• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
True Clon - I saw that game against the Pakis in Hobart a few years back. However our openers are wobblier than a honeymooning couple. Massive reversal and we will have to bowl out of our skins today.

We are every hope.

India are now 5/135. With a lead of 270.

If we go in and they have a lead of under 400 I reckon we can chase it down if we are given a day and a half

This morning I said we could chase anything up to 400, and that even included saying we'd be 2 down for 15 with Jaques and Rogers not knowing what to do.

Instead we're chasing 413 and we're 2/50.

Ponting is well overdue for runs. Needs an Old Trafford-type innings today (without throwing his wicket away and leaving the final few overs to McGrath and Bing). Massive pressure, not in good form, but he's the captain and he needs to deliver.

The key target will be lunchtime tomorrow. If they're travelling well and have two batsmen who are set (doesn't have to be Ponting and Huss, but no more than 4 down), then they are every chance.

Its definitely set up to be a classic test match. I reckon they can do it. Hussey and Ponting to post centuries. We will get there with half a day to spare.

If we win, we will do it today! Lot of pressure on the top order though.

It should be compelling viewing and a win would be worthy of the world record of seventeen wins in a row.

Good play by the indians to whinge about everything under the sun to take the Aussies minds off it.

In the end just 73 runs in it, after being 5/62 in the first innings.

If they had a chance to focus on cricket our batsman could easily have made 100 more

Fluffy link said:
Good play by the indians to whinge about everything under the sun to take the Aussies minds off it.

In the end just 73 runs in it, after being 5/62 in the first innings.

If they had a chance to focus on cricket our batsman could easily have made 100 more

Do you reckon Huss and Roy would've been able to make 73 between them had they not been incorrectly given out?

I'd say they might've had a chance.

certainly the cards fell in India's favour this test, you forgot Rogers as well.

I just want to know how much the inidans are paying the WACA curator since that was nothing like the pitch from the 20 -20.

all in all the aussies need a 4th bowler, i personally was hoping hilfenhouse from tassie would come along - we need someone who is a genuine swing bowler, not a johnson who can only do it when the planets align

The Indians got most of the decisions this test match and one or two were shockers. Symonds inside edge was a poor one. Hussey was unlucky to have been hit above the pad and still given.

Normally you would say what goes are comes around but after their moaning at Sydney it puts it in a different light.

Fluffy link said:
Normally you would say what goes are comes around but after their moaning at Sydney it puts it in a different light.

That's my feeling about it as well. That's how I've always known cricket - you'll get good and bad calls, they will even out in the end. That's what Roy said when asked why he didn't walk in Sydney, and we saw exactly why... because he knows he's going to be on the end of a dud call soon enough as well.

Will the BCCI apologise for their disgusting behaviour after the Sydney test? Or will they now call for Bowden to be sacked ala Bucknor? I dunno. It makes a lot of their actions look particularly stupid in hindsight, and I can't imagine the ACB will be making outrageous threats ahead of the Adelaide test, and I certainly don't expect to see anybody out on the streets burning effigies of Bowden anytime soon.

Quality Test though. Bring on Adelaide. India will get smoked. :)

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003413,00.html

Mike Colman

January 20, 2008 12:00am
WE wuz had.
India's stunning performance in the third Test at the WACA should be dedicated to a lot more than the 11 players out on the field.
They should share their pay cheques with their bullying officials back home, the weak-kneed administrators at the International Cricket Council and certain members of the media who have taken every opportunity to put the knife into the Aussies since this series began.
The Australian side which took the field for this Test was weakened by retirements and injury but, more than that, it was a side with its heart ripped out.
Remember that scene in one of the Rocky movies where Rocky's trainer tells him he's no longer feared by his opponents?
"Kid," he says, "the worst thing that could happen to a fighter happened to you. You got civilised."
The Australian team was never a Mike Tyson type, threatening to eat its opponents' children, but it was a team to be feared.
It walked into town with its head held high, chest puffed out and talking tough. Even without mouthing the words it said, "We're winners and we're going to grind you into the dust."
It's a look we know well. The All Blacks have it, the Melbourne Storm have it and at various times the Brisbane Lions and Broncos have had it.
Some people call it confidence. Others call it arrogance. Either way, you need it to win for a sustained period of time.
The Australian cricket team had it at the start of the second Test in Sydney. By the third Test in Perth it was gone, stripped away by officialdom, jealous commentators and embarrassed locals who are uncomfortable with success.
In the space of a week the Australians got civilised.
Ricky Ponting and his team walked out for the first day at the WACA promising to play nice. They made a public commitment to bend over backwards to make their visitors feel right at home.
The Indians were nice enough to graciously accept the Australians' offer -- as they would. They were the ones with nothing to lose and everything to gain.
In effect, the Aussies were throwing away any advantage they might have had over this very good Indian team.
There is very little between the sides. This, after all, is not the Australian team of a few years ago.
There is no Shane Warne, no Glenn McGrath, no Justin Langer, no Damien Martyn. The loss of Matthew Hayden through injury has made the top order even more vulnerable.
The Australians had home crowds, public support, and that air of superiority -- confidence, arrogance, call it what you will. Hysterical reaction to the team's behaviour in Sydney robbed them of that.
The way the ICC backed down to the financial clout of the Indian heavies, the way the Australian authorities panicked over the effect of bad publicity on sponsorship dollars and the success of the anti-Ponting campaign stirred up by a former England B captain who now calls Australia home, all combined to back the team into a corner.
These are highly paid professionals whose big pay packets and idyllic lifestyles depend on their popularity. If people don't support them, those people won't buy Fords or KFC, and those companies will no longer want to use the players in those omnipresent adverts.
It's a vicious circle.
So instead of a confident, arrogant, winning team, we get a nice, civilised one. Maybe a losing one.
And you can hear the cry of delight echoing around every other cricket-playing nation. Gotcha.

Gotto agree with that piece, the other half who knows very little about cricket said on day 1 we would lose based soley on the off field antics.

The one saving grace is the Indians did play well for the most part

you were all as happy as Larry when The Aussies got the lucky decisions in Sydney.

Farkign hypocrites

Tendulkar got a pretty dodgy one in the first innings as well, but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good whinge. 

At then end of the day it wasn't a couple of dodgy second innings lbws that cost the Aussies, it was getting bundled out for 212 in the first innings-you don't win too many games from there.   

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6