Thoughts on the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MOTM = Watmough, they got that right. Hall, Brett Stewart, and Rodney also looked good. Their big names were crap - (sits down to)Peacock got his arse handed to him, and I don't think Senior made 1 tackle (plenty of him bean bagging in when tackled player was on the ground though)

best moment may have been big Georgie Rose playing again

Did those two pommie commentators represent England in whinging ? They are world class.

Also did a truckload of ugly pills fall into the water supply in Leeds ? Not pretty.

Ended up a **** game thanks to the ref, but Manly looked in control pretty much the whole 80mins. Turned it on for about 10 minutes but the rest of the time we were a bit rusty. The scoreline flattered the Poms, if they are the best side in the ESL then I won't be tuning in to watch any games in a hurry.

the fight between Perry and Peacock. Funniest thing ever. Peacock blind sided perry with some slaps and then Perry turned around and got him on the first or second punch and that was the first and last clean hit i saw.

Did anyone else hear the commentators comment "In manly some rank this as the best manly team ever?". I have only seen real two contenders mid-90s and now. what do you guys reckon?

I'm the same. Of our "great" sides I've only seen '96 and this current mob.

Personally I rate the '96 crew slightly ahead at this stage, but this current group still have time to improve their record. Another premiership would put them ahead.

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it???

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS

I have had some communications with the touring group and have been advised the atmosphere was awsome, it certainly sounded that way on Fox Sports.

World Champions we did what the what Storm couldn't do.

Well done Sea Eagles and it's great to see Manly supporters flying the Manly colours.

Watmough deserved MoM

also knocking the midget out of the game was special. didn't desrve a penalty though

You all know what's scary - add Bani, Kite and T-Rex to hat !!

Williams got caught out in defense 3-4 times. He needs to pull his head in and get his positioning right - as Bani is waitin in the wings (so to speak) to step up.

And Cuthbo - your a God amongst men. How fit, powerful and X-factor is he !!

As dfown as Lyon can be - which is still dominating the opposition. Remember it was his pressure that lead to the turnover for the 2nd try after the bomb by us was put up.

World Champions we did what the what Storm couldn't do. Now we don't have to hear them all saying the Rorters were the last team to win the WCC.

Can't wait to listen to talking sports today  ;D

willstyles link said:
I'm the same. Of our \"great\" sides I've only seen '96 and this current mob.

Personally I rate the '96 crew slightly ahead at this stage, but this current group still have time to improve their record. Another premiership would put them ahead.

Same same.. i've only seen 96 and now, and i thought that 96 was ahead because i think the halves were more dominant.. but now with this win.. '08 is edging ahead IMO.. as willstyles said, if we can nad another premiership and/or minor premiership, or even make another grand final, this squad would be ahead..

On another note (and matt can fouch for this).. i was losing it at those commentators.. What about that comment about Bob Fulton being the greatest try scorer in Manly history.. and that was just after speaking to Beaver!! Helloooo!!!

Great effort for the pre-season; as already mentioned in dispatches Rodney looks a valuable addition, Cuthbo was creative. Bailey, still got a ways to go (and I still think it's a pity to lose Lyon's increased involvement closer to the ruck). Watmough was great; gives you an indication of how closely he is watched in the nrl to keep him under control.

glad (in a way) to see b. stewart muff a try so badly; that should be that for a couple of seasons.

best teams ever? crusty buggers find it hard to go past the eary 70s teams with Eadie, Branigan, Fulton, Mal Reilly, Randall, O'Neal, Herman Hamilton (and Ian Martin of course....). the mid-90s sides were class all across the park though, no doubt. personal favourite was the 78 team with some of the above plus krilich, thompson, bruce walker, and johnny gibbs (he was seriously scintillating pre-hammy).

Ryan link said:
Williams got caught out in defense 3-4 times. He needs to pull his head in and get his positioning right - as Bani is waitin in the wings (so to speak) to step up.

You can only defend according to your inside man. The whole side were playing an up and in defensive pattern. Both wingers got dragged in at stages however that will always happen when you play the defensive style we did today.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
great to see Big George get thru the game as well

Lyon seemed to be a bit down tonight though

Jamie seemed to be trying too hard early in the game but settled into it. Rose great to see him back. All the Whinos fans around me were really wound up in the 10 minute spell after half time when we nailed the 3 trys, but a few kept commenting on the speed we were coming onto the ball. Watmough had a awesome game but Orford was my MoTM has he ran the game throughout, bit like Sherwin for Classy Cas on Saturday night against Salford. Bailey was a bit of a let down after some of the hype he's had.

There were three standouts and this is in order.
1. Orford
2. Watmough
3. B Stewart

an honourable mention goes to perry for getting blindsided slapped, turned out an land one.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6