This is the way the bears should end,not with a bang,but a whimper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All things aside, seeing the crowd that showed up for us vs souths was a fair indication a side is needed imo. They go close to sell out every game they get.

codewana said:
Haha - nothing to do with English.. just that there are no TV's in Synagogue :p

Ha ha. There are no TV's in St Ives period. Electricity is too expensive

They play the films on a 9mm projector that they found on the council collection one night and that way the synagogue also pays for the electricity cost.

fLIP said:
All things aside, seeing the crowd that showed up for us vs souths was a fair indication a side is needed imo. They go close to sell out every game they get.

I keep saying that the number of people who turn up to the ground will have zero swaying power over the inclusion of a new team. The new teams will be decided on TV money only.

While I don't remember where, one of the papers did a chart somewhat recently that showed the CC was the highest subscription base for foxtel nation wide. No gain will be achieved by putting a team there, and sponsorship wise it just spreads the already limited pool of available NSW based businesses a little wider.

The biggest TV increases will be from a Perth and an another Brisbane team to my thinking so that is why I am guessing that they will be the next two inclusions.

Much more likely that the new commission will increase the 'gift' available to teams to relocate from Sydney to the CC.

Rusty said:
Much more likely that the new commission will increase the 'gift' available to teams to relocate from Sydney to the CC.
A gift that will look increasingly tempting for any Sydney clubs playing out of antiquated facilities and dealing with obstructionist Councils.

We tried that Matas and it didn't work. It just wont happen. More likely is the relocation of the Sharks or Souths. Souths would fit as the supporters up there are real bogans. Scary people indeed. Actually my thoughts are that the IC will go for another Qld team to broaden the TV rights and a Perth team for the same reason. No Sydney team will want another team in NSW, nor will any Qld members of the IC.

Matabele said:
Rusty said:
A gift that will look increasingly tempting for any Sydney clubs playing out of antiquated facilities and dealing with obstructionist Councils.

You keep banging on about Brookvale being antiquated but I'd much rather put my money on an antiquated ground making it's way forward than a sub-standard ground.

3 sides is not up to NRL standards. It is a poor design that has nothing to offer the spectator.
Brookvale only lacks in the playing surface & corporate box facilities. These problems can be solved a lot more easily than can the major deficiencies at Gosford. It's a white elephant.

If I were to put money on it, I would guess that the IC will offer 'incentives' to move away from Sydney, to the CC or to Adelaide, and that Souths will move 50% of their games to the CC and sharks will go to South Australia.

The money will have to be good, but then again the sharks are getting desperate.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2