full stop but would love being in the video brains trust at Manly thats my type of entertainment or actually playing(past my playing days though---just)---i'm more hands on than the supporter type.

Each to their own in relatioin to dedication and time commitment in supporting any cause not for me to decide what is the appropriate level----all that counts is your own personal enjoyment level.

I'm not silly enough to bother chatting with players about tactics from a supporters stand point without any official capacity to do so. Not the type to even care to be in their near presence---never understood the need to have a photo taken with a player or a scribbled signature on a paper(ooooh i was able to touch my idol here is proof lol)

Great post KE. Shame I had to trawl through the 'glass 90% empty' stuff to get the right feedback from people who are just happy to have a very convincing win.

That's democracy TC....you do it YOUR way and I'll do it MY way.

I have made a lot of people get a lot of enjoyment from the games these last few years. We have a ball travelling away, going to the games, enjoying each others company, singing, chanting and (yes shock horror) waving flags.

We enjoy the banter with the opposition fans, the players coming to the fence to cheer us (for cheering them) and the incredible feeling of "family" in being "as one"....Manly fans all together at an away venue enjoying ourseleves.

You do it your way mate, but let me tell you there's a hell of a lot more who like it my way and for that I'll be eternally grateful!!

Not bagging yourself or the wonderful dedicated supporters who travel to all parts of Australia and Overseas to support in their numbers Mark even if it comes across as a little too dedicated for my liking. The same can be said for myself in relation to analysing every technical aspect of basically all sports i follow---each to their own i say.

You seem like a genuine bloke with a balanced point of view unlike some and i get out to my share of Sydney games unlike your parting comments suggested "Life behind a keyboard just can't be the same". My point is i go and enjoy the game while analysing not the parochial type so i would never enjoy or gel with the "group banter"

Anyway always admired the effort you put into organising the group travels never hear a bad experience just all positives.

This is group banter, and you are doing fine. Don't underestimate yourself (or the rest of us for that matter).

I thought our entire team was fantastic last night. However, I'll single out Kite's performance as particularly pleasing simply because it was so far better than anything else he has produced in a long time. Some of those hit-ups he made were reminiscent of his 2008 GF performance.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Technical coach reminds me of one of my old mates from school. He had a job pumpIng petrol after school, run of the mill stuff

Ask him what his job was and he was a "petroleum transfer technician" lol

I think TC might say he is a "self-employed solo semen extraction engineer".

Technical Coach said:
Anyway always admired the effort you put into organising the group travels never hear a bad experience just all positives.

I had a bad experience on one of Mark's trips, I spilled mt 17th beer all over the front of my shirt.

I complained to Mark and asked for my money back, but the rotten bastard just forced me to have another beer!!!!!

Lol Mad Marcus. I have decided that I won't be going to the Bulldogs game next week for fear of being branded as too dedicated. If Manly score 30 points to zip in the second half I will have the ****s because their attack is not structured to my liking. I couldn't believe my eyes last nite when they attacked down the one side as they saw a weakness there. I am calling for Dessie to get the sack to be replaced by Peter Sharp.

Ralphie said:
Technical Coach said:

I had a bad experience on one of Mark's trips, I spilled mt 17th beer all over the front of my shirt.

I complained to Mark and asked for my money back, but the rotten bastard just forced me to have another beer!!!!!

If you'd spilt your 16th you'd be sweet but not the 17th as you would then be pissed!!

I need less of me (heart on sleeve), and more of you Tech. Coach (analytical) in my make up - hehehe

That being said, I always enjoy your dissection of the games, and think what you say is spot on most of the time.

Apart from the fan bit though. I'm the opposite. Too passionate, and go way over the top. If I could snag a signature for the kids, so they could shot it to theirs one day, from a player on the team that won the 2011 GF, I'd be pumped.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6