This is a bottom 4 team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And… next week Saab will be picked over Jorge. I would bite the bullet and put Weekes at FB, Garrick and Saab as wingers, Koula and Tui as centres for rest of season. Schuster to start instead of Davey and Davey to be used off the bench. We defended very well tonight, just some silly mistakes costs us dearly. Walker offload for a try, penalties in their half which led to tries.

Warriors next week and we will be missing at least DCE and Jake, possibly Ola. It will be time for Des to also bring in Segeyaro as Walker will most likely start at lock.
Jake won’t be playing origin.

We're just not a good team, too many in our squad aren't close to first grade. I think the worst part is when most teams are crap you get to see young players blooded and there's a hopeful glimmer, but with this team we're not particularly young and the same dribble keeps getting picked. I would advocate for the moving on of Des but I'm not sure who would do a better job with this current crop.

Anyway, us as fans need to come to terms with this reality, we won't be beating any good teams and we're not playing finals.
I think you're right

We've been trying to fill in a budget squad around our million-dollar core players for years but we've always been a volitile, inconsistent side plagued by inconsistency and occasional mediocrity. I think it's probably time to stop trying to cut corners. Our core group of million dollar players in DCE, Jurbo, Taupau and Trbo (of course can't be too negative about him) aren't the right fit.

We are always forced to scrape by in valuable positions (centres, dummy half, lock) to accomodate the golden-group.

Then our next gen of forwards seem to never be as good as we think. It turns out Keppie isn't a smart footballer, Paseka is unsure of himself, Olakautau is a weakness with goal-line defence and is error/stupid prone, Schuster isn't an intense competitor (and is obsessed with flashy) and Jake attacks with zero urgency. Forwards have been a huge issue this year.

They're stale again and the common denominators are Jake, Marty, DCE's defence, a fickle mindset and the cap strategy we've attached to since getting DCE to backflip.

If they can't show they're willing to be competitve, they are expendable. My respect for them (although unimportant), is already part-expended. Totally disinterested after that uninspiring game.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can select better players but the passion is still missing. There is no football smarts out there. We have no structure that new players can follow..it all based on throwing the dice and wish for the best in attack.

You can add the Penn's also to this list.

Don't trust the with future of the club.
The Penn's are our future
The Penn's have invested a lot of time and money to our club where others have walked out on us

Last edited:
Not all his fault, but manly are going nowhere whilst DCE is there.

His defence is awful, reading defence, always needing players to finish off his tackle cause he just slows them down, good or great game 1 out of every 3 or so, isnt an organising half so if manly are out of sorts that day then DCE just gets worse, cant utilise Ola or Koula effectively like Foz can.....and he is on top dollar. He can kick field goals and 40/20's.

Either cut his salary or look to the future and have a little more to spend on worthy players.

The Penn's are our future
The Penn's have invested a lot of time and money to our club where others have walked out on us
They have refused to sell the club to others who could make us more competitive.
Since 2014 when they took full control we haven't reached a grand final. We are no longer a premiership force. How many more fruitless years will it take for the Penns, and their supporters, to acknowledge that their tenue has been the bleakest period in Manly's once proud history?

They have refused to sell the club to others who could make us more competitive.
Since 2014 when they took full control we haven't reached a grand final. We are no longer a premiership force. How many more fruitless years will it take for the Penns, and their supporters, to acknowledge that their tenue has been the bleakest period in Manly's once proud history?
If we loved the club as much as the Penn's love our club we would not sell our club either
Think about it feathered friend before you post

Not all his fault, but manly are going nowhere whilst DCE is there.

His defence is awful, reading defence, always needing players to finish off his tackle cause he just slows them down, good or great game 1 out of every 3 or so, isnt an organising half so if manly are out of sorts that day then DCE just gets worse, cant utilise Ola or Koula effectively like Foz can.....and he is on top dollar. He can kick field goals and 40/20's.

Either cut his salary or look to the future and have a little more to spend on worthy players.
Yep. He was very poor tonight, particularly his kicking. He never found open space.
He has been a great player for us -- and arguably the club's most durable -- but unless he is going to transition into coaching I can't understand why the club extended his contract till 2025.

If we loved the club as much as the Penn's love our club we would not sell our club either
Think about it feathered friend before you post
If they love the club as much as you think they would realise that they are not capable of leading the club to glory.
I think you are confusing Max Delmege with the Penns. Max loved the club and helped it achieve a premiership, at great financial hardship to his family.

If they love the club as much as you think they would realise that they are not capable of leading the club to glory.
I think you are confusing Max Delmege with the Penns. Max loved the club and helped it achieve a premiership, at great financial hardship to his family.
I know Max . I have had the great pleasure to have met the great man
Max is a great Man and so is Mr Penn . Both of these great Men loved the club enough to pour their heart and soul and lifes saving into it
Mr Penn was also the owner when we won our 2011 title . Mr Penn was the owner that secured the most sought out signature of the greatest player in the game Tom Turbo and I hope you do not blame Mr Penn for Toms injuries as well

Is this a bottom 4 team ?

The reality is that we are heading that way

The reality is we have some promising players but as a team we promise so much and offer so little

Tonight was the night our team had the opportunity to rise up and be counted
and we fell off our perch once again

i think the players and coach (and fans) are still feeling absolutely gutted from last weeks game, being dudded. You can tell the players energy level was down. However, its true about the title of this thread. We are error ridden and a bottom 4 side.
1. Schuster was too close to foz and dropped the ball
2. we are in attacking position and Olakuatu loses the ball
3. Jorge had the ball stolen from him near our tryline
4 we are forever defending and defending and defending, impossible to win a game that way
5. Tippytoes cant catch the bomb
6. keppie almost dropping the ball on the play the ball. (every time keppie gets the ball, i feel like its going to slip out of his grasp)

Its hard to watch. the only player that plays well consistently week in week out are Foz, Reubs and Alaoi. We have no structure, look disjointed and our spine is weak.
I predict we are around 12th.
I would also rank DCE as around the middle of the field halfback.
so frustrating too seeing Tom like that. he is so injury prone.

Ummmm,,, The NRL cover the players bills with their grant to each club.

The reality of Private ownership during tough economic times
"(Manly and Gold Coast) have access to private ownership, and so ultimately if things gets really dire, private ownership has the ability to help in its own way.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6